Why didn't you adding adult gohan for final release ??

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Also wouldnt adult goten, and Uub, etc be added aswell? Cause they we're in Dbz episodes in the ending.. and not from movies..

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Adult Goten was shown doing nothing that could give him a unique moveset. Uub's basically the same way.

Best answers
Adult Goten was shown doing nothing that could give him a unique moveset. Uub's basically the same way.
you mean adult gohan :p
sorry i just had to say that

Best answers
Isn't it possible to add your own models next to the official models in the final version? I think I read that a long time ago when the team was showing the menu..
That you could add your own models instead of replacing the official ones but at had some limits due to balancing. Like the attacks etc... something with the XML tool?

I could be mistaken.... Don't know if this is realy true or if i just understood it wrong...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't it possible to add your own models next to the official models in the final version? I think I read that a long time ago when the team was showing the menu..
That you could add your own models instead of replacing the official ones but at had some limits due to balancing. Like the attacks etc... something with the XML tool?

I could be mistaken.... Don't know if this is realy true or if i just understood it wrong...
something like this is possible to some degree. Our new model format can not easily be decompiled, therefore people cannot put some new models on a skeleton, do an ugly rig and go ahead with it. They will have to provide a whole model including all animations. The likeliness of this going to happen is as likely as project tien being completed. you can, however provide the Team with a cool model and ask Darktooth nicely to do the rigg and animations for you, question is if he has the time and motivation to do that.

Best answers
something like this is possible to some degree. Our new model format can not easily be decompiled, therefore people cannot put some new models on a skeleton, do an ugly rig and go ahead with it. They will have to provide a whole model including all animations. The likeliness of this going to happen is as likely as project tien being completed. you can, however provide the Team with a cool model and ask Darktooth nicely to do the rigg and animations for you, question is if he has the time and motivation to do that.
Maybe you should't have said that part about darktooth.. he is going to have a lot of spam from people... hahaha XD
I'ts understandable seeing the qualitiy of your models... So the decomple cannot be done by anyone but the team?
Can the animations not be taken over from your models? (if the modelling team allows)
Or is there going to be some tutorial?

That's also why i hope the modeling pro's will return or be attrackted when esf is finished..
For me the official models are all I need but it's just good to see people work on models and maps.

Edit: sorry i misread the part about animations and skeletons.
Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's not gonna be much reason to have a model built without a game to put it on. That's the same reason Gotenks and Tien didn't work out. No immediate payoff. In 1.1 and 1.2 we had awesome new models coming out every day.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's not gonna be much reason to have a model built without a game to put it on. That's the same reason Gotenks and Tien didn't work out. No immediate payoff. In 1.1 and 1.2 we had awesome new models coming out every day.
Operation Tien was started even before the open beta was released. Your argument doesn't make much sense.

Best answers
Well for me it doesn't matter anyway. With 1.0 to 1.2 I was always collecting moddels, sprites, maps etc to make ESF as perfect for my liking..
I didn't want other models like tien or vegetto etc but just the best models for the existing characters..
With the final that doesn't matter anymore, you can't get better quality in my opinion at least not now anymore... I was asking for the other people in
the tread.

I can understand why people wouldn't build a model when they are not even sure it can be used. So.. ESF final is realy "final" then? At least when it comes to
improve your ESF final with community stuff..

But.. you never know who will join the forums in the future.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for me it doesn't matter anyway. With 1.0 to 1.2 I was always collecting moddels, sprites, maps etc to make ESF as perfect for my liking..
I didn't want other models like tien or vegetto etc but just the best models for the existing characters..
With the final that doesn't matter anymore, you can't get better quality in my opinion at least not now anymore... I was asking for the other people in
the tread.

I can understand why people wouldn't build a model when they are not even sure it can be used. So.. ESF final is realy "final" then? At least when it comes to
improve your ESF final with community stuff..

But.. you never know who will join the forums in the future.
No you can build models just fine for it. I merely said that it's going to be unlikely that someone will put that much effort in it, I could be wrong though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the game -releases- and we get an influx of players again, we will get a bunch of models made fairly quickly. I don't think we'd get that base of players again at this stage in the game, but it's possible.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No you can build models just fine for it. I merely said that it's going to be unlikely that someone will put that much effort in it, I could be wrong though.
Well you never know what talented people may show up when it gets released.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are your thoughts on releasing the skeletons and .bip files for the animations if the modeling community ends up coming alive and creates promising content again, like it was in the 1.0-1.2 days?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are your thoughts on releasing the skeletons and .bip files for the animations if the modeling community ends up coming alive and creates promising content again, like it was in the 1.0-1.2 days?
I leave that decision up to Darktooth and the ones who spent countless hours creating them and getting the to where they are.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah but how about ultimate gohan...he seems badass enough for me ;)
I think SSJ2 kid gohan is still more epic. Just the fact that a kid just overcame all adults and became stronger is epic enough. Also the look of him is better when he's kid. But i guess that depends on individual taste.

Last edited:
Best answers
I think SSJ2 kid gohan is till more epic. Just the fact that a kid just overcame all adults and became stronger is epic enough. Also the look of him is better when he's kid. But i guess that's for everyone's taste.
that sounds... dirty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom