where would the world be without technology?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf_Newbie said:
What are you trying to say here? Humans were using tools long before the first homo sapien was born. In fact, Homo Habilis(first true human) were the very first tool makers. This was the start of the stone age and the start of man creating weapons to defend themselfs from sabre-toothed tigers/cave lions whatever... Without this ability none of us would be here. Techonolgy or rather our ability to create and use it=our savour.

Sucky movie, sucky quote and extremely flawed.
As I said, go back far enough in time, you will find what we as Humans were, then, with no technology. We developed it on the way. I believe my direct words were, "Humans started out as an evolved form of chimps, with no technology."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There would be no war if there was no science, no religion, no technology what so ever. Without the advanced medical science we have, we would die of diseases easily(until we evolve a bit more). I can guess about 1 million people would be alive if we did not have it. BUT if we didn't have brains, we would have a lot of brawns or some kind of special ability that none of the other animals have.

Best answers
oh man i'd be so pissed off... my stereo just broke so i got no more sound on my tv. so boring.. *yawn*

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GaZeeBo said:
oh man i'd be so pissed off... my stereo just broke so i got no more sound on my tv. so boring.. *yawn*
Thats nice Gazeebo, but try to post something more relevant to the topic next time, ok?:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
There would be no war if there was no science, no religion, no technology what so ever.
That's not true. Like I said in my last post, technology itself is not the reason conflict exists in humans. Conflict is a natural result of the way we think and behave. Sure, you could say that a spear-equipped Greek phalanx or an armored Roman century isn't going to be as lethal as a 20,000 lbs. bomb, but that's because of the flow of time and rate of advancements.

To put an example to your quote, let's say there is no technology whatsoever. Most vision this as a time where humans were tribal creatures that travel in packs, thrive in caves, and live as hunter-gatherers. But, there's something wrong even with that. Is the creation of a standard language not technology? Without a standards of communication, these humans frustratingly wouldn't even be able to express the simplest of meanings to one another.

That point aside, what happens when the food supply in a certain area declines, and the local tribe of humans migrates to a new location? If they find another group of humans there who are unwilling to share the resources, that would certainly be a conflict.

I could list countless examples, but the process has already been roughly summarized. By nature of ourselves, our environment, or a combination of both, conflicts occur. It's as natural as life and death.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that if right this second we no longer had any technology. We probably would have a small chance of survival. We would have some things. Such as cloths weapons etc. I think eventually if someone didn't do something, we would die out. But if humans evolved with out inventing things such as weapons bows arrows, swords, huts/ houses. (lets include very primitive huts) then i beleive we would adapt to a way of living, and get stronger, taller. We would evolve to adapt to our enviornment.

But think of us living in the wild knowing about computers, guns, all this technology, yet not having it. Then for survival, fight an ape, or a tiger, a bear, guess who would win. Also if humans had nothing but their fists, hands, arms, legs to survive and hunt, We would have to travel in packs like wolves do. And even then taking down a bear or a large strong animal would be hard. To eat them, creating fire would he difficult, there would be no gas, no flamible substance, no chopping down wood, no matches, no lighters. It wuold be difficult. But that's my belief

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
As I said, go back far enough in time, you will find what we as Humans were, then, with no technology. We developed it on the way. I believe my direct words were, "Humans started out as an evolved form of chimps, with no technology."
No-one said that that is wrong. You are stating the obvious. The point is that what if man had never invented even the most primary tools? He would be extinct. Because human's strength is his brain. Not his physical power, or 6th sense, or poisonous teeth or physical disguise or so many countless things other animals and plants have.
Technology is the one thing that keeps us alive. Because of Technology humans are the dominant species. Imagine a rhino without his bone nose, a shark without teeth, a deer without horns e.c.t.. Its the same as Technology-Man. We wont survive long without it.

Best answers
Uhm, where would we be? We would be where humans were before they first started using technology... and since im no history fanatic I wouldnt know exactly how living like that would be like.

However if we right now lost all the technology or whatever, I think that we'd be forced to get off our lazy asses and take part in **** thats relative to us and the world around us. I actually also think it would bring together a lot of people, since wed need eachother to survive.

It would also force us to become more fit and athletic... it actually would give us a better lifestyle i think, maybe not at the beginning but as life will go on.

Id miss my music though...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
No-one said that that is wrong. You are stating the obvious. The point is that what if man had never invented even the most primary tools? He would be extinct. Because human's strength is his brain. Not his physical power, or 6th sense, or poisonous teeth or physical disguise or so many countless things other animals and plants have.
Technology is the one thing that keeps us alive. Because of Technology humans are the dominant species. Imagine a rhino without his bone nose, a shark without teeth, a deer without horns e.c.t.. Its the same as Technology-Man. We wont survive long without it.
It wasn't obvious to everyone, which is why I said it. Someone said "Humans without technology=extinction." Humans evolved from something that had no technology. Could Humans as they are now, and in the population currently existing exist without technology? No. Without the technology of cultivating food, storing and transporting food, our society would utterly collapse, back into the numbers that can be supported by gathering nuts/berries/plants/etc, Humanity would not be the dominant force on the planet, because we'd have no tools to defend ourselves, nor real shelter to protect ourselves from nature.

But, yes, IsrAlien got it 100%, 100%, 100 right!

IsrAlien said:
We would be where humans were before they first started using technology... and since im no history fanatic I wouldnt know exactly how living like that would be like.
:yes: :yes: :yes: Yes! 100% correct.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
without the technoligy means also no guns, no cars, no trains, but the inportant thing is then no cure for some deseaces.
it would be way better in one way but there will be more sick peaple around the world then there is today.
but you would be stronger, becours thee is no pc or other things that does the work for you.
if i had a choise then i would chose no technoligy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
technology... as in metalic machine kinda stuff? who needs it.. the world would be a better place without it anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All weapons are inventions of technology, swords, spears, axes, you name it. They had to use some technology to make them all, blacksmithing =) And I said that without all 3 there would be no war, not simply remove technology and all will be well..

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
if i had a choise then i would chose no technoligy.
Then with your choice, millions would die. We wouldn't be able to grow/harvest food at the rate we do now. And millions would starve based on that alone. Then you have to take into account disease that would wipe out even more. Now you bring epidemics back into play. The plague, smallpox, etc etc... We would not be better without technology. The burder definately outweighs the benefits, so I don't think I understand your choice.

niobe said:
but you would be stronger, becours thee is no pc or other things that does the work for you.
That ain't gonna help you in the least if you get sick or can't find food.

We (todays society) have become too dependent on technology to live without it. I don't think we would go extinct, but it would definately be a survival of the fittest to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom