what the hell? common britain.....

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just watching the news, and something came up in which made me doubt this countries sanity. They're proposing on having to pay £1.50 a mile to drive on the roads in this country, not only that we already get roadtax, and we have to pay extortionate prices for fuel. This is to cut congestion by half and give a major boost to the economy, however, if uve been to britain, no doubt u'll have seen the lorries on the road, and cars that go up and down the country, people going about their jobs in this country means they have to travel hundreds of miles, how the hell would that work? fancy goin on holiday to wales or scotland? it'll be cheaper to catch a plane to australia. i dunno, this country is going insane, i swear, if this happens im leavin, im gonna find an island somewhere and live on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all got road tax and have to pay to drive a mile? Man that sucks, big time. I just hope that Britain doesnt give Bush any ideas before he finishes his presidency.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i fell ur pain with gas price, i pay like 2.45 a gallon (dont know what that means in euro). But i got lucy and drive a comercial truck (my f-150 with work lettering on it) and anything that is work related and tax deductable :)() so in a sence i pay nothing for gas.

Best answers
Wow that really blows, it's like they don't want you to drive. Hopefully nothing like that happens in America. How would they keep track? Is there a teller/booth at every mile?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, he means it would practicly be 1.50 a mile.

Yeah the gas prices have being annoying over here too, going up and up. War does that I guess...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can they6 do that? every mile have a little hut for u to pay?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cars have odometer. Maybe they'd do some sort of monthly check to see how far you've driven and then just give you the bill =P... But that'd be a lot of cars to check xD

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the £1.50 is additional to the road tax and petrol/gas/watever, its basically a toll so people will avoid driving. this is only a "suggestion" anyway, but this is another *cough* brilliant idea thought up by tony and his chums. Its basically gonna mean people who drive to the shop can go and pay like 50p (1 3rd of a mile), where as people who need to go to scotland to deliver sumthing will have to pay around £500 depending on where in scotland and where in britain they are...... i dont understand, this will mess up the whole country.....

Best answers
Well if it's really that wacky and that disliked then you can't think it would make it through parliament right?

Best answers
Man, I doubt they can do such a thing and if they do english citizents could refuse to pay such stupid prices and I supose it would get rejected after a bit of fighting for it. I wonder who ever thougth of such a thing, someone who dosent count him/herself in the list of people who pay it, that's for sure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same here, anywhere without rain daily and a little warm will do ;O~
meh, will call it "shlompland" then have our own mile road and i'll place the £1.50 a metre tax rule there! ;O

but ja.. its getting worse and worse here, ooh i wonders whats next on the "lets sponk up the country" list, lets hope its abolishment of the monachy, those lazy sods are costing more than our new road tax idea >_o

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, sounds like a plan...

this country is diggin its own grave at the moment, im doubting that the people in this country will stand for it, but it could pass in parliment, as it will boost our economy, and they've put a years worth of research into the whole idea :rolleyes:.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pfft.. I know we are poluting like a couple of chemical pigs, but this is overdoing it. I doubt people will even pay.

Best answers
I'd heard about this but i thought it was just some crap talk. Now i'm worried. I'm just starting to take driving lessons, but 1.50 a mile? When i get my licence i'll be broke in 2 days :'(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not like I agree with it, but I would guess it's to support more bicycling and public transportation and crap, since we're kind of running out of that stuff.

KyoKusanagi

K
Lol you wanna here something worse:

Here in Australia - the braniacs at Monash University are proposing a curfew of P-Plate drivers possibly starting as soon as 9pm but more realistically from between 12am and 6am.

Hopefully the powers that be shoot this farcical proposal down before it even reaches a point of consideration. I can't imagine not being able to drive around after 9pm and even if i couldn't, i'd drive around without my P-plates up.

Best answers
This idea has been around for years and years Kyo, everytime it reaches consideration it always gets knocked down. How much would it suck thoe if it became reality?

edit: 9pm LOL that would suck royal, i wouldnt have been able to get home from uni last semester on thursdays if they ever came into effect. *Prays those people who propose this have thier gonads turned into pumpkins*

Best answers
Ow that s Harsh KyoKusanagi hope it doesnt get going

being a man of the hills cars arent needed....we welsh fly

we do....

honstly.....

No Really!!!....

Fiiiiiiine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom