What FPS do you get?

Best answers
no prob, but if you ever need advice on which card to get for your system (mind you your comp is pretty decent besides the graphics card...) ill help you out, im allways up there with the jargon and what cards are good value for money, I mean my ATI Radeon 9500 isnt the fastest thing on the planet but it has the best Value for money right now, and it is one of ATI's most powerful cards, and gives the Geforce 4 a run for its money (actually it beats it lol, and for only 180 dollars Australian its great) my card has L shaped memory etc so im gonna softmod it and turn it into a 9700 the fastest graphics card out right now (on par with Geforce FX) so tell me your price range and ill keep an eye out for yer, or better yet ill send you my Geforce 2 that Im not even using (actually its a geforce 2 GTS Ultra) with 64mb or vram... ah wells good luck anyways take my advice the 3d card you have is whats making you fall...

Best answers
i get 100fps on the dot

i turn vsync off

Gah, wtf everyones using my advatar now lol, wasnt mine, but know the newbies are using it frequenmtly, time to change.

512mb ddr ram
1.9ghz
dsl
xp
geforce 2 pro (32bit) which is actualy just as good at gf3

Doh and i gfot some other parts which are cool.

capture card which ownz j00s.
and some other ****.

Best answers
umm actually the geforce 2 pro, only beats some of the Geforce 3 MX Cards not the TI, I think the gfc3 mx cards were based around the gfrce 256 core, im not sure on that one, I know that the gfc4 mx is based upon the gfc 2 core.. *shrugs* the Geforce 2 GTS Ultra is the fastest Geforce 2 card ever made... I thought you had a savage 4? and turning vysnc was a good idea lol...

Best answers
4.2-20 max maybe more on lan by 5 fps

p3 550
128 sdram
nvidia tnt 2 32 megs (with no fan :shocked: )
17" monitor

anyone know how to get this special system to play command and conquer generals without always quitting out before i can do a damn mission????????

Best answers
every1 havin probs with fps

1. make sure in console fps_max is 100
2. that u ahve disabled vsync- to do this bring up ur display properties, select the settings tab click on advanced
3. in ur advanced settings menu select the tab monitor and make sure its set to 100hrz - even if u have a 17" it will still do a 100 u just ahve to make sure it reveils wat it "can't" do
4.select the tab with ur graphics card name in it, select additional properties-open gl settings vertical sync=alyways off!

**don't know if this is the same with the radeon chipsets**

if this still doesn't work then download some sort of refresh fix such as reforce or nVidias refresh fix on www.nvidia.com

nvidia refresh fix is included in their latest detonator software for geforce 4

Best answers
You can always change your fps max in the config file in esf. But your system stop a max fps on it's own. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Revenger
4.2-20 max maybe more on lan by 5 fps

p3 550
128 sdram
nvidia tnt 2 32 megs (with no fan :shocked: )
17" monitor

anyone know how to get this special system to play command and conquer generals without always quitting out before i can do a damn mission????????
yo, i HAD the same system (apart from i have 666mhz) and i just went out and got a paperound. Now i have broadband, a new geforce 4 and am about a month away form 512mb ram...im getting there, slowly but surely :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im guessin im the only one playin on my pII... i only gte and average of 10 fps... but it varies fomr server to server...

Best answers
well, considering I have a P11 class box... your not the only one I get 2fps a second on it... and I have *coughs* 1)K6-300mhz (P2 beats it hands down...) 64mb of SD-Ram (crap!) and a 3dfx Voodoo Banshee 16mb 3D Accelerator (still crappy...) and yeah soon Im going to be getting a PCI Voodoo Banshee and SLI the chips... and I am Having Problems with the Half Life 3dfx Mini Driver... for some reason, the stupid thing wont let me go ESF nor half Life in that mode... (I want it 'cause it gives me more speed, and better image quality hehehehe better than OpenGL an D3D I think...)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
p4 2.53 northwood
GB-SINXP
1gig Mushkin pc3200 (dual channel)
Radeon 9700
1600x1400
always 100fps...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no GeForce 3 MX cards. Also, I get about 15-30 fps in the 15-20 players servers. :(
Pentium 4 1.6 Gigahertz
512 MB Ram
GeForce 3 ti 200 @ ti 500+ speeds.

Best answers
2.4Ghz P4
GF 4 Ti 4200 64MB
256 DDR 333Mhz

and I still hang around 60...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chris^1011
every1 havin probs with fps

1. make sure in console fps_max is 100
2. that u ahve disabled vsync- to do this bring up ur display properties, select the settings tab click on advanced
3. in ur advanced settings menu select the tab monitor and make sure its set to 100hrz - even if u have a 17" it will still do a 100 u just ahve to make sure it reveils wat it "can't" do
4.select the tab with ur graphics card name in it, select additional properties-open gl settings vertical sync=alyways off!

**don't know if this is the same with the radeon chipsets**

if this still doesn't work then download some sort of refresh fix such as reforce or nVidias refresh fix on www.nvidia.com

nvidia refresh fix is included in their latest detonator software for geforce 4
You cant force it to do something it cant do. Itll just goto the highest refresh rate available. Ive tried and Ive testing and I know.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
oh you can force it alright. if you got more advanced programs you can ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not if your moniter cant handle it. It may say its on 100hrz but it will only be on its maximum.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get approximately 10-40 FPS on internet games. I have never gotten to play a game with higher. All my comps have been below average. But coming in late June I get a new one and then I'll be in business.

No more 8 mb video card for me!

Best answers
Mine is 30-20
specs

P3 1ghz :cry:
384 Ram;/
Nvidia Riva TNT2 32bit (no supported T\L so no BF1942:( )

and would it be bad to up my refresh rate with my system specs? right now im going at 60hz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom