• Mosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romance(yuck)

• Saddness(aka Squarsoft games hehe)

• Total voters
Best answers
Whats your favorite thing in a rpg... mine would be inside jokes.

(I said aka Square Soft games because some one always dies,is a traiter,or gets pozesed making the story sad like at the end of ffX)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine would be:
a)The Story (this makes or breaks an RPG for me. I don't care if the graphics were so realistic that you couldn't tell the difference between your best friend and the main character, the story would have to be just as good)
b)Replay value (I love RPG's that make me wanna come back and play them again, because they usually have the best stories, characters, etc.)
c)Comedy (I love it when there is trifling little insults between characters, or very witty comments made, it adds to the story in a sense that it helps the players relate to characters.)

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin_You
Mine would be:
a)The Story (this makes or breaks an RPG for me. I don't care if the graphics were so realistic that you couldn't tell the difference between your best friend and the main character, the story would have to be just as good)
b)Replay value (I love RPG's that make me wanna come back and play them again, because they usually have the best stories, characters, etc.)
c)Comedy (I love it when there is trifling little insults between characters, or very witty comments made, it adds to the story in a sense that it helps the players relate to characters.)
Majin_You, you know what I like :). Story is #1 for me, then character development/interaction, then everything else except visuals.

Best answers
The story (like people said b4) is the most important thing for me ... (i more like a good story with bad graphic than the contrary ...)
I think the adventure would come in the 2nd place for me ...

Best answers
ahaha mabye i should have mentioned WHAT KIND of story hehehe not what kind of rpg

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a big fan of pen and paper RPGs, they are infinately flexible and open ended, as well as never ending. Video Game RPGs simply can't compete. That being said, I always prefer a good plot and some decent character development.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its ASquare-Enix not Sqaure soft btw. And I like in order:

Plot,Charatcers,Graphics,controlls.

The graphics don't have to be fantastic but no matter how much I try to enjoy a game on nes with crappy graphics I just can't.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the plot, and then the playability. If the story is superb, then the playabilty does not matter too much.

But i really like the feeling when I give a boss the smack down, which gives me enough exp to level up and learn that incredible technique and also gives me enough gold to buy that super weapon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted sadness, because that usually ties in with a good story. I think atmosphere needs to be there. Look at bg2, you have excellant ambience and atmosphere because of the pre-rendered backgrounmds (which look awesome).

Sound is a big point too.

Best answers
OH heres my list

1. Story
2. combat system
3. Replay value-High (like FF7)
4. Characters
5. Visuals i think visual are really important. dunno why i jus do lol

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
I'm a big fan of pen and paper RPGs, they are infinately flexible and open ended, as well as never ending. Video Game RPGs simply can't compete. That being said, I always prefer a good plot and some decent character development.
I prefer a good game of D&D, though it is hard where I live to come up with a "good" DM. :cry: Only thing I don't like about D&D is that combat always seems to take over, or should I say take the longest part of most adventures.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Krillin
I prefer a good game of D&D, though it is hard where I live to come up with a "good" DM. :cry: Only thing I don't like about D&D is that combat always seems to take over, or should I say take the longest part of most adventures.
When you play as long as I have, most players and DMs are like well oiled machines, though my eternal rage compatriots are a bit slow at times :p

Combat can be fun, as long as the number of monsters is kept below small riot levels.

Best answers
duh.... slow? who did spare that O_O? i mean speak.....

a good story will always hook me, to the point i have to know what happenes next, like a good book. Cool graphics are nice too, but i love a complex make-me-work-for-hours-to-edit-my-character-just-so-i-can-do-+5-more-damage system ^_^

pen and paper dnd is all that, and more!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
That being said, I always prefer a good plot and some decent character development.
Damn straight! :cool:

I hope "pen and paper RPG" doesn't mean what I think it means though :scared:

My favourite RPG is (and always will be :p ) Diablo 2.
There isn't a single game on the planet that I've played longer than D2. It pwnz j00 :smile:

Btw, I think the poll is missing some options o_o

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dungeons and Dragons my freind, played at a table, with the ultimate graphics card. The human Brain.

Best answers
2nd Edition Star Wars used to be really cool Cuc, instead of a D20 game it was based on D6. There were no hit points, if you were dealt more than 15 points of damage at anytime you were killed. Most laser based weapons dealt any where from 3D-6D damage. Thing is when you got shot though you got to roll your str score to resist the damage.

Most str scores were 3D on average depending on how you made your character. You didn't get a number of attacks per round depending on your level, you got a number of attacks depending on how many times you wanted to shoot. However every shot beyond the first shot you would get a cumulative -1D penalty on all hit rolls. I don't know I just liked the system a little better than D&D’s, it seemed a little less restrictive.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D20 is alot cleaner than old D&D. I didn't like 1st and 2nd ed D&D all that much after playing Champions and other RPGs. WEG's star wars is now converted to D20. The new system really made the game shine IMO.

Best answers
why is romance Yuck? its actually nice once in a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom