WHAT! NO NHL 'TILL 2006?!?

Best answers
I'm not sure how many of you out there actually care, and I hope that it's more than I am assuming, but here goes. My sister heard this from an Alpena Police officer the other night when she flipped her car on the way to hockey practice "she is fine although the car is totaled." He is apparently a season ticket holder to the Detroit Red Wings "wOOt". Anyways he was told that there will be no professional hockey in the US till 2006 :no: :cry: :no:

While this is mostly for information feel free to express your feelings about the issue at hand. Personally I am against the salary cap that caused the lockout because the Detroit Red Wings would be devastated by this, due to the fact that they have the highest payed players in the league.

Voice your opinion!

The most humble,
Taurus 2112

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Damn, I would go on strike if my 2 gizzillion dollar paycheck got dropped to 1.9 gizzilions >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOO.....NO!!! The Devils....NO!!!!!!

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are just hearing about this now?? Well I guess that is to be expected of you silly americans.

Anyways yeah the strike sucks. I wish there was a football strike next season because I hate football.

Best answers
Blah it's Hockey. What's going to happen is no one's going to care about Hockey whenever they do get it sorted out, and then they won't be getting a paycheck at ALL. Hockey's not popular enough to where the players have a right to complain, if you ask me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I've known about this for awhile......I just get emotional EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! My 16th of canadian blood BURNS with love for Hockey!!!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hockey will just be stronger in Canada come the next season. Drop 6 teams, bring the league to 24 teams.

Cap the salary at 40 million, fire Bettman and Bob Goodenow. Put someone who knows hockey in.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if this has any affect on the NHL like the 94' strike had on MLB, watch out.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Well, if this has any affect on the NHL like the 94' strike had on MLB, watch out.
Yeah, true, but the baseball strike really killed Canadian teams, and the teams that were generally bad. The blue jays had just won 2 world series a year or two before, and they should have had a productive season coming on... Instead they striked, fans forgot and went back to hockey. Killed the expos, it'll kill the blue jays if they aren't careful.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both parties have said they're not budging on their position. It's all gonna come down to which ever side caves first.

Best answers
Hsu said:
You guys are just hearing about this now?? Well I guess that is to be expected of you silly americans.

Anyways yeah the strike sucks. I wish there was a football strike next season because I hate football.
I'll take that as an insult. I love hockey, and have known about the strike since they were threatening it at the end of last year's season.

I don't know about there not being any hockey this year though, I've heard they were making progress.
Unfortunatly I have to stick with the reruns of old playoff games they've been playing on FSN. They're pretty sweet though... until I found myself cheering for a prerecorded game. GO WINGS!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sports are too freakin stingy if u ask me, all they care about is the money. barely they play for the love of their home town, love of the game, but what most importantly is who can give the most money.. argh ;\ they freakin get paid too much

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
funny story

so the city decides to plunk down a few million on a new stadium for the arizona nhl team and now there ass raped big time because its soon to be complete and they cant do diddly with it until the nhl starts again

Best answers
Ok just to recap, when I said no NHL 'till 2006 I meant till FALL of 2006. Which means a whole nother season then what you are expecting on. I'm not saying that my sources are correct but you would think that a season ticket holder would no better than most of us.

The Most Humble,
Taurus 2112

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
Ok just to recap, when I said no NHL 'till 2006 I meant till FALL of 2006. Which means a whole nother season then what you are expecting on. I'm not saying that my sources are correct but you would think that a season ticket holder would no better than most of us.

The Most Humble,
Taurus 2112
Yup, he's right, a season ticket holder gets front row seats to all the meetings!

Even though the coaches aren't even allowed to talk about the whole thing under penalty of fine. Season ticket holders know their stuff! :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez, It just SUCKS, I guess I could some how Follow the Flames until I can watch the Devils again.

Best answers
Hsu said:

Bold former statement. But your generalization has no merit.

In regards to the hockey, hockey is a fun sport to watch every now and then, but honestly, I'd rather play the sport than watch them and bicker over who won over whom.

Football has it's ups and downs. I am more of a baseball fan.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, guess if you're not in minnesota or Canada, you don't hear these things :p This was like news a month ago :p But I'm a football fan anyway :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
if there is no game or what ever by the first of jan then there wont be a NHL this year.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the players are starting to get really pissed at the players association. We may see some progress soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom