who is the best band in the world?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iron Maiden just for the fact Bruce ****inson is 50 years old and sounds just as good as he did back in the day and still does huge metal venues all over the world!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_dckinson
Add an i after the d for d!ckinson
Awesome

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
deco said:
Somehow when I hear The Beatles, it sounds like the same love song all over again, pop music rhythm.

They got there good songs, but really, most of them are pop.

And yes I know pop is everything that is popular, by "pop" I mean love songs with slow, emotional rhythm.
I think you're refering to everything pre-1965, I'm refering to everything post 1965. Honestly, listen to Abbey Road and the White album, and you'll be amazed at the difference and variety. My favourite part of Abbey Road has got to be the long medley of songs towards the end. If you ever tried to play some beatles on the guitar or the piano, it's really quite hard.

It goes:
You never give me your money
Sun King
Mean mr.mustard
Polythene Pam
She came in through the bathroom window
~end of part one~
Golden Slumbers ~ (worst part :\)
Carry that weight
The End
~her majesty~

Part one:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GZz-2aKaYzA
Part two:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5i6kGO9ZnqQ

It's just so amazing how well they all tie into each other, and the way that carry that weight ties in so perfectly with You never give me your money. I also LOVE the changeover from Polythene Pam to She came in through the bathroom window. To me its ****ing musical excellence. I've not encountered such a feat of musical genius since, and I don't expect to anytime soon.

Then you have the likes of I am the walrus, A day in the Life, Strawberry fields, Revolution 9, etc, these kinds of songs deserve their own genre for how different they are.

Revolution 9 is incredibly avant guarde, even for todays society

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCJ9WmX9Zw

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never had much trouble playing beatles stuff on guitar...

Simon and Garfunkel though... that's another story.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well me mate who plays piano and guitar (he can prettymuch play anything too, he just has to hear a song and he can play along to it, he's awesome on open mic) said that they're pretty hard to play due to all the time and key changes in songs, when i used to play guitar I remember there are parts of the songs where it'd suddenly switch from 4 beats to 6 beats, then back to 4 beats, then to 12 beats and then back to 4 beats. I'm not talking about solo's on the guitar, I mean metal solo's are about 50x as hard but they aren't the same as an intricate melody and complex arangements.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I think you're refering to everything pre-1965, I'm refering to everything post 1965. Honestly, listen to Abbey Road and the White album, and you'll be amazed at the difference and variety. My favourite part of Abbey Road has got to be the long medley of songs towards the end. If you ever tried to play some beatles on the guitar or the piano, it's really quite hard.

It goes:
You never give me your money
Sun King
Mean mr.mustard
Polythene Pam
She came in through the bathroom window
~end of part one~
Golden Slumbers ~ (worst part :\)
Carry that weight
The End
~her majesty~

Part one:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GZz-2aKaYzA
Part two:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5i6kGO9ZnqQ

It's just so amazing how well they all tie into each other, and the way that carry that weight ties in so perfectly with You never give me your money. I also LOVE the changeover from Polythene Pam to She came in through the bathroom window. To me its ****ing musical excellence. I've not encountered such a feat of musical genius since, and I don't expect to anytime soon.

Then you have the likes of I am the walrus, A day in the Life, Strawberry fields, Revolution 9, etc, these kinds of songs deserve their own genre for how different they are.

Revolution 9 is incredibly avant guarde, even for todays society

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCJ9WmX9Zw
Yes I heard it before, now I have heared it again.

Even though it all connects well, 60% of the time I was bored, they lost me, then in some song they got me back, then lost me again.

Mostly they lost me. So what is so great when they lose their listener?

BTW if the Beatles influenced rock, imagine how Blues influenced rock and most rock styles. Blues is the Beatles core, and the Beatles is some how core of other artists, so the core of the most other artists is blues than the beatles.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I guess you've just got a different taste. I'm always interested through every second of it, I've been listening to this music for almost 15 years and I still listen to it with the same amazement. Btw, the beatles were influenced by rock and roll/rythmn and blues, the likes of chuck berry and elvis.

The point was that the Beatles broke down barriers and social taboo's, and had a cascading effect on mainstream culture. The subjects for their songs weren't the same old love songs or songs about life's hardships, which the majority of all previous popular music was written about/for, there was absurd stories, experiences, feelings, moods, political agendas, drug induced imagery, sarcastic songs, abstract sampling, backwards recordings, unusual instruments, orchestral scores, love songs, suicide songs, the list goes on. I'm not saying they were the only ones, I hold Bob Dylan in a similar regard as well as a number of other bands/artists at that time. Rock and roll started the change, but the Beatles finished it, they created new sounds that many bands took influence from and went their own way with, creating many new genre's along the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can't break many more tabboos than queen did.

openly *** singer, who was of persian/indian descent? in that decade?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was also a decade with a lot of spandex and sparkly clothes, it was only a matter of time D:

queen come 2nd btw :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i vote Beethoven for most influential musician evar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mozart was a noob compared to beethoven.

beethoven was deaf for christs sake!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Meh, I guess you've just got a different taste. I'm always interested through every second of it, I've been listening to this music for almost 15 years and I still listen to it with the same amazement. Btw, the beatles were influenced by rock and roll/rythmn and blues, the likes of chuck berry and elvis.

The point was that the Beatles broke down barriers and social taboo's, and had a cascading effect on mainstream culture. The subjects for their songs weren't the same old love songs or songs about life's hardships, which the majority of all previous popular music was written about/for, there was absurd stories, experiences, feelings, moods, political agendas, drug induced imagery, sarcastic songs, abstract sampling, backwards recordings, unusual instruments, orchestral scores, love songs, suicide songs, the list goes on. I'm not saying they were the only ones, I hold Bob Dylan in a similar regard as well as a number of other bands/artists at that time. Rock and roll started the change, but the Beatles finished it, they created new sounds that many bands took influence from and went their own way with, creating many new genre's along the way.
Yes, everybody tells me that, but no one gives actual example/proof for that they really did it.

Be the first one to give me a few(more than 3) in music genres and which social taboo's exactly they broke and to what they changed it?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
L'Arc~en~ciel.

Dune is all the reasoning I need.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must first understand different life was pre-Beatles/Dylan etc. In general, there were 2 things before the Beatles, mods and rockers, then came along the Beatles who started of with a mod image, and then transformed into the hippy image which gave birth to many alternative lifestyles which previously were looked down upon by society. We're talking about the most radically changing decade in recent history, in which the Beatles played a big part of, they weren't the only ones at the time, but they were certainly the most prominent. There's a huge jump between the transitions of what was acceptable and what wasn't between the 1950's and 1960's, values were questioned such as state religion and racism that hadn't been questioned for centuries, there was a huge relaxation of social etiquette.

The Beatles were the biggest band of the decade and the band that was always ahead of their times, say the Beatles had a new angle on one album, somebody like the kinks or the who, or the beach boys would be the next to follow them, most obvious comparison I can give you is between The Who's album "The who sell out" released in 1967, being much alike "Rubber soul"(1965) and "Revolver"(1966).

"Tommorrow Never Knows 1966" - A song about acid trips, "lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void, it is shining, it is shining" the void being a concept described by Timothy Leary a popular book writer about the drug, hallucinogenics weren't exactly acceptable then.
"Why dont we do it in the Road?" - a quite obvious taboo broken, this promoting their free love message
"I'm so tired" - Swearing in popular music was never done and remain acceptable before, "git" being much more taboo than it is today, since "bloody" was considered a swear word over here.
"The ballad of John and Yoko" a deliberate attack on the press and their coverage of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's relationship, also a clever reference to his "we're bigger than Jesus message" that he'd offended half the world with.
"Within You, Without You" - A introduction to a Hindu and Buddhist ideals, something that was quite alien to the western world at the time, also a powerful message within the song, and done in an indian classical music style.
"Taxman" - A direct attack at the state.
"A day in the Life" - a cynical tale of day to day life, which got banned in England for the line "went upstairs and had a smoke, and somebody spoke and I fell into a dream" rediculous I know, but it was apparently suggesting drug use.
"All you need is love" - Seen as an anthem for the free love movement that was a phenomenal change in culture.

There's many more

If you're looking for people influenced by the Beatles, the list is endless, many many musicians over the years will proclaim their respect of the Beatles, this is why many bands consider Abbey Road, the holy grail of recording studios. There's an endless list of people covering the Beatles, people cover them today, and it is still considered that nobody can ever successfully cover the Beatles.

just take a gander if your interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles'_influence_on_popular_culture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beethoven caused public rioting with his innovation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom