What do you smoke?

Do you huff and puff to blow the house down?

• Ciggerettes, 1-5 a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciggerettes, 6-10 a day

• Ciggerettes, 10-15 a day

• Ciggerettes, 16-20 a day

• Ciggerettes, 20+ a day

• Cigars ftw o/

• A pipe (heh)

• Illicit Substances

• I don't smoke.

• Total voters
Best answers
I tried cigarrettes once out of curiousity, and didn't like it. Ever since then I havent touched another one. I started smoking pot around 7-8th grade, although 8th was the year I REALLY started smoking, and well. I smoked because It was something to do, I used to do it with my friends, and we would usually have a fun time. Its good to set a mood for fun. If your with a bunch of friends hitting a bong. It gives you something to do, and allows you to be more relaxed, and joyful. I also started because it was free (for me at least) since I always had friends with some, but once they started to run out, and didnt supply anymore then I decided to quit. Ive always had a VERY strong will power, and have never found myself addicted to anything that I couldnt easily break. I even stopped bitting my nails (which is a very bad habbit for some people) because my female friend didnt like the habbit. Im able to stop things cold turkey like that, I guess its just me. Although occasionally if im just with friends, and theres some I wont turn it down. So in otherwords i dont go looking for it, but im very unlikley to turn it down as well.

Also Fire Pheonix, Marijuana has yet to cause cancer or any other health problems that have been recorded. In fact studies tend to show that marijuana is least likley to cause damage to your body when compared with other drugs, such as tobacco, and alcohol.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_57309
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth4.shtml
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I Joe!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
I tried cigarrettes once out of curiousity, and didn't like it. Ever since then I havent touched another one. I started smoking pot around 7-8th grade, although 8th was the year I REALLY started smoking, and well. I smoked because It was something to do, I used to do it with my friends, and we would usually have a fun time. Its good to set a mood for fun. If your with a bunch of friends hitting a bong. It gives you something to do, and allows you to be more relaxed, and joyful. I also started because it was free (for me at least) since I always had friends with some, but once they started to run out, and didnt supply anymore then I decided to quit. Ive always had a VERY strong will power, and have never found myself addicted to anything that I couldnt easily break. I even stopped bitting my nails (which is a very bad habbit for some people) because my female friend didnt like the habbit. Im able to stop things cold turkey like that, I guess its just me. Although occasionally if im just with friends, and theres some I wont turn it down. So in otherwords i dont go looking for it, but im very unlikley to turn it down as well.

Also Fire Pheonix, Marijuana has yet to cause cancer or any other health problems that have been recorded. In fact studies tend to show that marijuana is least likley to cause damage to your body when compared with other drugs, such as tobacco, and alcohol.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_57309
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth4.shtml
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I Joe!!!
2 things. 1. too much of a good thing is bad. Having weed on an occasion like hanging with friends or w/e is fine. You're going to do very little if any harm to yourself. Do it too much like all the time for example, you get screwed up.

2. And i'm not here to really argue, but i beg to differ
freevibe.com said:
Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception even in the short-term, as was found in a study conducted by Pope and Yurgelun-Todd published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. It can mess you up in school, in sports or clubs, or with your friends. Several studies, including one reported a few years ago in the American Journal of Public Health, indicate that if you're high on marijuana, you are more likely to do things that could embarrass or even hurt you-such as driving under the influence or engaging in risky sexual behaviors. For athletes, THC's effect on timing, coordination, and movement-which can last for several hours-can seriously hurt performance. NCADI

Over the long term, smoking pot can cause you to lose interest in how you look and how you're getting along at school or work. NCADI It can also be much worse for your respiratory health than smoking cigarettes; the amount of tar, carbon monoxide, and cancer-causing chemicals inhaled in marijuana smoke are three to five times greater than that inhaled from the same amount of tobacco smoke. (NIDA Infofax)
(note they got their info from a different source)

It's not good for you... period. Hence it's illegal. I'm in all honesty surprised cigarettes aren't illegal. Then agian, you have to be a certain age, so it must not kill you as fast *hint hint wink wink* Why make something that's "not harmful" to your body illegal? It doesn't make sense

Best answers
Well, I would deffinatley have to disagree with a lot of your points, but as you said this isnt the place to debate although, if you're willing to make a discussion thread about this, im sure we can continue this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to have to ask for a cut with the studies and point-counterpoint on weed. It will derail the thread and start an argument REAL quick. In fact it's already starting to, so let's just cut it here.

My point of view is probably the simplest to understand, really. Think about what exactly you are doing, when you smoke (anything). On the simplest level.

You pay a ****load of money and then they give you basically rolled up dirt and/or chemicals and ****, then you set it on fire less than 4 inches from your face, and suck on it for five minutes.

Seems like a genuinely piss poor idea to me. So I stay away from it. That's my $1.05.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I'm going to have to ask for a cut with the studies and point-counterpoint on weed. It will derail the thread and start an argument REAL quick. In fact it's already starting to, so let's just cut it here.

My point of view is probably the simplest to understand, really. Think about what exactly you are doing, when you smoke (anything). On the simplest level.

You pay a ****load of money and then they give you basically rolled up dirt and/or chemicals and ****, then you set it on fire less than 4 inches from your face, and suck on it for five minutes.

Seems like a genuinely piss poor idea to me. So I stay away from it. That's my $1.05.
Meh, i really don't think we started anything more than a discussion o.0

He took my arguement well and didn't flame or anything, and i told him that i disagree and gave reasons as to why. I also remember on the radio the anti-drug commercials and stuff.

But you have some logic there. I always stayed away from them because (from what i know) they are bad for you, whether it be very bad for you, or bad but not very. But that's a whole new way of looking at it. But yea setting dried up leaves on fire 5 inches from your face doesn't sound too smart haha.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rarely, but I do like me some cheap ass ciggars :p

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in all honesty surprised cigarettes aren't illegal.
The cigarette companies make too much money to simply allow their product to be prohibitted. Just watch though, public opinion is changing. Smoking was recently made illegal in all public places, including bars and restaurants. Last I heard, Alberta is thinking of following suit.

Theres even an effort here at the U of A to completely ban smoking on campus, but I dont see that going through any time soon. I figure a good middle ground would be to provide "smoking pens" for people who feel so inclined as to smoke on campus. These pens would preferrably be away from doorways and anyplace people walk. While there are lots of smokers who are very considerate and dont smoke around other people, for each one of them there are two that will smoke in front of you as you walk between buildings. These pens are for them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont smoke cuz if i would start smoking, i would maybe die in several days.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is about what you smoke, not why it's bad : /

about 10 cigarettes, tobacco.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I smoke anything flammable.

Napkins, pencils, clothes, small children, etc.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt also smokes ****, but he forgot that.

I have never smoked though, tis bad for your health, and mine is pretty shoddy right now to start with. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I smoke cigarettes very rarely. Might buy a pack every other month and it'll last me about a couple weeks.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I smoke about 16-20 cigarettes a day, plus maybe about 3 joints a week.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I don't smoke, but I can spell cigarette...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never wanted to start smoking, but i smoked dope so much when i was 14 i got addicted to the tobacco. Believe me its a stupid thing to do...

Oh and as for what i smoke, lucky strike or marlboro are the best cigs ever. I quite often smoke a 10 box a day, but some days i only have 1 or 2, but i have to have one before i go to bed or I wont sleep.

Best answers
Tryforce said:
i dont smoke cuz if i would start smoking, i would maybe die in several days.
Yeah, smoking is bad, but it would take longer than a few weeks to kill you. Unless you smoked hundreds a day, but I cant see anyone doing that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 years ago when I was about 12 or so, I just wanted to taste, soo I did, then I tasted it for 9 months and finally came to my senses after my asthma got worse and worse, now I have to freakin swim just to keep my health up, but now I enjoy swimming, I don't even know why I wanted to try it in the first place, but it's been a year or 2 since I last touched one, hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Yeah, smoking is bad, but it would take longer than a few weeks to kill you. Unless you smoked hundreds a day, but I cant see anyone doing that.
its proved if i would smoke actually like 4 weeks, i would get heart problems first, then after a week i will get cancer and then i would die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its impossible to prove that you WILL get cancer.

heart and lung disease yes.

cancer, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom