When should I buy a computer?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
All of the core processors over clock well, But something you don't want to do after you have a brand new spanking' system is over clock, Over clocking is known to shorten the life span of a system.
And who cares if it is Cross-fire ready? If he only has 1 Nvidia card, its still GOING to work. He just has the ability in the future, If he so desires to have Dual Radeons.
So Its either a basic board without crossfire or with, Both run 1 card fine, But you have the extra feature of dual Radeons in the future.

Best answers
All of the core processors over clock well, But something you don't want to do after you have a brand new spanking' system is over clock, Over clocking is known to shorten the life span of a system.
And who cares if it is Cross-fire ready? If he only has 1 Nvidia card, its still GOING to work. He just has the ability in the future, If he so desires to have Dual Radeons.
So Its either a basic board without crossfire or with, Both run 1 card fine, But you have the extra feature of dual Radeons in the future.
I'm not that intrested in crossfire.....I'm more of a SLI guy....

Best answers
Pemalite said:
Barney's_Soul said:
I'm not that intrested in crossfire.....I'm more of a SLI guy....
Pwned.
Barney's_Soul said:
Okay thanks, but once Vista and next-gen games come out, would a E600 processor last a lot longer without needing an upgrade then the E400?
Haha, you'll be fine with the E6400. The E6600 will keep up a bit longer, but as frsrblch said: "I've heard the E6400 overclocks well." If you really want the E6600, go ahead and get it! It's your money.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Get a Mobo with SLI Then? ;) I'm still waiting for the day someone releases a SLI and Crossfire compatible board, with some kind of switch.

"kay thanks, but once Vista and next-gen games come out, would a E600 processor last a lot longer without needing an upgrade then the E400?"
I still have an Athlon XP 3000+ Which the Core processors from Intel leave in the toilet, I have managed to run things from Oblivion, Windows Vista Beta, And anything else I can throw at it.
Basically I got the 3000+ And Upgraded everything else from there.
It originally came with 256Mb DDR Ram, Which I upgraded to 1gb (Soon 2gb).
A Geforce 4 MX420 (EWWW!) Which I Upgraded to a Radeon 9200SE, Radeon 9550 @ 9600XT Speeds, Then Geforce 7 7600GS AGP.

So the answer to that is yes :)
Oh! I also got a Pentium 3 667 @ 733 to run farCry at max detail settings :)
(Min sys requirements is a 1.4ghz processor).

Still, The Pentium 3 would not run Doom 3 well, Seems as though Doom 3 needed allot more from the processor than FarCry did.

Any Core Processors from Intel should last for a few years yet, And another benefit is they are damn excellent over clockers.

Basically, get the best that YOU can afford, As there is always something waiting around the corner.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The only question you could ask yourself, Is the few mhz and 2MB cache worth the 100 bucks?

If you are trying to keep it low cost, dont, if you really dont care if you spend 100 bucks extra or less, go for it.

The E6400 and E6600(Both not oced) will both fase out in about the same year. So it's 100 bucks for a few extra months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom