Why did you name yourself "that" nickname for forum?

DrRussia

D
For example, my nickname on forum is DrRussia because me doctor and I'm from Russia :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My nickname came to me when i made several accounts on other sites with spelling errors in the nickname (about 3-4 accounts) I didn't knew english well back then... So i desided to take a nickname eRRoR ^^ (Yep, i know it s a weird story)

*EDIT* I guess I still am a bad speller :D

Last edited:
Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pff. where dit it comefrom. UHhh. Started out as Mystic_saiyan back in the day (with my kid brother, Energy_saiyan).
Mystic_saiyan came from seeing Gohan in action in the series somewhere.

Then later on, as I moved on to other communities I thought that I would need something a bit more specific as there were (apparently) quite a few Mystic_Saiyan's around. So I started brain storming, anagramming, etc and eventually Mystacx came out. Which later transformed into MystacX which is why people call me Mystac all the time :p But Myst will do :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What can i say. Its my name. No nicks no nothing, Just my parents given name.

And im damnd proud of it :devil:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What can i say. Its my name. No nicks no nothing, Just my parents given name.

And im damnd proud of it :devil:
To be honest, never heard of a name Grega before ^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My nickname came to me when i made several accounts on other sites with spelling errors in the nickname (about 3-4 accounts) I didn't knew english well back then... So i desided to take a nickname eRRoR ^^ (Yep, i know it s a weard story)
You mispelled weird. :)

I was initially "the 2nd Son" as when I registered, I had no keyboard and merely copied the coolest phrase I could find from a text document.

I then became Dokutayuu due to my interest in the Japanese language and the desire to go online and never find someone with the same or a similar name to me. Dokuta- means doctor and Yuu means a variety of things involving advice or style.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My name came from the soccer player.

The reason I used this specific one is because I needed something catchy and short, which I won't forget. Using it for about 3-4 years in everything.

In case if it was already taken my alternative is either deco123 or decole.

Why won't you guys post your secondary/emergency(in case it was already taken by some bish) nicknames?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I only used this nick in this community. Back when I was the tender age of 14 and thought that you needed to fit the theme of the community, I foolishly adopted a DBZ-inspired name. I didn't want to rip a character's name directly from the series (as, even though the community was small at the time, there were still plenty of SSJ_Goku_insertnumber types posting). Instead, I decided to use a play on words, and thought of a word that rhymed with "Buu". Bingo-bango, I registered as Majin_You. 8 years later, I absolutely hate the name, but it's how people here know me.

That last point also explains why I registered as "Maj" in the NNK community. People know me by that shorthand, and the community is largely made up of people who also post here, so... yeah.

My usual nick these days is "Bobman", which would likely take a year and some change to explain. Suffice it to say that it's the brainchild of an inside joke between me and a friend. Bob is not my name (nor is it anything close to my name), but Bobman, nevertheless, is my preferred nick.

Best answers
Doom from the name giving Game and Sodan more or less because of the crazy KI in System Shock 1+2, named Shodan.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just find the chinese guy in the movie "Blade2" to be very cool.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine is based on a character from Naruto(he's real name).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My original name on the 'net was Hybrid. I don't remember why I picked that name, but whatever. When ESF 1.1 was out, I wanted to join the SL clan, but I wanted to join them as someone new and not already established within the ESF community. So I was at their forums on the register page trying to come up with a name and the banner on the forums said SubSeven (or maybe it was an ad? I don't really remember). For some reason I liked the name so I went with that. After a little while I changed my name to Subliminal which was shortly changed to Sublime which was finally shortened to Sub.

I don't think i'm going to be changing online names again.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kynetik is just a play with words of my name (Kyle) and my tag for my art, whether its music, paint, animation, or game.

Sometimes I shorten it to just KyNet, just because i like bad puns and the Terminator.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been using this name for quite some time (since at least 1997 I think). Karrde comes from Talon Karrde, a character I really liked from Timothy Zahn's Star Wars novels. KNR actually stands for Knights of the New Republic, and old Jedi Knight clan I used to be in from like 1998. Good times, really :) Damn, now I wanna do some JKII no force (aside from Jump) sabers matches :p

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Takumi from an anime and LFS - Live for speed, a racing simulator.

Easy, I dont really like this username neither but its just the way ppl know me :rolleyes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been using this name for quite some time (since at least 1997 I think). Karrde comes from Talon Karrde, a character I really liked from Timothy Zahn's Star Wars novels. KNR actually stands for Knights of the New Republic, and old Jedi Knight clan I used to be in from like 1998. Good times, really :) Damn, now I wanna do some JKII no force (aside from Jump) sabers matches :p
You've just convinced me to reinstall JK2 / 3. Bless you

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought it was a spambot. I'm going to ban him, but leave this thread here since it's actually quite interesting.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
madman it means what it means the 121 i just added

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom