What music player do you use?

Best answers
Well, i just switched over from itunes to winamp, and was wandering what everyone else was using as thier music/media player. And your opinions on the best music player.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For Music I use Winamp and for Media Files I use Media player classic (I installed K-Lite Mega codec pack so I don't need to go through and install Real player, Quicktime etc since I already have all the codec from most other players). For Dvd playback I use WinDvD.

Best answers
I switched from Winamp to iTunes recently after using WA since 2.0. I was just tired of the lame skins for WA5. iTunes sorted my music folder... for which I am extremly thankful. I like the EQ on iTunes a lot better too.

Best answers
Dude, i dont think you're going to be finding many good skins for itunes. IMO

Best answers
Dirty said:
Dude, i dont think you're going to be finding many good skins for itunes. IMO
Well I know. I was just tired of Winamp's default skin and I never found any skins that I liked. They were pretty much all "ZOMGZ SHINY WOOOW!" I was looking for something plain.

Best answers
heh, well where are you looking, when i look for skins for anything i either go to deviantART, or WinCustimize, and i usually find somthing i like, most of the time

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Window's Media Player is good enough for me :D . I had Winamp once upon a time. I don't really remember it having any advantages over anything else. I dislike Real Player's skin. itunes is annoying. Media Player has a nice color scheme and I find it very user friendly.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Winamp for music, media player for video's, but VLC media player for other video's

Winamp is the dogs bollocks for music imo.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Winamp, because I have always used it. I'm not going to switch to something else, now that I have finally somewhat completely figured out Winamp. :)

I'm no software/hardware expert so..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Winamp for music, BlazeDVD for videos, and VLC player for some random movies that BlazeDVD can't play.

Best answers
I use windows media player, is there much difference in sound between the players? Please excuse my ignorance for I don't know much bout sound or media players in general as I've used winamp for a bit, used Itunes for my ipod and to be honest, they all sounded the same, just that windows media player is just simple and seems easier to use, but thats just me

Best answers
iTunes.. Started using it when I got my Ipod, still using it today.. It uses more RAM than Winamp (less than WMP), but I don't even notice with the 1024MB DDR I have..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Winamp on Winlose and XMMS on Linux

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MusicMatch Jukebox 7.5

I like it's rather robust database features to grant me easy access to any of my songs by search criteria. Auto DJ, Super Tagging and Volume Leveling make it better than most imo. I stay away from the later bloatware versions though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom