Whats the best way to improve skills at ESF?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well what do you think? I'm totally useless at it so I wanna get a lil better. Bots or play on servers or what?

Offer your tips here ^^;

Best answers
Just play alot and try to use like krillin for beaming. Take a chars weak spot and play with it so you can inprove its power. Then when you play with Goku (who has strong beam power) you can do that with the stuff you learned from playing with krillin.

Best answers
what other poeple and learn. I learned a few nasty tricks after seeing pcjoe play ^_^
also, remember some poeple have the reflexes and state of mind for games, others don't. I easily get confused of where someone is or what direction i'm facing if i have to turn around quickly to face them :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. My biggest suggestion would be to just watch other people play. When you get into a melee battle try to guess what moves your opponent will make next and learn from your mistakes. Most people follow a pretty set pattern of moves, so if you can figure out where they'll end up after swooping at you, you can usually come down on the top of their head.

Best answers
indeed as they said watch your opponents movement and learn form them.. try them ur self... like trail and error...

but most important practise...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to make the powerstruggles last as long as long as they can, if neccesary try beam from the ground so you won't loose much ki. If you have kamehameha vs mouthblast, and let it last let's say a minute then your power can increase with 100-300 %. Remember this is just an example. You can do the same with blockstruggle btw just aim it back at the opponent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic, its my opinion that gut reactions are still more effective than "studying" an opponent. I try to be spontaneous, and I assume my enemy is as well, so there is no real reason to "study" them for X amount of time. I mean, sure, you can get a feel for what they counter with. But there is no definite mathematical formula for what they will do, nor am I Miss Cleo. Fast reaction time and common sense, along with a general knowledge of the game are the best tools.

Best answers
Try teleporting to catch them off guard, and if you hear the swooping sound of melee on your pc just teleport =)
Before locking on for melee hold block to prevent yourself from being knocked flying.
Powerstruggle if you can, the pl is rewarding. Blockstruggle too, sometimes you can knock there own beams back at them
:]

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed with what Sonic said..... apart from that, if you want to get good "faster", play more with people who are better than you.

Best answers
Oh, and even if you think you are better than your opponent (unless its blatently odvious) dont underestimate them, be brutal and ruthless. A nice trick is to play easy on an opponent, so he takes you for a joker, and using easy but effective tactics wear him down till he dies, and just if you want to you can always just play your ultimate and see how they deal with you.

Oh yah, and play alot, on lan, with good ppl, you will be good in no time flat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot to mention, im on 56k and ping around 350 - 700.

So basically I can'tplay online very well :x

Best answers
hmm the current beta would be hard for you to melee then.
you should try 1 on 1 matchs if you can, my friend only got the game yesterday and i gave him some time versing me , now he can beat the noobs that were whooping him!
You could also try join a beams only server where no melee is used and you might do better.

Best answers
Well to get better at ESF all you have to do is ONE thing and that is PLAY A LOT if you do that along the lines you will pick up skill and become better..... cant just get better by some one telling you how to play you have to learn all that your self... going by some one elses style or what ever they use is just stupid you should find your own and work out everything you can to the point where you like it.....

~{ape}~SSJPanther

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well aisha.. i suggest u still play online. :)
if u learn to be good playing net games.. then ull be godly when ur cable comes.. or ull just still be godly while playing with 300+ ping. :D

*wait a tick... u are already good! o_O .. or is it that u havent been playing?

Best answers
Play play play...thats all that can be said.

And if you just wanna make yourself feel better play on another persons server with a high ping, then make your own server where you have host ping. Quite the difference i say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom