Why did you name yourself "that" nickname for forum?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam it was harmless.

In any case you didnt explain your name >.<

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it all began when I was 12.....
Like all of us at some point in our lives, I was a DBZ maniac. AND THUS, I chose a dbz related nickname for myself on every forum. This nickname was "supershenlon". After growing up a bit, I realised what an anal name it was, and thought long and hard for a new nickname. I tried "Sparxx", but it didn't have that zing to it. I tried "Kinetixx", and while it was nice, didn't quite stick me in the gaming and anime world I was obsessed with at the time. Lo-behold, 2 years later, the GameCube came out. Being the nintendoid I was (and still am), I continued to search. A few months later, Super Smash Brothers Melee came out, and being the huge SSB fan I was, having played it all the time with my friends at school, Link and Kirby were my favourite characters to be. So, i thought of using those 2 names as my nick. However, Link was too common a name; and Kirby just sounded really gay. After racking my painfully powerful brain for a bit longer, I noticed that little boy with the baseball bat, yoyo, and baseball cap with PsychoKinesis powers. I thought to myself, "RIGHT, THAT'S THE ONE FOR ME" and ran along with it. 6 years down the line, and I still hold the name Ness`; a name which no-one else thought of having. The ` added for style puposes; originated in #esf, can't remember who from. Think it was ecchipr0n or MSR34 or something. Anyways, it's all me.

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Stealth: Because Ninjas are stealth.
Sudaka: Derogatory term used by Spaniards when refering to South Americans.
Kinda like white people with the N word for colored fellows.

And my obsession with ninjas? I did TaeKwonDo and Ninjutsu a while back, now Im gonna try out Krav Maga, hear its quite lethal.

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"MC" is short for "Madcat," a nickname I used to go by during my Delta Force: Land Warrior days. The nickname "Madcat" was a reference to my favorite battlemech of the same name from the MechWarrior series:

After some time, I decided to shorten it to "MC" and I've stuck with it since. Though, this is the only forum that I go by the nickname. Primarily because most forums require nicknames, upon registration, to be at least three characters long. And because I don't like using the same nickname too many times.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dammit >_<

I hate it when people say 'ninjas'.

You cant pluralise another language like that.

1 ninja. 2 ninja. 3 000 000 ninja. Its like sheep.

/neurotic rant

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like the "MF29" moniker that I created years ago as a kid. This name was actually inspired by my older brother's moniker, "Mason607". He would often times play SNES and PS1 RPGs. Back in those days I never played RPG games, but when he did, I would watch. In every game he would put Mason607 as his profile name.

My father also used the "MF" moniker when creating Video Game profiles, but that was shortly after MF29 was officially established. The 29 supposedly originated from my old Soccer Jersey's number. The Soccer Team that I used to play on as a kid wasn't all that significant. To this day I'm not even sure if "29" was the actual jersey number. If it wasn't, it was somewhere in the thirties or twenties.

I didn't use my age as a number because I knew it was going to change every year. I used my first and last names' initials, "MF" for the beginning, and 29 as a number I used from my Soccer Jersey's number. After the main moniker "MF29" was created, I created countless others over the years, but ultimately, MF29 was the main one.

Here's a list of them:

Cliinf
Stawd
teedsoft
Gryph
Black Johnson
Konnalyohm
Tirkmane
Mtirkmane
Side
Devia Eleven
Elostar
Movento

Last edited:

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dammit >_<

/neurotic rant
I'm of the opinion that language isn't static. Language is merely a means to communicate an idea. If everyone understands that the word table means a piece of wood that you put stuff on, well then that's a table. If everyone understands that the word ninjas means more than one ninja, then that's what the word means.

It's like that old saying "Ain't ain't a word." It may not be in the dictionary but it sure as hell is a word.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
.Slim// - Listened to Eminem
.Unknown// - Not sure :D
Sypher - Misspelled Cypher from The Matrix and decided to keep it.
SypherXChaos - I wanted to get a bigger e-penis so I added the XChaos to make it sound cool.
Dj^Swift - Tek made me change it
Lith - Name inspired from Lithium/Nirvana.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That explains a lot, Ness. I thought you'd played Earthbound though.

I did use Shinigami once upon a time but that was far too common.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this thread certainly has "bot"-provoking discussion...

;)

Best answers
Thought it was a spambot. I'm going to ban him
Quite easy to explain how this nickname came.
LORD-I took this one from Lord Frieza or Lord Coller from DBZ
MJ-initials of my real name Mario Jovanovic.

And Damaera you surly know how to recognize spam bots,I would never guess.
Did you accidently ban someone that wasnโ€™t a bot?

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I'm careful when it comes down to banning bots. :p

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[offtopic]

I'm of the opinion that language isn't static. Language is merely a means to communicate an idea. If everyone understands that the word table means a piece of wood that you put stuff on, well then that's a table. If everyone understands that the word ninjas means more than one ninja, then that's what the word means.

It's like that old saying "Ain't ain't a word." It may not be in the dictionary but it sure as hell is a word.
I know what you mean, but if you start saying 'look at those two sheeps', im going to look at you like youre a total smeghead. 'Ninjas' is just a pet hate of mine...Just because you got the point across isnt an excuse for not understanding your own language properly, but thats just my opinion and not a 'gospel truth'.

Language/s may not be static, but languages still have roots and systems. Some are similar and some arent. Understand them, and you can communicate across languages more effectively than making **** up and hoping for the best. You cant just bastardise another language into English then think youre a vital part of lingual evolution.

[/offtopic rant]

The Prodigy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Dammit >_<

/neurotic rant
We're not speaking another language though. Ninja is also english as well now, so we don't necessarily have to follow the japanese lack of grammatical number. "Ninjas" is even in the dictionary as plural.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[offtopic]

I know what you mean, but if you start saying 'look at those two sheeps', im going to look at you like youre a total smeghead. 'Ninjas' is just a pet hate of mine...Just because you got the point across isnt an excuse for not understanding your own language properly, but thats just my opinion and not a 'gospel truth'.

Language/s may not be static, but languages still have roots and systems. Some are similar and some arent. Understand them, and you can communicate across languages more effectively than making **** up and hoping for the best. You cant just bastardise another language into English then think youre a vital part of lingual evolution.
Actually, a lot of the words in the English language came from bastardizing other languages into English. There's a reason why English has by far more words than most (if not all) other languages: We steal words left and right. I'd argue that bastardization of the language was an important and vital step into making English the way it is today.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite easy to explain how this nickname came.
LORD-I took this one from Lord Frieza or Lord Coller from DBZ
MJ-initials of my real name Mario Jovanovic.

And Damaera you surly know how to recognize spam bots,I would never guess.
Did you accidently ban someone that wasnย’t a bot?
Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or Montenegrian?

Busy Busy Busy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine is going to be really hard to explain...

It was the mid 90's and I used to surf a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom