โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
This mod will be KICKA$$

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Its not from pure text. Thats just how the commands are accepted now. The interface will lateron provide the commands. Besides everything in coding is nade out of words. And Ragdoll would be even worse since the code would have to check for the actuall map terrain building hitboxes round it just for the ragdoll system. after that would be done the calculations would have to be made for the bouncing and so on. Not to mention the actuall model movement.
I see. So it'll be somewhat moron-proof.
But I can see it now, FX script system is finally integrated into ESF and in less then 2 months there will be hundreds of available effects you can download, a whole new section for esf-world.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for a ragdoll system to be written for goldsource?
would it affect FPS any?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I see. So it'll be somewhat moron-proof.
But I can see it now, FX script system is finally integrated into ESF and in less then 2 months there will be hundreds of available effects you can download, a whole new section for esf-world.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for a ragdoll system to be written for goldsource?
would it affect FPS any?
Its possible to write it. And it may affect FPS but you can code round those parts. Allthough for that you would need to do some hacks round the engine ^^

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Its possible to write it. And it may affect FPS but you can code round those parts. Allthough for that you would need to do some hacks round the engine ^^
Thats good to know! (waiting for some generous coder to offer services)
But all in all, the best ragdoll system I've seen for an old game such as this one was... the source version of HL1 :fight:

Then came SOF double helix, with a somewhat acceptable (but extremely buggy) ragdoll system. I think they were the founding fathers of ragdoll.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats good to know! (waiting for some generous coder to offer services)
But all in all, the best ragdoll system I've seen for an old game such as this one was... the source version of HL1 :fight:

Then came SOF double helix, with a somewhat acceptable (but extremely buggy) ragdoll system. I think they were the founding fathers of ragdoll.
I thought it was either Quake or Unreal ^^

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, a custom effects interface, huh? I can see the utility here. Not satisfied with an effect? Think it needs this or that? Well add it in yourself!

I can see myself using this for sure, just to say I did.

As to Half Life Source...I have to wonder, was it much work for Valve to port the game into Source? I think it must have been. And of course, I'm sure ESF stands no chance of seeing the same treatment even if someone tried, since I'm sure ESF's coding is massively based on GldSource's coding, which I bet is almost nothing like Source anymore.

Either way, I'd like to make a DBZ style NPC for GMod someday if I could learn how. Hehe...that would own...

Hmm...I never considered....Are the bots in ESF technically NPCs like zombies or headcrabs are, or are they under a different category?

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow, a custom effects interface, huh? I can see the utility here. Not satisfied with an effect? Think it needs this or that? Well add it in yourself!

I can see myself using this for sure, just to say I did.

As to Half Life Source...I have to wonder, was it much work for Valve to port the game into Source? I think it must have been. And of course, I'm sure ESF stands no chance of seeing the same treatment even if someone tried, since I'm sure ESF's coding is massively based on GldSource's coding, which I bet is almost nothing like Source anymore.

Either way, I'd like to make a DBZ style NPC for GMod someday if I could learn how. Hehe...that would own...

Hmm...I never considered....Are the bots in ESF technically NPCs like zombies or headcrabs are, or are they under a different category?
Bots are standalone.
Im pretty sure they originate from the same guy who made the bots for CS.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
bots were make by Rick (aka Me), based on Botmans Bots source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom