Whats with the outline?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an old picture, but for a while there were outlines that you could enable. I think there was a news post for it a while ago, or a POTW with a little more information about it. I don't know if they're still in ESF, though.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
huh no kidding. I cant decide if I like the outlines better or not. I suppose it could help if an enemy is far away they will look a small bit darker therefore easier to see in a bright map environment. Other than the giant gash across the foreground, its a cool pic.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Outlines might be in Final, as an optional feature

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To get that cel shaded look.

--- edit ---

The quick posts are broken :(

RBE

Best answers
The gash is part of the death ball FX.

I see some floating rocks in the background too. Doing these moves are going to be awesome one the ground.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well it gives the models a cartoonish look which I think is awesome ;) LIke the animated Batman costume from Batman AC

--- edit ---

Well it gives the models a cartoonish look which I think is awesome ;) LIke the animated Batman costume from Batman AC

Best answers
These outlines are great. They should be in final. But the original version, that is in videos, is pretty better:D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Those just suck, they look really bad.

--- edit ---

Those just suck, they look really bad.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers

--- edit ---

But that costume didn't have cell-shading or outlines. Just plain/simple textures, it delivered on the cartoony-look however. It would be a great option for ESF to have outlines and cell-shading as a togle-able option

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom