What happend to the improvement to Ping???

Best answers
why did u exclude the improvement for beta 1.1 that the attacks are client side? instead of server side? because a ping 130 like me wants to be able to kill a host with melee.

Best answers
and u did delete the melee on/off cvar too

or is the outline not complete?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ping depends on the server's bandwidth and your bandwidth. The servers stability has been dealt with from what I gather but if you want better ping play in a better server or get a new isp.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guess they forgot to put the mp_melee cvar in the outline.. o well

Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
Ping depends on the server's bandwidth and your bandwidth. The servers stability has been dealt with from what I gather but if you want better ping play in a better server or get a new isp.
i know. iam not dumb. like forrest gump.

my tdsl is so slow for internet gaming because it doesnt like the net code of hl. i meant client attack prediction because then i wouldnt have those 0.2 delay between combo things that could save my life. it isnt ballanced for high ping ppl

and pc joe what about the client side server prediction is it in?

after answering that u can close this thread

almostdeleted

A
They forgot buu's body part attack too.. Unless its not aded.

Best answers
When you have an average ping of 350+ like me its even worse... especialy when you have a 2 second late response to stuff like attacks... and then people just say im crap because of it... its realy damn annoying

Best answers
Originally posted by Stanz
When you have an average ping of 350+ like me its even worse... especialy when you have a 2 second late response to stuff like attacks... and then people just say im crap because of it... its realy damn annoying
same with me, or when swooping and trying to hit someone in melee he curves and u see your characters head flying 180 degree into the wrong direction

Best answers
i gav up playing as my 266mhz pc w/ 56k modem would rack up imprezzively high pings. it became stupid so i bot play now.
ontopic. there is a new outline showing whats gonna come pakage and parcel with b1.1. and including ole better ping and framerate stuff that i can't b arsd to remember.

Best answers
*sighs*
The old outline came with required and optional part. All goals we had in the required part were met, except for the "Keep the sb, with reduced charge, when hit by melee" thing. Some stuff under the optional list is not done (that's why it was optional).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for clearing that up. A lot of people appear to not be able to read:

Directly from the new outline:

Cvar to enable/disable melee attacks
Duh.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regarding pings, it's impossible to please everyone. And nobody would try to balance a game to give high pingers more of an advantage. All ppl with bad pings can do is get a new or better ISP, and if things liek cable aren't available in your area, there's not much that can be done asside mfrom playing with bots.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And on a side note:

"Make this game work better with an aging medium that is passing the technological world by" does not exactly seem like a good idea (to the 56k'ers and Voodoo2 users complaining about a lack of performance updates).

Just keep it to small games and set the vid and res settings low and you ought to be fine.

Best answers
It's only realy this mod that tends to be the realy slow one, ofcourse its in beta and early beta's always lag more like CS USED too. but now with this connection (56k) its smooth as hell. I in 1.5 so far I havnt noticed it lag atall... its also quite good in dod and tfc but not quite as good. Richochet is just about the worst even tho thats a very simple mod but not enough work was put into it, So im hoping esf might be smoother in the future?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Watch hot babes masturbating & getting ****ed HARD on videos & webcams with sound !!! Its 100% FREE...have a look now!! Click here !! :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pinky18
Watch hot babes masturbating & getting ****ed HARD on videos & webcams with sound !!! Its 100% FREE...have a look now!! Click here !! :)
Warning for you me thinks (www.sayhelloipban.com lololol)

AAAAAAAAAAAnyway i know what all you 56k people go through. I used to have a 52k connection with AOL, got disconnected alot and it was a living nightmare on quake 3, but after you've played for quite sometime, you get used to the lag and start to think ahead of yourself (i won quite alot of matches on BFP with my 52k modem) Im sure with the fps increased, there will be a minor improvment with the latency, just be patient and all you really can do is practice under your conditions

Best answers
but when ur ping isnt stable and jumps from 100 to 300 and back then u cant really get used to.

and i have dsl.

768 kb down
96 kb up

but its the dumb provider called telekom. in quake3 my ping is 30 on local servers, (not lan) but with hl net code 100.

Best answers
Well, ping matters much less for melee in 1.1, apparently your ki pool determines if you win a head on. So if that 56ker can track your movement well enough, the moment you try to swerve in to melee, he can start swooping, and because he was just chilling while you were buzzing around he will win because his ki pool will be more full. Kind of a cheap way to do it, especially since it encourages just sitting there and waiting(blockcounters anyone?), it's a needed fix until 1.2 melee (I guess).

I probably won't be into 1.1 as much, but I will stick with it just for 2.0...I heard from sources how 1.2 melee will work and it sounds FABULOUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom