Why the meaning of life?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Life is but what we make of it, therefore its purpose and definition differs for each person.
Quoted for truth!

Indeed, no one can tell you what the meaning of life is. Well, they can tell you what their meaning of life is. If you want to know what your meaning of life is, just live your life and you will find out. If you are more one of the persons that wants to make something out of their life, your meaning of life will be...making something of life. If you are more one of the people that wants to enjoy life, well, fill in yourself. Personally I am one of the people that want to enjoy life but also know when to be serious.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If being serious means you can't enjoy life, then is being serious really worth it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By serious I mean, work-aholics and such...I am not that kind of serious...Well, I guess there is some truth in what you say, work-aholics might enjoy working alot...

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ok, I apologise before hand for the offtopic post.

donnierisk, as you said you didn't read the posts above so I'll quote my post and highlight the important bit:

me said:
but that meteor hit with the force of SEVERAL THOUSAND nukes, the planet quite obviously survived. We are quite capable of destroying all human life on the planet with nukes but not the planet.
Now then, MC, nuclear winter would kill most life on the planet, not all life, and not the planet, so I'm still right. It's very very hard to kill a planet you know.

Zeo said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I should have said we have the capability to destroy all life on this planet. Its not like statistics say our weapons can destroy the planet multiple times anyway, right?

P.S.

All of our WMD detonated at the same time is a gazillion times more powerful than an asteroid hitting the Earth. All asteroids really do is kick up a bunch of dust which then blocks out light from the Sun. Our weapons do a tiny bit more than that.
I'm sorry but, kick up a bunch of dust? Actually it's more like send out a massive shockwave which kills and levels near everything it hits, send massive amounts of dust into the atmosphere, send out earthquakes through the planet which are so powerful that they caused hundreds of volcanos to errupt on the other side of the earth which not only does the lava damage but sends hundreds (maybe thousands) of tons of volcanic dust into the atmosphere. And this is just the one that hit the planet during that period. So no, not a "gazillion" times more powerful.

Ontopic:

Zeo again said:
Anyway....life is what you make of it. If making money makes you happy, fine. If you want to sit on your ass all day and it actually makes you happy, fine. If you like to dress up in women's clothing and you enjoy touching small children, you need to stop immediately because you are a sick bastard.
Ok that made me laugh. XD I agree with that. I also agree with what you said about being serious. I've never understood why people do things for years that just make them utterly miserable.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The asteroid wasn't that powerful. We also have more than several thousand, and most of them are over a hundred times more powerful than the A-Bomb used during WW2.

Little info: The most powerful thermonuclear device so far tested has been dubbed the "Tsar Bomba". Its explosive force was equivalent to that of 57 megatons of TNT. It was detonated by the Soviet military over the remote Arctic island of Novaya Zemlya at 8.33 am GMT on October 30, 1961. It was so powerful shockwaves from the bomb circled the earth three times.

That was only one bomb.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shockwaves circling the earth isn't all that much. It didn't cause massive volcanic eruptions did it? Nope.

Anyway, before we get warnings for offtopic and get the thread closed or something let's just agree to disagree ok?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No thanks. Like I said, it was one bomb. Your arguement is all of our warheads detonated at the same time can't destroy the Earth.

I also stand corrected. Modern nukes aren't a hundred times more powerful than the A-Bombs used in WW2. They're thousands of times more powerful. A little miscalculation on my part.

Thinking of ways to destroy things makes me happy. Happiness is what gives life meaning to me.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well if you really want to keep arguing on your own then feel free but uhhh.....why are you mentioning the WW2 a-bombs?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
......you're kidding right?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No, no I'm not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've made a thread about this for you to, and hopefully others, to keep argueing about. Let's keep this thread ontopic for now on =).

Best answers
donnierisk said:
I've heard 5 atom bombs hitting the earth at same time will put us out of orbit, but we'll have more problems to worry about then that, except for we'll either freeze or burn to death, well I don't know if this is off-topic, but I inly read zeonix's post above and he talked about bombs and stuff so yeah.
Ha, you think atom bombs will knock Earth out of orbit? >_>
http://www.worldjumpday.org/

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the second time you've said that. Just say what you want to say and be done with it.

Best answers
Technically, I said it 3 times... But I was just trying to break the Ice and get this thread back on topic. And I dont want to be held accountable for starting a religious flame war if one ever occurs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why people are asking that is because in this time nobody knows what to do.
I mean some create even their own ideas on "meaning of life".
Everybody is asking that because theres no answer for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Technically, I said it 3 times... But I was just trying to break the Ice and get this thread back on topic. And I dont want to be held accountable for starting a religious flame war if one ever occurs.
I think 99,99% of the people that post on these forums are mature enough not to start a religious flame war, and the other 0,01% don't post in threads like these. And if it would get out of hand, I think the moderators would take care of it and not held you responsible, because it wasn't your intention to begin a flame war. I think most of us are mature enough to respect other people's opinions on these forums...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im thinking 97% of the forum is full of 12 year olds who will pop out of nowhere to try to say their God is better than yours, but you can risk it. There is no right or wrong, so theres no reason to have a religious debate. Just post what meaning of life is to you o_O.

Best answers
I'd rather play it safe and just leave it at that. Not unless I get permission from a moderator... but no one really cares what I think anyway. o_0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom