what grinds your gears?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
I mean really, you live in the United States, and our language is English. If you are unable to fully develop your ability to speak the native language of my country, then please get the **** out.
It's funny you should say native language considering America pretty much RAPED the native language, you know, by fully developing their ability to speak the native language, you know... the language of the Natives, since this is their country, being here first and all. Oh wait...

Know what grinds my gears? When people say, "That's so g*y", you wouldn't say, "that's so black", or "that's so jewish", why should the word g*y be any different? (Forgive my filter evading, it was for the purpose of the thread.)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
It's funny you should say native language considering America pretty much RAPED the native language, you know, by fully developing their ability to speak the native language, you know... the language of the Natives, since this is their country, being here first and all. Oh wait...

Know what grinds my gears? When people say, "That's so g*y", you wouldn't say, "that's so black", or "that's so jewish", why should the word g*y be any different? (Forgive my filter evading, it was for the purpose of the thread.)
Like Alea said, it's how the language is evolving. *** has turned from a homosexual meaning to a homosexual meaning and a term that means "unfair". I'd say "stupid" or "retarded" but i know how that'd backfire.

Also, if you went around saying "that's so black" or "that's so jewish" not many people would understand you or called you racist even though the religion isn't a race. It's socially accepted that "Omg that's ***" means "Omg that's stupid"

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Also, if you went around saying "that's so black" or "that's so jewish" not many people would understand you or called you racist even though the religion isn't a race. It's socially accepted that "Omg that's ***" means "Omg that's stupid"
That is your personal opinion, not a social meme.

I, in my three years (so far) at University rarely have heard people say "that's so ***". There are exceptions, but it is in my experience, that particularly in an academic setting, people know better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arrogance. Not like the type of arrogance where "omg I'm gonna beat you so bad!"

The arrogance I hate is the kind where, basically, whatever you can do, he claims he's done better, or can do better.

"So far my best score is 50-0 using Goku"
"Yeah, well mine is 400-1 using Piccolo."

or

"I won!"
"yeah, well I wasn't trying. You're not worth my full effort. I've fought many people better than you."

or

"My mouse sense is really high. Its hard to control my guy but I'm getting used to it."
"Yeah, well I have complete control no matter what my sense is. I'm currently using 130 sense!"

Of course, this applies to everything, but I was giving ESF examples.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Emo, goth, punk (real punks are like 60 years old)
.... im a punk and im 18, when i was 14 i had my first mohawk. I might not dress like a punk now, but i still love the music, and love the attitude, not to mention the art/graphic design that came with the punk movement. Punk came about in the 1970's-80's, most punks being adolecent teenage boys would make them 40-something thesedays.

Its hard to describe what gets on my nerves, mostly its just ignorance and generalisation, but saying that in itself is an oxymoron. Live and let live is what I say, i try not to let other people bother me unless somebody interferes, disrespects me or goes against what i believe in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what really grinds my gears? Kids playing online games and trying to look cool by insulting others with their lame comments and if they get cornered with someone talking back at them they just start to make "yo mama" jokes or something like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
You know what really grinds my gears? Kids playing online games and trying to look cool by insulting others with their lame comments and if they get cornered with someone talking back at them they just start to make "yo mama" jokes or something like that.
ROFL that's the most awesome rant I've ever heard in my life. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Way to go!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Idiots on IRC (aka everyone that isn't in my channel)

o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fat girls in tight clothing.
And any male in tight clothing (see punk/emo for what I mean).

nge

Best answers
People who are obsessed with sex, and horny 13 year olds over the internet.

Um...

Well, the internet in general.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People grind my gears. I don't like people. Does this mean I don't like myself? Look at my title underneath my name and you tell me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
(see punk/emo for what I mean).
stop associating the two pain... they're entirely different.

i guess i've found something that "grinds my gears"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God Emperor's aren't associated with people. You are a person and therefore associated with people. Guess how I feel about you.

People who deem themselves clever grind my gears as well.

I like how you quoted yourself. GG.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what really grinds my gears? People who try to act as if they know something but really have no idea. For instance: When someone teaches you how to use certain things although you have way more knowledge and the person who tries to teach you dosn't know jack **** and only bases his so called "facts" on rumors and made up things (which he thinks are logical). And the worst part is, when you tell them they're wrong they start a 3 million word rant on how smart they are and how lame you are. Those people really should have pineapples sticked in their behinds and boiled in oil.

P.S. I really hate them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It always bothers me that people complain about my generalization of people in groups. The fact is I generalize by the commonality...so technically each generalization only includes the people who actually fit it. This can be seen a lot in the old Nintendo threads; I might refer to 'all the ignorant 14 year old nintendo kids'...but at no point does that mean that I say 'All people who like nintendo must be 14 years old.' I'm literally ONLY TALKING about that particular grouping common to that trait...but I constantly get griped with by people who are angry at my 'generalizations'. And all the while, they aren't generalizations at all; rather they are specifications.

The other thing that pisses me off is people who think I'm some kind of brain-damaged retard for liking wrestling. All the reasons they give for hating it are dumb and ignorant:

"Bunch of sweaty guys touching each other" - So's football, dumbass.
"It's fake" - So's the movies, dumbass.
"I like all the old wrestlers, I hate it now that it's changed" - You want to watch old men do the bodyslam over and over again be my guest--they sell archives on wwe.com.

I also, incidentally, hate that people don't differentiate between 'fake' and 'scripted.' How do you fake falling off a 15 foot ladder? Being thrown off a 25 foot high fence's roof? Doing a backflip off of the top rope...and missing? Honestly. I wish people showed more appreciation in general for the sacrifices the wrestlers make for our entertainment each week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing at all actually. I have no pet peeves, or any little things that make me mad. People can mispell, or act like asses, or do whatever the **** they want. I really couldn't care less.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
..."Bunch of sweaty guys touching each other" - So's football, dumbass.
"It's fake" - So's the movies, dumbass.
"I like all the old wrestlers, I hate it now that it's changed" - You want to watch old men do the bodyslam over and over again be my guest--they sell archives on wwe.com...
God that SOO made my day XD
Seriously i almost fell off my chair.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who say one thing, lie about it and forget they said that & then try to act like that never happened or it was never said (points at Vanessa Boombarker......). Then you find out they said something, something they should of told you but they tell someone other then you and you don't find out till a few days later, but yet you were standing a little bit away from them. Then they go insult you behind your back, & gossip accusations all over the place etc, only to have my brother's girlfriend overhere some of it since she only went to the same school.

Other then that, people such as andreyesf posting nothing but "OMG THAT IS SO COOL" or "HEY I'M INNOCENT" when there is outstanding evidence that states & proves he is infact guilty.

Various n00bs on the internet going "OMG I GOT NORTON YOU CAN'T HACK" but fail to understand that one program won't always be relaible enough to avoid such things (I bet if they don't have a router then they are ****ed).

n00bs that go around insulting people in any form of internet contact weather it be a public forum or some form of an IM program.

People that judge you based on what they may here about you or who follow other's opinions, in other words, people who pre-judge people without getting to know them in person.

People who insult you & People who try to scab ciggarettes or money off you constantly, and then yet you ask them for a ciggie one of those things lsited above and then they always piss and moan about it, and when they also piss and moan when you don't give them something they try to scab off you.

[sarcasam]Oh, & did I mention Kidboy pr0n =P.[/sarcasam]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom