what grinds your gears?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate when people think everything you do somehow involves them or is because of them.

Best answers
I hate people that don't know when to shut the **** up. It never happens online, so I'm ok, but in real life people can't tell when you need some ****ing peace.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I hate people who take an aggressive stance against smokers. As for shredding someones neck with your teeth and tearing out his spine, i'd say you have bigger problems than second-hand smoke.

Yeah abouth that .... I cant stand somke... I cant breath.... So think abouth it... Your just standing around and somebody dosent let you breath.... Yeah ... fun... Oh wait he is done!! FINALY after 2 min of torture .. But whats this? A nother one.... And like that everyday....for years and years...day after day....

Il see how you like it if somebody dosent let you breath... often....
And abouth the agressines... I control my self.... And i dont say anything but THATS what i feel .... Somke at home.... i have noting against that...You can smoke at home until your eyes pop out for all i care...

EDIT: <_< Yeah i have major problems...

Besides id see how agresive thougth youd have if you are bullyed and anoyed lets not forget the phisicaly anoyment (yes i mispelled it...well sue me) ... and lets not forget the smokers... from age 7...Yeah....Its nice to have 99% of people hate you....Youl grow up really friendly... So dont blame me blame the rasist ****S! who ****ed me up just becous i was half russian.... <_< Any more questions abouth my problems? and why i have agressive nature?

So i reintarate politely.... Its not my fault rasists got to me in early age and i got screwed up...Its not my fault that i really...Just cant breath when somebody somkes near me....I really think thats understandable....

P.S i hate people who dont understand other people, or dont even try...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate when people live. Or breathe. I guess they are kind of inter-related but not really. If everyone (other than myself) stopped breathing right now. I would die of happiness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ashur, i'm not going to pretend I understand half your problems, but if people smoke around you, don't hang out with them. I took an anti-disestablisment stance against non smokers before I even started. Hang around non-smokers and before long it won't even bother you. If it does, at least you can protest about it as a group rather than an individual (no sarcasm).

As for racism, I agree that's messed up. It's a problem in most cultures that just won't go away. At least more people are being tolerant these days.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What grinds my gears is that I still don't fully know the reason why people decided to start smoking (those who decided to start after the year 2000)

Best answers
Synth
Note: This is not a personal attack on a user. We were on IRC talking and.. well.. haha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody wants to pay $10 a seat to see a ****ty movie when they can steal it for free on their dad's computer and/or internet connection. Nobody wants to pay $30 a disc to see a ****ty movie when they can steal it for free on their dad's computer and/or internet connection. Nobody wants to buy 12 crap songs and 1 good song for the low, low price of 5 times the amount they payed for the disc when they can steal it for free on their dad's computer and/or internet connection. Let them ride limo's on their own dollar.
I don't like when people think the industry is just greedy in the media, and completely disavow the millions upon millions of dollars spent to bring them the entertainment for which they are allegedly unfairly paying 1/10,000th of the sum amount of money invested.

(Disclaimer: Nothing personal Cuc, just reminded me is all!)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just remembered another one. Passive aggressive attacks.

I'm quite passive aggressive at times, but usually I'll get up enough guts to fully assert myself.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't like when people think the industry is just greedy in the media (1-20 million a paycheck for minimal effort, I haven't seen a real actor in years, you?), and completely disavow the millions upon millions of dollars spent to (have cocaine parties) bring them the entertainment (many people haven't been entertained for years) for which they are allegedly unfairly paying 1/10,000th (all money that they don't get to start with, since those kids wouldn't buy it anyway. No money is no money.) of the sum amount of money invested. (and what of the people who invested time to see Uwe Boll movies? Time is priceless.)

(Disclaimer: Nothing personal Cuc, just reminded me is all!)
Tis okay ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I'll list some more.

-People who will go out of their way to annoy you just because you aren't kissing their ass. Its basically worship them or else. I hate people like that.

-Neo Nazi feminists who decide to hate ALL men and get their friends to hate all men just because she broke up with 1 jerk. The fact women claim all men are the same disgusts me.

-People who say nintendo and anything related to it is "kiddy."

-Emos and anyone who thinks Emo guys are the hottest thing. "Aww...I have low self esteem, everyone hates me, so I cut myself. Love me. Give me attention. It wont matter because I'll still cut myself. Everyone says I'm ugly. I know I'm ugly too, SO LET ME SHOW YOU 100 PICS OF MYSELF I MADE WITH MY WEBCAM!!!"

-Black people who complain about whites being racist, when they're being racist against whites all the time.

-Spiders.

-Two-faced people who act like they're your friend, but talk crap about you behind your back, then act as if you're paranoid when you actually catch them talking crap about you.

-People who act like they deserve constant respect just because they are in the army reserve.

-People who say "I dont care" or "whatever you want to do" when you suggest to go do something. I usually call off dates early when a girl pulls that crap on me. I'm not interested in people who can't decide on something for themselves. Besides, if you're going to say something like that, say something a little more optimistic like "I'll let you decide." It sounds nicer. "I don't care" makes you sound like you're not happy to even be anywhere.

-People who say FF7 is the best RPG in the world, and anyone that disagrees is wrong.

-Jack Thompson.

-Rap music that only involves sex, drugs, and violence. I really dont give a damn about how much weed you smoke. I don't care about how many hoes love you. I don't care about how much bling you have. I don't care about how life was so hard for you growing up. I don't care about how much you like going to the club and starting fights. I don't care what your name is. And if I hear Mike Jones say his name one more time, I'm commiting genocide.

-Neo Nazi Christians who think anything involving a bad uy of any sort in any form of entertainment is an act of Satan. I'll never forget the christian review of Narnia...that was just sadness in a can.

-People who think Spongebob Squarepants is the best cartoon in the world.

-People who think anime is for nerds, but think Spongebob Squarepants is the best cartoon in the world.

-Spongebob Squarepants.

-The plot twist in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, practically ruining the feel of the games from before and SO games in the future.

-People who rip on the new sonic games because it's not Sonic 3.

-Sephiroth fanboyism.

-People who go out of their way to fit the stereotype they're classified as.

-Guys that look, act, and sound SO homosexual, that I have to actually ask someone if the guy is a male or a female. Someone like this is in my Drawing class at college. It bugged me for days and I finally found out it was really a guy. I about collapsed.

-So many mario party and mario sports games, but a lack of mario adventure games.

-X Play, even though I still watch it.

and finally

-People on the internet who complain about being beaten/raped/ect and then say "the police wont listen to me and they don't care about whats going on." Seriously...I'm tired of people telling me their sob stories and then turning around and saying they have no choice but to let it happen because no one in a 50 mile radius with a JOB that would PREVENT such things even CARES about what's going on.

Hallelujah! I couldn't agree more!

Best answers
- People only liking Japanese movies, comics, cartoons and games.
- Poeple like the Spiderman movies.
- People liking any Marvel based movie.
- Poeple that try to convince people to change taste (omg, my music poons, your music suqs, liesten to my music!)
- People that fail at college or uni and go join the police or army (don't know if this counts for all countries, but joining the police or army educationsystem allows you to make money while doing physical tests (about 1000-1100€ each month)
- People using a "God" to justify their actions (not only muslims *nudge*nudge*certain president in some big white house *nudge*nudge*)
- People that are explaining something, halfway they stop talking, close their eyes and say nothing for a minute or something, then go on with the explenation (I have a teacher that does this all the time.. Really feel like throwing my course at his head when he does that)

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I hate when people live. Or breathe. I guess they are kind of inter-related but not really. If everyone (other than myself) stopped breathing right now. I would die of happiness.
....Yes its people like you ......

Ravendust said:
Ashur, i'm not going to pretend I understand half your problems, but if people smoke around you, don't hang out with them. I took an anti-disestablisment stance against non smokers before I even started. Hang around non-smokers and before long it won't even bother you. If it does, at least you can protest about it as a group rather than an individual (no sarcasm).

As for racism, I agree that's messed up. It's a problem in most cultures that just won't go away. At least more people are being tolerant these days.
Hmmm....welll dont hang around them... Hmm yes thats a good idea... Where is that? My dad somkes my brother my granny....If i go out side.... before a reatch a busstop il meet at least 2 somkers... Waiting for a buss at least 1 person smokes... I am in a bus.... Well i guy who smoked comes in.... And he took that last breath in of smoke into his lungs and when he comes in he breaths it out...
In our class there are 32 people... only 5 dont smoke....And 3 of them are wirdos...
Serisusly....People who smoke in pubilc places need here fingers cut off...Think abouth other people to....I can understand you have this ... need to smoke.... BUT thats no excuse to do it in public places....

in other words.....There everywere.... i cant go ANYWHERE.... dont hang around them.... tsh...I am not...the problem is they are everwhere.... The only place where nobody smokes is In the school or hospital.... So what you are preposing... live in a school or hospital o_O....
Yeah if at least 50% dint somke ... but no... its 10% that dosent... So its really hard to fight against it as a group if there is no group...

THATS why i am so agressive abouth this... Uhhh.... :rolleyes:
P.S this was not an agressive way of saying this...at least i tryed :D

Best answers
I hate it when someone keeps on bringing up the same subject over and over again.

I also hate it when people say "dude, your music sucks. Go listen to something worth listening to... like rap or country". I ****in hate country for one, and I listen to classic rock, arguably the best avaliable music out there. Society is ****ed up when they choose to listen to that Punkass music, and emo/rock music... Like that fallout boy ****, hawthore heights, H.I.M; Greenday, ect... over classic rock and other "real" music.

I dont JUST listen to classic rock, i listen to 90's rock, today's rock (Godsmack, A perfect circle, ect... not the bands like fallout boy, that CLAIM to be rock, when they arent), I listen to some rap, (Eminem, Beastie boys kick ass...) and I dont mind throwing some metal in the run also.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know you just reacted the same way "people" do, right lol?

I hate people who make threats to make them seem cool or something but have no intention of following through with it. I also hate when people immediately back down from a confrontation when they realize the person they're screwing around with isn't going to put up with their ++++.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ignorance grinds my gears.

To a grinding, screeching halt.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
When I think 'punk' I think a bunch of guys in a band with way too much makeup and bad hair whining about how bad the mainstream is and/or how crappy their life is because either
a) Daddy doesn't love me.
b) The other kids make fun of me for being "different".
c) I'm so broken hearted and fragile because my girlfriend left me.
d) Something generic about how bad wherever they live is.

When I think 'emo' I think a bunch of guys in a band with way too much makeup and bad hair whining about how bad the mainstream is and/or how crappy their life is because either
a) Daddy doesn't love me, so I'll cut/kill myself
b) The other kids make fun of me for being "different", so I'll cut/kill myself.
c) I'm so broken hearted and fragile because my girlfriend left me, so I'll cut/kill myself.
d) Something generic about how bad wherever they live is, so they'll cut/kill themselves.

But what really gets under my skin about the whole "punk movement" is that people don't seem to understand that if you really wanted to be unique and against conformity, you wouldn't conform to another group. It is, for lack of a better word, retarded. "Label me unlabelled" my ass.

The line between the two is relatively small in my eyes. But what's really funny is... both are considered mainsteam now... which is ironic for such 'anti-conformist' ideologies, wouldn't you say?

Sorry pain, but that's really ignorant and offensive to anybody who holds real punk ideology. That's your generalised interpretation of them. I am nothing like the stereotype that you described, yet i'd consider myself a punk, I used to have a mohawk, dress in black and denim with patches sewn on/pinned on, wear tarten trousers and everything. That didnt effect how punk i was though, took me a while to figure that out, but i did. The older I got, the more I learned that if i want to succeed at life and do everything I want to do (The true, essential ideal behind punk is "doing what you want and enjoying it") I have to manipulate the system to get what i want. In one way you could call it "playing along". In anotherway you could call it conforming, however i disagree because the avenue in life i wish to persue isnt your average 9-5 job that 95% of people are stuck in. I know you dont know what punk is, but if you're interested in a much more deeper explaination of what punk is i'd suggest you listen to (AND read the lyrics to-cuz punk singing isnt that great) the following albums:

Propaghandi - Less talk, More Rock
Pennywise - About time
Operation Ivy - Energy
Minor Threat - Minor threat
The Clash - London calling

You shouldnt form impressions on punk without having a clue what you're talking about, punk is about liberty, freedom, politics, pride, fun, taking risks, belief in one-self, succeeding, making a difference and being an idividual. It is not about whining, *****ing or girlfriends hating you, if you've heard music like this/met people like this, they arent punk. I never met a punk with makeup, cept Misfit enthusiasts. In answer to the last part of your post, there's some lyrics from a song by propaghandi - resisting a tyranical government "and yes, i recognize the irony that the very system i oppose affords me the luxury of biting the hand that feeds. but that's exactly why priviledged ****s like me should feel obliged to whine and kick and scream- until everyone has everything they need."

Im not one to sympathise with emo's, hence why i said "please dont associate the two" however im friends with a few, they're not bad people or anything its just a rather *** trend going around.

Oh and describing things as *** is in no way an insult to *** people, in my mind anyway, its just slang, for saying, oh... thats not right. Doesnt mean i have a problem with people who are ***, but i think its a suitable word for certain situations, i mean, take example the literal translation of bastard, think of all the fatherless people out there you are offending with that remark D: oh wait, the dont care, and if they do they clearly have problems.

This is also another reason i can state how flawed generalisations are, hence judgements made upon generalisations are also flawed. Everyone is different because we live in a world governed by circumstances, no generalisation can take those circumstances into consideration.

Best answers
Yeah, I dont really mind the punks, but I HATE the Emos.

This may sound wierd... and in a way, wrong. But Im gonna say it anyway...

I really hate people with psycological disorders... Like the kinds that make you cry out of nowhere, and give you deep depressions. Whenever I see an emo cry at school, I just want to kick them... In the face. I dont know why I do, but thats just how I am. My school is full of those types of people, and it eats at me all day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really bothers me when we ask this question to a forum full of 17 year olds and all they talk about is their designated opposite teenager stereotype.

People only seem to get pissed off at being 'generalized' when you precisely **** all over their idealogical vision of themselves. You know, that perception as 'unique'. And when you drop the bomb that they are just one stupid stereotype trying to artificially inflate their all-but-temporary integrity by cutting down another stupid stereotype (and doing EXACTLY what they ***** is all the opposite stereotype does)...well that just is really annoying, to me. In five years you are either A.) going to still look and act like a dumbass with nothing to contribute to society but 10000 arguments for your completely trend-defined musical preferences, or B.) wonder why you ever were such a hollow-souled lame-dressing retard.

I especially hate when these people sit around and wax poetic bull**** about what 'defines them', and rattle off dumb **** like "I have a mohawk but it's not that big" or "My glasses are thick but I don't have tight pants so I'm more of a hardcore kid than an emo kid." The entire methodology of defining your identity is a load of crap, go get a job and an opinion about something other than Good Charlotte's last album and maybe then I'll be inclined to give a crap why you think what you think about yourself.

It also pisses me off that people think how they dress defines you. It doesn't. If you have a mohawk, you don't look like a rebel, you look like a dumbass -- good luck with your job at Hot topic until your 40, hope you like living with your mom.

I mean...since when did looking like a ****ty losery cartoon character and ceaselessly *****ing about some other ****ty losery cartoon character looking people make you cool? When I was a kid if you looked weird all it got was your face beat in by pretty people....

I dislike people who milk these alleged psychological disorders. My girlfriend is one of them...lived on meds forever. Then met me around the time her insurance went out...hasn't had them for two years and has barely even noticed. People are ignorant; they think they need medicine to make them happy when all they need is something to actually BE HAPPY about. She never needed that ****, though she'll never realize it...she's happier now then she ever was on that crap. Same with every person I ever knew who took the 'happy pills.'

Best answers
You are not talking about me are you? And excuse me if this is a dumb question, I just couldnt follow what you just said, Pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom