Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, Just buy more PC games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Im thinking of getting a console, which do you reccomend? Pls tell me why one is better than the other.

Best answers
again-_-.... well i'm not playing games on a console last weeks.. i'm mapping but just do what YOU think which is good for ya:]

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_>

I just don't get why people make threads like this when they know that console wars almost always result in flaming.

Ok, let me make 1 thing PAINFULLY clear before you guys post: You are not here to convince each other that your opinions are correct. Post your opinion and be done with it - no personal attacks, no chides, and no flames. If there are any of those, and I apologize to SSFT in advance, I will close this thread, no questions asked. Post your opinion, and that will be that. This is a poll, not a debate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Scared*

Ga..aaa..me...c...ube

*Backs away slowly*

Best answers
I've always preferred the Playstations, PS2 is a great console, although not the best graphically, it has an awesome range of game genres and has always been the most popular. It's outsold both the Gamecube and Xbox put together, just by it's existing fanbase. You won't get another console with such a wide variety of games like the Playstation for a long time.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I have all 3 consoles, and I personally like the X-Box Best

Best answers
Pc > *

Why? you can upgrade without having too buy a "2" or "3" version of the thing. I mean, consoles are like macs WITH games WITHOUT OS o_O Wtf is that good for?

BUT too go with the flow. I like the PS2 best so far. I had a NGC and it was collecting mad dust -_- Then i got meh PS2 about half a month ago and i can say that i've had more fun with my PS2 games (FFX, Kingdom Hearts) then i EVER had with my NGC. So bleh.

Best answers
Wooo! More hopeless debates about whether or not GameCube is a kiddish system! ALRIGHT!

Anyway, why don't you do a nice little Google search, learn the specs of each console, eye out some games that you might like from each one, then go from there.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Majin_You said:
>_>

I just don't get why people make threads like this when they know that console wars almost always result in flaming.

Ok, let me make 1 thing PAINFULLY clear before you guys post: You are not here to convince each other that your opinions are correct. Post your opinion and be done with it - no personal attacks, no chides, and no flames. If there are any of those, and I apologize to SSFT in advance, I will close this thread, no questions asked. Post your opinion, and that will be that. This is a poll, not a debate.

Just close it now, I have obviously made a mistake in starting this. Yes, there are enough console related threads, I don't know what I was thinking, ill just read the others and make my decision based on those.

Anyway, why don't you do a nice little Google search, learn the specs of each console, eye out some games that you might like from each one, then go from there.
Because specs are greek to me, and game boxes are very deceptive.

Best answers
That's why I said eye out some games you think may look fun, check xbox.com, gamecube.com and playstation.com and check out some games, look at the trailers.

Best answers
Honestly? Id say if you can just wait for a around a year or so and get a PS3 / Xbox2. If you must get one now, I'd say get a PS2. The graphics are good (Xbox people dont flame me, you have to admit that PS2 graphics arent bad. Sure Xbox may be better, but ps2 are still good and can be made into amazing when in the right hands.) the controller is better imo, the system doesnt take up a whole lot of space and there is a very big variety of games.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Well Xbox probably has the best hardware out of all of them. Most of the games that go on Xbox are ported to PC. You'd only get this one if you like to play Microsoft games first, like Halo 2.

That aside, PS2 and Gamecube. PS2 has a lot of good titles for it, and it only. If you like role playing games, and certain games that are playstation like, go for it.

Gamecube is almost in the same boat, only their titles are usually for a younger audiance, a lot of multiplayer things, plus i think it's the cheapest out of the 3 to get.

Green Dragon

G
Out of all the consoles I've had..( and I've had them all) I had the most fun with PS2. XBOX would come in a close second. Gamecube was nice...just not enough intresting games to hook me. I gave that to my younger brother. But right now I don't know if I would suggest even buying any console right now. Whatever console you get..you probably end up wanting the other ones anyway. It's human nature to want what we don't have...:)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Buy whatever one has the largest variety of games in the genres you prefer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GCN fan, no one can change that.

And i use My PC for first person shooters.

Best answers
PS2 Straight up. It gets all the games, and has the best controller.

XBox - Meh, gets certain games a bit later. Controller cramps your hand just like the Dreamcast one
GAME CUBE - Sucks, all the kiddy games. Zelda windwaker was a peice of crap embarrassment. New zelda will own though, might get gc just for that :]. Controller is way to small.. and the c stick sucks the big one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xbox:
-les games
-starts second fast
-gampad is big, good for big hands
-hard disk(to be presice: 5.000.000 blocks)
-best cfx
-play's also dvd

ps2:
-slowest with starting
-mutch games
-little gamepad
-can also play dvd
-memory card(8mb)
-flat disigne

gamecube:
-little box
-the cd's are little
-can not play dvd
-menium game choise
-menium gamepad
-game choise for the fun boy

thats about it, i'll just say that it doesn't mather what console is better.
if you like a game then by the console that is for the game, i did that because of dead or alive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buy the console for the games. That'd be your best choice.
Do as Tassadar suggested, and check out each website and see which has the best games to suit you.

Theres great exclusives for every console (the new GTA and Ace Combat 4 for PS2 - Halo 2, Halflife 2 and Doom 3 for x-box and top class games such as the mario and zelda series on the gamecube.
Its all really which type of games you prefer. Maybe if you tell us, we could help you from there (since i have all 3 consoles too, i might be able to help :p) :)

Best answers
you're right niobe...
anyway if you wanna know what my favorite is .... it's : gamecube:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom