What do you consider a good fighter?

Best answers
Kai always makes me laugh.:) And I partly agree on some of his points.
As for melee only duels being boring, its fastest gameplay you can have in esf.
Beams only slow the gamephase down. But I can play both ways. And with beams its gonne be evil. :devgrin:

Europeans think usa players are arrogant and the other way around its funny. :D Altho the usa players I met were ****y and were sayed the best of the world and had 100 ass kissers, while they were nothing special. In that aspect I also think euro skill level is higher then usa. Im gonne get flamed for this. :laff: But then again because of ping differences and different play rules its hard to measure.

Back on topic I think a "pro" player should help other people because there is a huge gap between a noob/avarage players and a pro. Then again many players dont have the patience to become good. I played years and still learn and improve after all these years. When people ask for my help I duel them and help them, pointing out theire weak points. I always try to help people if they ask. But generally they get frustrated big time because they get beat into oblivion. Unless youre name is Sephize, we had countless duels and I seen him improve alot untill he once beat me.:\ Altho he needed scripts for it I still salute him for his determination!

Best answers
You're welcome on the euro server's anytime :)
Personally we all have prejudices. Europe and America just don't get along. Each group hears stories about the others and don't like them for it. I can get pretty pissed @ the generic beams. Imo they're worse than kiblasts, but I do use them in publics. I don't think they fit in duels though. Then again in Europe there are a lot more people that use them in cheap ways, so I doubt the American's have seen the worst playingstyle yet. Anyway genbeams and kiblasts in a duel makes it too boring. I don't see the skill in it, in the same way that I don't see the skill in adv melee.

But calling people that don't like kiblasts and genbeams sad is just your opinion. In my eyes you're the sad one.

Yeah Omni hehehe :D what was the score again? 20 duels won by u and 1 by me or something :D:D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i'll be sure to beam you several times every time i see you. not generic beams, oh no, but big kameha waves so the splash will take you out and whoever your fighting, then I'll beam jump everywhere.
Well, if you would only do that to annoy me. Then I'm afraid you are out of luck, i wouldn't allow you. More annoying thing is that someone does it on purpose just to annoy him / her.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough with the whole "American-style" and the "European-style", there is no such thing regardless of "popular" belief or "solid" evidence. There is only one style of playing a game and it is called, "your own style". In the whole time I've played ESF or any game for that matter, I have never seen one person I've fought use the same "style" as the last person I fought.

It's not the style, country, or Northern/Southern hemisphere that's beating you, it's the player swooping at you.

There's a point to everything in this game, if there wasn't a point then ask yourself why was it added? Beams were added for a reason, just like melee was. Melee is your close ranged weapon, beams are your long ranged/artillery. Why would you want to swoop across half of the map just to perform a melee combination on someone?

When you knock someone to the ground, why would you want to wait there for them to get up? The main thing on your mind is that this fight has to end quickly before the opponent gets the upper hand. If your the one who was knocked to the ground and got Ki blobed, well sorry to tell you but that is your own fault for getting knocked to the ground.

Granted, if you're in a friendly duel with someone that you would want to reframe from doing so, but in general fighting it's open season.

If you're too used to playing without beams, then more power to you. Just don't complain if someone uses beams on you, because that's how they chose to play, and that's how you chose to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Legacy4.Kai said:
Fire Phoenix -> Before we continue this lets put up some facts.
I'm an israeli resident. You can count me as a european player.
I beat every player in america, including your Idol.
I play all styles , Including our favourite Melee only style which actually takes skill without being able to kill you in 3 secs.
American style - > Hit hit hit beam | throw hit beam.
a more annoying style - > generic beam spam, I can easily hit you from anyplace with a generic beam and move away from you. <- This is what happends in the end when people start using beams.
2.) Out of the TOP 5 players I believe 3 or 4 are actually european and not american.
3.) Omni probably owns you with ease, so cut the crap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So for topic, People dont change their minds so quickly.
If you are having problems fighting an american , Just dont.
If you are fighting them and feels annoyed because of beaming, Do it aswell.
It's probably the easiest way to win anyway.
You can try and set up the rules of the duel before and thats it.
as a "Proffesional" player you should be able to use beams even though its lame and does not use any skill.
For anyone who didnt understand..
-> I play "Melee only" style with people who are proffesional enough to handle it.
-> Beaming is lame, ruining the fight and is mostly used by people who arent as good as YOU in melee and cant find the correct way to "make high damage" with it.
-> And btw.. fire phoenix, Scripting doesnt have anything to do with beaming.
its just another lame solution for people who cant use their own skill.

Loving.. ^
Saiyajin.K || Kai.
did you seriously just say you beat every player in america?

let me get this straight, every single player on esf in america that exsists you've beaten? whoa whoa whoa slow down man, youve never fought me, and if youve never fought me then how have you beaten every player in america?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Enough with the whole "American-style" and the "European-style", there is no such thing regardless of "popular" belief or "solid" evidence. There is only one style of playing a game and it is called, "your own style". In the whole time I've played ESF or any game for that matter, I have never seen one person I've fought use the same "style" as the last person I fought.

It's not the style, country, or Northern/Southern hemisphere that's beating you, it's the player swooping at you.

There's a point to everything in this game, if there wasn't a point then ask yourself why was it added? Beams were added for a reason, just like melee was. Melee is your close ranged weapon, beams are your long ranged/artillery. Why would you want to swoop across half of the map just to perform a melee combination on someone?

When you knock someone to the ground, why would you want to wait there for them to get up? The main thing on your mind is that this fight has to end quickly before the opponent gets the upper hand. If your the one who was knocked to the ground and got Ki blobed, well sorry to tell you but that is your own fault for getting knocked to the ground.

Granted, if you're in a friendly duel with someone that you would want to reframe from doing so, but in general fighting it's open season.

If you're too used to playing without beams, then more power to you. Just don't complain if someone uses beams on you, because that's how they chose to play, and that's how you chose to play.
If everyone had their own style then there'd me more then one style -.- contradictory much? Yes there obviously are euro styles and american styles. If you read through the whole thing you'd notice that in 1v1's american's use adv. melee basic melee generic beams and balls and ki blasts. Euro's only use melee, what kind i don't know but they only use melee. those are obviously 2 different' styles because if you were to have an american and a euro to fight, the american would be breaking "the rules" of the 1v1.

I agree with everything else you said though :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FP, I live in europe, and for ping reasons, most of the time I played in european servers. Like i've already said though american servers were my favourite to play in, so i've got pretty good experience in both. The good players in europe play exactly like the good players in america, there are very little differences in style which depend on the person, not where they're from. The way you describe the american players, is how i describe pretty much every good player i've fought.

Best answers
Think of it this way: if a guy can kick your ass without using beams then he's the guy who you should be talking about here.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
FP, I live in europe, and for ping reasons, most of the time I played in european servers. Like i've already said though american servers were my favourite to play in, so i've got pretty good experience in both. The good players in europe play exactly like the good players in america, there are very little differences in style which depend on the person, not where they're from. The way you describe the american players, is how i describe pretty much every good player i've fought.
You tell me one thing and someone else tells me something else o.0

Here's what I'm told. In everyday free for alls euro's do the same thing that americans do (like i've said earlier). In 1v1's euro's only use melee no beams. American's use beams. That's it, nothing more nothing less. That's all I'm saying. And the reason I've said it is because I find that boring. That's my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Best answers
The thing you got to keep in mind is that sky started this topic asking if it were 'honourable' to do this and that and what not (I can't be bothered to list it all from 3 pages worth :p) but his argument was flawed at the start because this is a game, honour does not matter as I'm sure kai is not as much as a bastard as he is in esf as he is in real life (sorry kai :p )

The whole point of playing online is that you fight the best you can, no bot can ever compare to how a human can play. So the whole point is not to be the nicest guy there is or ever can be but to just play how you want. So sure I’ll beam you on the ground if I can BUT does that mean I go around stealing candy from babies? I think not my friend....

You may say that it’s unfair towards the other player to use beams on the ground and that we should be nice and consider other people, these people obviously should go and take a red pill and wake up in the real world where the matrix can no longer haunt there warped mind. Being nice to other people in real life, is fair enough and I am a nice person in esf and in real life but I don’t have to be. I could be a right bastard in esf and get away with it, I could beam spam everyone and go “OWNED” afterwards (a guy called drew who comes from the u.s. does this, acts the big talk but is very bad at melee and gets to ssj and then beam spams all over, this is what I’m told happens in the u.s. but I could be wrong and I hope I am)

One final thought is that ki blasts do far too much damage at high power levels, not the ki blob but just the ki blast on it’s own and I think maybe someone should suggest making it have a damage cap of 2 hp so that while it does do damage, it’s not gonna be a instant kill.

And fire phoenix I’m starting to find the way talk less point based and more flaming kai at parts and while I am not kai’s best friend I can see the angle your doing it from is that he is from Israel and my best friend comes from Israel so I’d ask you to stop bashing the people as a whole and sticking to point based posts if you don’t mind

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some1 who can use beams the entire match without getting melee'd; or killed.

Best answers
Zeonix has a damn nice gen beam shot...pretty irritating when your going against it, but its hard to mimic it...it takes skill..and id rather be going against a gen beam than a kame...so i dont mind beams in fights solong theyre weak..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
Zeonix has a damn nice gen beam shot...pretty irritating when your going against it, but its hard to mimic it...it takes skill..and id rather be going against a gen beam than a kame...so i dont mind beams in fights solong theyre weak..
:x Fight LoKi before his internet goes away. God I hated fighting him because I knew that we he charged up a beam, no matter what I did, i was going to get hit by it. Don't know how, but I did =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, what i consider a good player ?

I think an good player is someone who can beat someone else without making some big business(beeing arrogant and that all) out of it.
And an good player is where gets beaten and also dont makes a big business(Flames around then) about it, instead he will see his flaws.

Also i think every attack where is ingame should/can be used in any style and match, when there are no clear rules saying: "OMG dont shoot me, im still recovering!"
Its good to use more attacks in the matches otherwise it gets to quick too boring. Just think of it, No use melee and only see Colored Balls and Beams fly around...boring, same goes with Melee instead of seeing colored balls fly around you only see small auras swoop around...boring ^^.

And i also shoot people where are still recovering. I fail to see the laming there.
I think i never fought an USA Player so i dont know if the styles where you all play are sooo different.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Everyones main problem seems to lie within esf's beams being cheap, no skilled, while doing tons of damage. If all beam damage was reduced to like 1/4 of what they do now (and also Frieza's trans'd lazer spam on weaker characters) , then everything would be balanced and fair. Basic melee damage is also high in my opinion, making fights way to short.

Best answers
skyrider ... i consider u a good fighter :D u never beam spam ... u never kiblob or g beam ... u were allways melee ... i appreciate a good fight and i hate beam spammers ... i also like guys that understand that im a bit rusty if they keep kiling me ... not those asses that call u a noob everytime when there fighting a trunks normal and there transformed boo :D lol and i also hate when ppl g beam ... or blast lol ...

and those who dont combo spam ... and can actualy hit arrows :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fire phoenix -> I beat sarutobi on the same day i came back from 6 month off.. so lets talk about "when he was at his best".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
whoever wrote that crap about "all" players, I mean every player that ranked himself pro.

and again, I'll fight you with any style, I'll fight you beams only if you want. I dont care..
anyway, There is a bridging server for Israel and America (My mistake <- Edit), hl2files.com
so tell me when and why do you think I should fight you.
and lets go :)
less talking.
Still loving..
Saiyajin.K || Kai.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess it's a fact that Americans hate Europeans, and Europeans hate Americans

Comparing Apples to Oranges really is impossible. Americans have their own way of playing and so do the Euros. I play melee only sometimes and I'm American. I bet there are plenty of Euros who play beam sometimes and they're Euro. Who really cares.

I don't think there is a "Best ESF Player"

Just play the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom