What video card do you have?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SLI it and it won't feel as outdated (except against SLI'd up-to-date GPUs). I'd still pick a single 970 over 980/Titan X/980 Ti due to ridiculous price difference and not as ridiculous performance difference.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i have a GTX580 and i use DSR to game in 2K and 4K with ESF

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ax550 Extreme 256mb
Though it died, does it still count? I dont have another one xD

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Upgrade to a gtx970 a while ago. So no more new features, only improvements :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Upgrade to a gtx970 a while ago. So no more new features, only improvements :p
Any stutters yet? 970 has that kinda issue since they got 3.5GB of memory, and 0.5GB of slow speed memory

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Nope, none at all. Havn't had a game yet wich used more than 3gb of Vram and imo , a game wich uses 3.5gb+ Vram is just badly coded(bad distance streaming, ridiculous texture resolution and so on)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nope, none at all. Havn't had a game yet wich used more than 3gb of Vram and imo , a game wich uses 3.5gb+ Vram is just badly coded(bad distance streaming, ridiculous texture resolution and so on)
Naw, multiple monitors use a lot of vram, 4k gaming also, not to mention a lot more things, and biggest issue, 970 doesnt quite support dx12, which started already, and will take over all games in next year or two, i would have picked 290x or 390 over 970, cheaper, faster, and has full dx12 support, including asynchronous shaders :)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Uhm it does support dx12 , 290x and 390x(wich is 290 just with another name) doesn't :D also i don't do 4k gaming(you would need a titan anyways for that) Multiple Monitors itself doesn't add to vram, it's the increased resolution a game uses wich does.
And btw shaders are by nature async :p
But feel free to correct me with some sources(got to many myself to post here)
ATI's only true dx12 card is the fury and for that price i would go for a 980ti
Edit :
Well it might be that gtx9xx series nor the Fury support the full dx12 feature set. But then again it depends on the features. Many features from DX11 and 10 arn't even used or there are workarounds for it.
Also keep in mind that some stuff, like sparse volume textures(dx12 feature) are nice, but not useable in a real game environment.

On a sidenote, main advantage of dx12 is way less cpu overhead. Atm there is often a stuggle between processing stuff on the cpu fast enought and also submitting rendercommads to the gpu fast enough and not waiting for the GPU to finish rendering the frame.

in DX11 and OpenGL 4.5 it might be that around 30%-40% of the cpu's workload is the driver itself. DX12, mantle and vulkan reduce that workload a lot and means you have more controll over the GPU itself.
So it's more an API thing that pure HW

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[h=1]XFX Radeon R9 390 DD Edition Graphics Card 8 GB, GDDR5[/h]

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Just switched to a GTX 960 OC from Gigabyte. Runs like a dream, so cool and silent.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
A delicious little MSI GTX 780 Ti. I'm upgrading this summer. The new NVIDIA line looks like an actual upgrade. Hoping it'll be here Q1 or Q2
Don't get a 980. For the price you can get 2x970s and have a lot more gain. I wonder how Oculus is going to handle SLI/XFire.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
upgraded from my gtx580 to a gtx960 ... nice performance gain , and plays all that i play on max settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom