What made 1.0/1.1 great?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What made ESF 1.1 (My first ESF) special was simply because it was a DBZ game for the PC.

Me being unwilling to buy a console without multiplayer ability and would be replaced within a year was attracted to ESF despite how hard it was (I still get owned 3 years on).

Sure the later versions got fancier (and the models less ugly, 1.3 looks great) but I still feel ESF is ESF because of DBZ, however many people complain.

And about gliding, I wasn't good enough in the beginning to notice it so I don't really miss it.

Best answers
Dark, it's great the teleport delay was removed, but you can't do combos like you could in 1.1, atleast not in the current version. The stamina system (another idea that needs to be scraped imo) prevents it.

I also still stand by my opinion that we need gloding back. Again, I don't remember anyone, not one single person, asking for it to be taken away.
If you're talking about the stamina cost of teleport, that's dependend on the time between teleports. That time is currently set quite high to test it, I'll reduce it a tad later on, but already, if you time properly (and not just bind 10 teleports on a button) teleport should barely cost stamina. The maximum 'delay' will be reduced with higher transformations.

Gliding will be implemented whenever Joe gets into a coding spree and starts implementing some melee features.

Best answers
yeah i got a question too do the esf creators ever play the game when its made (not when their testing it)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there isnt mutch i can say about 1.1 and 1.0 since i was a total noob till about 1.2.3 ^^

The targeting system was genious allthough anoying to catch once you lost it. The levels betwean players was big. There were no lucky shots because of the skill diference. But due to the howing exploit new people were able to stand a chance. Where in 1.2 all the chance they get is prepunch. Wich is borring for the better player cause you cant really avoid it unless you get out of the way. It gets boring overall and the gameplay has turned into a broken record. 3 hits after that a genbeam or a kiblob. Genbeams are ussed with beamjumping giving masive damage to a helpless rolling target and because of the turbo-beamjump the one who fired the beam gets a kill with about 5 moves. Skill level needed to be god drastically dropped and once you reach that there is very little you can do. The only fun out of simple melee i get theese days is trying to teleport behind him and send him back where he came from on the second hit.

As for the 1.3 issue. I like the 2 swoops. The swoop makes it nice for a powerfull attack even at a longer distance where the dash is great for a fast start. The use of the two is also very easy where it gets a pluss. But as long as the melee changes are not done yet there isnt much else i can say. I like the heading with simple melee getting back its old glory. Hard to use but benifitial. Also the fact that youll be able to simple get out of the new advanced melee if you want is also a big pluss.

In any case i wont stop playing cause i like that the game is totaly difrent from anything else out there.

I still have some faith left that 1.3 wont be a disaster. The current open beta needs some tweaks but some are already planned (points to Harsens post) and others may happen if the comunity pushes for it.

Just my 3 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom