Whats the Deal with BID and that other HL DBZ mod?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
xmen movie was good

spiderman movie was good

the dbz movie will be good

if u "dont like it cos its not anime" just **** off and die cos it will be a good movie:S
word you tell em tepus

Best answers
Originally posted by MR GUMP!!

If esf gets into a pickle they could just explain how all the names of the characters and moves are generic. Those names have been used before of course, funi was not the first, so they have no ground on the esf team about that.
BAHAHAHAHA Don't make me laugh, thats like saying I could start a softdrink company called Coca-Cola just because its a commonly used name. Pfft good luck.

BTW just so everyone knows I'll explain what Funi owns copyright on. All visuals eg. What all the characters look like, What the Dragon Balls look like etc..... All the names including anything that resembles it eg. alternate spelling (because they can arguee it is too similar) All the vocies and sounds. They own all the concepts eg. SSJ etc.... They own pretty much everything of DBZ. Look its a Million Dollar Corp. I think they can out smart some teenagers with Millon Dollar Lawyers atleast so I wouldnt press ya luck if Funi come a knocking.

Best answers
Um, hello?? Funi knows about us I read, so why keep bringing this up? If they had wanted to shut us down, they would have done so a long time ago. But they haven't yet, so let's all count our blessings and hope they don't have a change of heart :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Mickels

BAHAHAHAHA Don't make me laugh, thats like saying I could start a softdrink company called Coca-Cola just because its a commonly used name. Pfft good luck.

BTW just so everyone knows I'll explain what Funi owns copyright on. All visuals eg. What all the characters look like, What the Dragon Balls look like etc..... All the names including anything that resembles it eg. alternate spelling (because they can arguee it is too similar) All the vocies and sounds. They own all the concepts eg. SSJ etc.... They own pretty much everything of DBZ. Look its a Million Dollar Corp. I think they can out smart some teenagers with Millon Dollar Lawyers atleast so I wouldnt press ya luck if Funi come a knocking.
AAAAAGH He's a spy for funi
*gets a torch and pitchfork *

errr Funi probally just doesn't give a damn about esf.... If anything they should be thanking them for PROMOTING Dbz...

I'm Kent brockman.. and thats... my two cents

Best answers
i don't think this is promoting dbz cuz everyone here had to know about and watch it to even have a disire to look for a mod.

Best answers
DMZ the other dbz hl mod now has 5 good guys and 5 bad guys

good guys :]
goku -ssjgoku
piccolo
trunks -ssjtrunks
gohan -ssjgohan
krillen

bad guys ;(
buu
friza
cell -cell 2nd form
vegeta -ssjvegeta
brolly

i like it:)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can't u just take all the protected names out gok=gokuw vegeta=vegetaw dbz=dbe something like it and just say that the models aren't based on anything that is owned by funi, they just look alike but not on purpose, possible>?

Best answers
wouldn't work they would say the names are to similar and images of chars to much alike and force a change but like some others said funi knows about esf most likely and don't give a flying rats arse

Best answers
As long as the esf team doesnt try to sell esf, funimation wouldnt care probaly. Thats why they have lasted so long. Then you say what about the other mods that got shut down by funimation. Truthfuly, I think they said that bs so they made it look like they just didnt give up and quit, just covering up their true intentions.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
all trademarks must be atleast 10% different from wat sum1 told me..i think it was my teacher wen we were talkin bout copyright laws and stuff.......just make gameplay dbz like... and then change models.... :p......and custom things that change it into a dbz mod....if that happens that is... but i dun think it will... y dun esf do that thing like dmz did..... like that warning....

Best answers
so bfp had drop the name and every thing didnt they put the dbz trade mark thingy

Best answers
Hey Shalashaska please make ur sig smaller
:S

And this mod shows more promise than any other dbz mods or any mod for that matter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this shows the most promsis for a dbz mod, incudeing the ones on Q3, but the best and most promsising mod on hl would be ns

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by alexss
DMZ the other dbz hl mod now has 5 good guys and 5 bad guys

good guys :]
goku -ssjgoku
piccolo
trunks -ssjtrunks
gohan -ssjgohan
krillen

bad guys ;(
buu
friza
cell -cell 2nd form
vegeta -ssjvegeta
brolly

i like it:)
OMG!!!!!!!!!! thats *** i would sooooooooo hate it if it was like that, and i totally agree with tepus this mod shows far more promise than ANY other DBZ mod

Best answers
No I disagree this mod shows a lot of potential but the potential ends when you hit the HL engine limits. The Quake 3 engine limits are way higher http://www.dragonballquake.com/ go here this mod has a lot more potential then this mod but this mod is fun to play too. Im just saying its not the best mod out there. And also this mod http://sos.fpsmods.com/ Has a lot of potential.For a half life mod im totaly suprised, this mod is a lot more fun then BFP(Any version of bfp) even in the Alpha stage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wrong, this has already been discussed and the HL engine isnt that limiting, i hope errrrm can rem which member it was may have been joe........... but anyway its not as limiting as you think

Best answers
Thats right, because its been modified. Not just the game, but the engine it uses is modified too. So I guess you could say ESF is using its own engine at this point. They've managed to code in some impressive effects that you won't see in ANY other Halflife mod. Plus the gameplay has changed so much, once in the game you can barely tell what engine its using. :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Shalashaska
I remeber hearing on G4tv and before that i think on Planetquake, the owners of the DBZ licence, Funanimation or sumthin, shut down the BID mod because it was like DBZ too much, i dont think they were going to sell it, and then the other DBZ mod for halflife (Personally i dont like it, too small with only 3 bad guys, and 3 good guys) has some disclaimer against the people who own the DBZ rights and who shut down the BID mod?

But ive never heard of any problems with the ESF mod, i mean there are tons of other mods based on something, and i never see them getting into trouble (examples are the SG1 mod for Flashpoint, that planned Black Hawk down mod for Halflife, the Evangelion mod for Flashpoint in the works, and the countless BHD mods, levels and addons for Flashpoint) they never get in trouble with the owners of the rights to what there based on, so is this just some isolated event of Funanimation (Or sumthin) not wanting any mods?

Oh crap i posted this in the wrong Forum part.

GUY THAT SIG IS TOOOOO FRIGGIN BIG!!!!!
:shocked:

Best answers
Originally posted by phrack50
Thats right, because its been modified. Not just the game, but the engine it uses is modified too. So I guess you could say ESF is using its own engine at this point. They've managed to code in some impressive effects that you won't see in ANY other Halflife mod. Plus the gameplay has changed so much, once in the game you can barely tell what engine its using. :)
I think now 25% of the code is HL...the other 75% is all harS :) oh, uh...yea, some Joe and Vegetto too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom