• Windows 98

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 95

• 3.1 is the phattest stuff out there!

• Screw windows! Linux is way better!

• Haha! PC users! someday MAC will rule the world!

• Hehe, how about dos, i like typing commands! =-)

• Total voters
Best answers
Theres been many opinions on the windows operatings systems. Some like XP. some prefer to stay with the old but defenently not un-popular 98. And some prefer the other Windows operating systems 2000,ME,NT, 95. Which windows do you prefer and why do you prefer it. :smile:

Another good question is, what do you think the new Windows longhorn will be like?

Best answers
Personally, i prefer windows 98. I think its the most stable version of windows there is. As for other windows Operating Systems. I think they have too many problems. If they dont have one problem, they always have the other. For example, Windows ME is pretty nice(Im using it right now) but i hate the fact that you cant shutdown into dos(I need to use dos sometimes). I've heard that windows XP is a bit more complicated. and i agree because my dad uses it and ive seen it. As for windows 2000, i heard it has a lack of compatible drivers. same with NT

Best answers
Don't double post, Use the edit button.. And I think Windows 2000 is best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted Win98se cause its really quite stable for me and very reliable.

Best answers
Windows Xp is the best i think, i find it easy to understan and it runs smooth and i havent had a problem with it yet.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have used 98se the most. And am most familiar with it. But now I have XP and I havent had a single problem with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find that XP is the best operating system out there. It runs faster than other OS, and i fave never had a problem with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows 98 is very good, I liked it for a long time, and also did not go to XP cus of that fact, but now im useing XP, and I like it alot.

Before anyone in this thread posts "Omg xp sucks!" Or something, It does not suck, for the main reason I have never had an issue with it, naw has hash it seems, so try saying something like "Omg xp does not work for me" Oo Just saying this since OS threads have allways turned to xp bashing in the past

Best answers
I think XP pwns, It increased my computer's speed when it comes to simple things such as surfing the internet, and loading webpages and simple windows, I find it to be a godsend. I pity those who've never experienced it, it makes things so easy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Windows XP on this computer, and Windows 98 on my old computer.
I prefer XP. As far as my experience with the two goes, XP crashes less often, and handles it better.
It manages its own memory, and it just looks better!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love XP, but my only beef with it is it's compatability with DOS programs, like Duke Nukem 3D... I managed to get it to run but with crappy sound problems....

But other than that, XP has only crashed on me two or three times in the entire time I've had it.

Best answers
I use Windows XP,and it works fine for me,other than when NS crashes,but it's upsides is that it loads very quickly

Before I used Windows 98SE and it also worked wonders,so it's up to you to choose

Right now I have Windows 2000 on 1 PC (non-gaming,too slow!!) and my PC has XP Home Edition (works wonders when it starts up,sadly I'm not the only one using my PC,so much for having my own things for once :/

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have had windows XP for about a month on my new computer, and it has not yet crashed on me. My old computer on Windows ME is bound to crash at least once a day...

IMO Windows XP > Windows Everything ELse

Best answers
I think windows xp, is the best. But depending on which version it is. I think the professional version is much better than the home version. The only problem i had with xp, is when i go into half life games, the screen comes in a little. But nothing is lost, more like widescreen :D

Best answers
I use xp , some times it's bugy but most of the time ir workes perfect. before xp i used w98 for it ,but m y computer is to new for w98 so i wound run on this machine :laff:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer win2k on a desktop but xp is just so much better for laptops.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the difference between the XP Professional and XP Home editions other than 100$ and more administrative tools?
Does it run better or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom