What I think...

New Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
56
Best answers
0
I like helping people, as long as they type in friggin' english with friggin' correct grammar

Just needed to say that...I don't know how people put up with and help people that leave out words, mispell, and don't even correct their typos.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
Trust me, I know exactly how you feel, but there is little anyone can do about it except themselves.

Oftentimes when I confront someone about their horrible grammar/spelling/punctuation online, I get a reply like "I'm not in school, I'm not going to be graded for this, so STFU!".

They don't realize that not having mastered even English, which is considered an international language, is crucial to understanding just about anything that's in the media nowadays. And an employer would undoubtedly pick someone who's mastered English over someone who hasn't.

Practicing English in your free time (read: online) is just as crucial as learning how to do it properly in school.

I mostly just try to ignore it.. but I do cringe and get goosebumps every now and then when an exceptionally stupid person writes something.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
heh, Sometimes people crack me up when they leave out certain words or info and say it in a incorrect manner. "OMH HELP ME PLEASE ESF WON'T WORK :(" - that's the ones that make me laugh.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
14
Best answers
0
can you help me i want to know exacly what i have to do to became a super saian more than one time... with the EVM i thing.. i need the link where can i download from and what i have to modifi so i can became a super saian more than once and how can i play with dragon balls ?pls:D
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
3,999
Best answers
0
Sm3cH3RuL said:
can you help me i want to know exacly what i have to do to became a super saian more than one time... with the EVM i thing.. i need the link where can i download from and what i have to modifi so i can became a super saian more than once and how can i play with dragon balls ?pls:D

I closed 6 of your threads which were asking for EVM related information. Did you think it would be ok to ask in an already existing thread? I really hope not.

Warning :warning:. That makes two in less than five minutes. Would you like to go for a third?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
Sm3cH3RuL said:
can you help me i want to know exacly what i have to do to became a super saian more than one time... with the EVM i thing.. i need the link where can i download from and what i have to modifi so i can became a super saian more than once and how can i play with dragon balls ?pls:D
Aside from people who can't spell, it's people like this who lack common sense that annoy me the most.

Listen to what Pain tells you. It's in your best interest if you want to stay here.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
You have to remember, it's an English speaking forum so even people who don't speak the language have to. IMO the people who talk like 'omg plz hlep me I wanna incraese PL' are people with no RL grasp of English.

Then again, the 'Location:' is very telling. Sometimes I despair when I see American or UK people talking like that -_-

I think people are more willing to help people with correctly spelt, thought out questions that aren't all CAPS with crazy punctuation.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
I agree, Raven.

I often meet people who have English as their primary language, and they simply suck at it. I'm Dutch, English is my second language, so how is it that I'm better at it than they are?

Kids these days are getting lazy. The American education system isn't helping either, I hear it's one of the crappiest in the world. =/ It doesn't surprise me. When I ask an American where, say, Holland is, they don't know where the hell it might be.

"It's it in Europe?" "Do you guys get snow?" "Oh, so you speak German?" "Isn't it next to Poland?"

Many Americans I've met are simply isolated from the world. They are arrogant and believe their country is the best, and as such, feel no need to educate themselves and broaden their horizons. They also don't realize having a proper grasp of one's own language is key in this modern age.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I agree, Raven.

I often meet people who have English as their primary language, and they simply suck at it. I'm Dutch, English is my second language, so how is it that I'm better at it than they are?

Kids these days are getting lazy. The American education system isn't helping either, I hear it's one of the crappiest in the world. =/ It doesn't surprise me. When I ask an American where, say, Holland is, they don't know where the hell it might be.

"It's it in Europe?" "Do you guys get snow?" "Oh, so you speak German?" "Isn't it next to Poland?"

Many Americans I've met are simply isolated from the world. They are arrogant and believe their country is the best, and as such, feel no need to educate themselves and broaden their horizons. They also don't realize having a proper grasp of one's own language is key in this modern age.
You could offend a lot of american people with what you have stated there.

People are people, some smarter then others and some not as smart as others, it is them alone that can control what they learn and only listen in to advice from others or in what ever form they may be learning from. & yes, Practice also makes perfect (or better, one way or the other).
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
14
Best answers
0
all the day i`m trying to understand the EVM but i don`t knwo how to install it or what to install.... can you guys give me a good explication... that admin is crazy he had give me something to read but much and i don`t knwo very good english... pls guys give me a good explication and i what to know how can i have dragon balls on my map! :D.ok.THX
 
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
3,125
Best answers
0
Sm3cH3RuL said:
all the day i`m trying to understand the EVM but i don`t knwo how to install it or what to install.... can you guys give me a good explication... that admin is crazy he had give me something to read but much and i don`t knwo very good english... pls guys give me a good explication and i what to know how can i have dragon balls on my map! :D.ok.THX
I've come under the impression you have a very small grasp of english. So I am going to explain this the best I can.

This is the ESF forums. You are asking about EVM. However, this is not the EVM forums. If you really need help with EVM, you should go to the EVM Forums which you can find here, right under the big EVM.

That being said, stop asking for help for EVM here. You aren't going to get it, no matter how many times you ask.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
14
Best answers
0
ok.thx. but i dosen`t know about the EVM forum...and the dragon balls how can i get them to be on my map ?.. I play just riverside !
 
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
3,125
Best answers
0
Step 1. Read this: THE MANUAL
Step 2. Stop posting for help in random threads, it is off-topic, and considered spam.

In fact, while you're at it, if you read this it will give you a better understanding of our rules here.

I tell him the exact same thing a great many times, but he listens when it comes from you.... That aint right. ~ Pain
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
4,765
Best answers
0
Huh?

Anyway, I do agree, it would be nicer if people would *try* to type better english. But you have to keep in mind that not everybody lives in America or England. Not everybody uses English every day. So I'm happy as long as I can understand people and you shouldn't start *****ing people just for not using good punctuation (sp?) etc. People do need to keep in mind using paragraphs, I mean...it's really annoying to read a wall of text. >.<
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
Saiyan_Overlord said:
You could offend a lot of american people with what you have stated there.

People are people, some smarter then others and some not as smart as others, it is them alone that can control what they learn and only listen in to advice from others or in what ever form they may be learning from. & yes, Practice also makes perfect (or better, one way or the other).
I wasn't generalising the entire American population. All across my post, you'll notice me referring to those people as those who I've personally met. This in no way reflects the characteristics of the American population, it merely shows what personal experience I have with them. I apologize if I've offended anyone, it was not my intent.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
1,355
Best answers
0
That didn't offend me. I don't think my counry is the best because in my own opinion, I think bush is a **** sucker >_<
And yes, it does annoy me when people just say "PLZ PLZP LZPLZPLZ" and when they don't use common sense -.- But you do get idiots that register on different places and do this their whole time untill they leave the forum. I hate it when people just randomly type out in caps. And I especially hate it when people create six threads at a time when a moderator closes a thread. But I just love it when a Moderator closes a thread, and the user posts a thread saying "**** you.. so and so" and they get there self a warning :O I don't like it when people randomly post out for help in a random thread. They act like they own this forum. I mean, it doesn't bother me that people don't speak english well. It's their sense of humor and their mature/immatureness.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
I see where you're coming from, but I kind of have to disagree on one thing.

It might indeed be their humor to not type properly, or to type incorrectly on purpose, but if it gets in the way of me understanding them when they have the ability to do better, then I get annoyed. Some people are just so lazy, it boggles my mind. What sane person, who wants to ask a question on a forum, would write a post that's unreadable? It's counter-productive! If people can't understand WTF you're saying, how do you expect them to be able to help you?

It boggles the mind sometimes.
 
New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
807
Best answers
0
Ok. I like USA so all this talk about countries seems to me like a big flame war in the making...

I don't like people who don't provide enough information. They just make a title of the thread something like "sprites" then in their post they say like "WHAT ARE THEY HOW CAN I GETEM!!!1111ONEONE!!" Those annoy me the most. They don't even search the forums because there are always threads asking how to get more models and sprites etc. Then when you link them to a thread with the answer or to a sticky about EVM not being supported they ignore it and are too lazy either to read the sticky or click on the link. What I don't understand is that if people have ESF and they get evm too they mustve gotten evm either from evm's website or another mirror which describes it yet they automatically come to esf instead of asking where ever the hell they got it from.
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
56
Best answers
0
Kasey said:
Ok. I like USA so all this talk about countries seems to me like a big flame war in the making...

I don't like people who don't provide enough information. They just make a title of the thread something like "sprites" then in their post they say like "WHAT ARE THEY HOW CAN I GETEM!!!1111ONEONE!!" Those annoy me the most. They don't even search the forums because there are always threads asking how to get more models and sprites etc. Then when you link them to a thread with the answer or to a sticky about EVM not being supported they ignore it and are too lazy either to read the sticky or click on the link. What I don't understand is that if people have ESF and they get evm too they mustve gotten evm either from evm's website or another mirror which describes it yet they automatically come to esf instead of asking where ever the hell they got it from.
I know you're pulling my leg here and what I asked for was simple. I'm not a prick, so just put a sock in it.
 
New Member
Retired Forum Staff
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
674
Best answers
0
Kasey said:
Ok. I like USA so all this talk about countries seems to me like a big flame war in the making...

I don't like people who don't provide enough information. They just make a title of the thread something like "sprites" then in their post they say like "WHAT ARE THEY HOW CAN I GETEM!!!1111ONEONE!!" Those annoy me the most. They don't even search the forums because there are always threads asking how to get more models and sprites etc. Then when you link them to a thread with the answer or to a sticky about EVM not being supported they ignore it and are too lazy either to read the sticky or click on the link. What I don't understand is that if people have ESF and they get evm too they mustve gotten evm either from evm's website or another mirror which describes it yet they automatically come to esf instead of asking where ever the hell they got it from.
It's pretty damn ironic to complain about possible flaming and then belittle someone a paragraph later. One of the tried and true rules of this forum is to respect all members, and if you think you can dodge that with some sloppy ambiguity you've got another thing coming.

Let's all play nice, hmm?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top