What do you consider a good fighter?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to agree that it is somewhat unfair to be hit from behind while you're fighting by somebody better than you. Three melee hits and a pair of relatively high PL gen balls later and you're dead. Yee-haw, we're havin' fun now.

Best answers
Sub said:
I think it's fine if someone throws gen beams / kiblasts at you while you're on the ground, I do it myself. It may sound harsh, but it's your own fault for getting hit in the first place. Like FP said, if you're playing in America and you get knocked on the ground, it's expected that you're going to pay the consequences. Knowing when and how to use gen beams / kiblasts in melee is a skill, too.

As for fighting as an ssj, I have no respect for players that do this. You have two times the amount of ki, speed, and PL, how is this not unfair? Unless the person you're fighting is vastly better than you are, you have no excuse to be playing as an ssj. One of the reasons I hate fighting in Europe is because a lot of players who are good at the game will transform and fight.
You're kind of contradicting yourself here. Ssj is a part of the game. Your fault for getting spanked around so much :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
The difference is that they can dodge it in DBZ, either with a teleport from the ground, jumping, or flying out of the area. ESF's splash damage makes this practically impossible without taking damage.
Like i said, you can do all those things in esf if you're good enough (minus the teleport from the floor recovery, but the jump is pretty much as good as you'll get). There's a reason you get imobilized for an ammount of time on the floor, it is a pentalty, and comes down to 3 things that are all your fault; you didnt watch your ki, you werent quick enough to press space, and you took the risk to fight near a surface when you should've known better. Those are all things you should be thinking about rather than "hey dont generic beam me while im on teh floor". The splash radius is being reduced in 1.3, but still any good player will be able to hit with a generic beam relatively accurately, and personally i dont like the idea of a generic beam doing more than 30 damage at any time, it shouldnt be that powerful.

This also applies to what sephize claims is contradictory, if somebody trans's and you dont, they have an advantage, which is a choice totally governed by the player who transformed, however being knocked onto the floor isnt down to one player, its a combination of both players, their skills and their brains.

Best answers
Il say basic only vs a good fighter now thats fun.. besides most pros just lame on pub servers. they usually change to melee only when theres another pro on teh server >.> and ssj sucks -.-' more fun untransed..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well beaming someone down while they are immobile/open is very DBZ like to me and usually I try to make ESF more like DBZ, whatever the consequences.

It is rather annoying when the player has an overwhelming greater amount of PL than you, so add the melee hits, contact with ground and energy attacks, you have lost a significant amount of health right there. But then, it's not like their not supposed to do that, and it also makes sense.

I try to incorporate beams (mainly other than the generic attacks) to attempt a more DBZ feel. And I am all for transformed fights because I find it a lot easier to keep up with the better players, even when they are transformed. But, if the person I am up against is significantly losing or I know I would have a greater chance to lose untransformed, then I usually don't transform.

I'm all for fairness in ESF, but since it is a DBZ mod, I try to play with a DBZ feel when convenient.

Best answers
basically he's saying that all the attacks are wussy except for 1 attack.....melee LOL

I know what he's trying to say, but that's just life. It's perfectly fair to beam someone when they're down. Hmm.....maybe we should compare this to Counter-Strike? If you throw a flashbang at an enemy, and they happen to be blinded. Are you going to kill them, or wait for them to get unblinded first?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drek said:
basically he's saying that all the attacks are wussy except for 1 attack.....melee LOL

I know what he's trying to say, but that's just life. It's perfectly fair to beam someone when they're down. Hmm.....maybe we should compare this to Counter-Strike? If you throw a flashbang at an enemy, and they happen to be blinded. Are you going to kill them, or wait for them to get unblinded first?
1. Your sigs rule and I love them :x (specially that second one and how your name is on it :eek:)

2. sky: think of it this way. If the guy you're fighting can put you in that position. (Flat on the ground or similar) Then one way or another he's probably going to beat you. Him using gen beams and ki blasts is just a way of speeding up the fight.

A pro's aim is to do as much damage as humanely possible in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
1. Your sigs rule and I love them :x (specially that second one and how your name is on it :eek:)

2. sky: think of it this way. If the guy you're fighting can put you in that position. (Flat on the ground or similar) Then one way or another he's probably going to beat you. Him using gen beams and ki blasts is just a way of speeding up the fight.

A pro's aim is to do as much damage as humanely possible in the game.
whats the point of blinding them if your not gonna kill them?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drek said:

whats the point of blinding them if your not gonna kill them?

Best answers
I think the perfect fighter has a balance betwen both Ki atks and melee although melee should be more commonly used however if u have a Tactical advantage (EX/ Gohan vs trunks: if gohan dominates all game with melee not giving trunks a chance to recover i think that would be over kill.. no if gohan were to combine melle then finish off trunks with a Kamehameha or a Power Beam that would be Fine) i consider Ki based atks to be more of a trump card then anythin else although i do like using BBA alot ^_^ but the point im gettin at is that A perfect fighter should be using all of his inventory not just melee or just Ki....if u want me to break it into a percentage ok
Melee:55% Usage
Ki:45% Usage

....so there are my thoughts
peace

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you watch the show, beams were used after long combos once the character has been knocked away, it was never hit-hit-beam, hit-hit-beam. I would like to see melee and beam hits do less damage, so fights last longer, and allow hit combos to be extended to compensate.

Another thought I had today would be to set up a "finish him" kind of thing for when you die in melee. Rather than simply dying, the player is down for 12 seconds or so. After which, they get a chunk of health back and can get back up. That is, of course, unless the attacker blasts him with something to make sure they don't get back up. Really, who ever died from a melee attack? I guess Freiza did, but that was a gibbing, which is different.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drek said:

That's horrid. How could you! You don't ****ing shoot someone when they're blinded in CS! It's just not right! It's not fair! They couldn't fight back because they can't see!!!! You're not a pro, you're a dishonorable person for doing that. I can't believe you'd even contemplate such a horrible thing.

Best answers
I meant blinded as in flashbang ^^""

btw...glad you like my sigs :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kamehameha's do a large ammount of damage, kill in one hit even.

does that make me a pro? i

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As I've seen loads of replies. I do have to agree to some people here, using energie wave attacks comes with the melee as well. But it is how you use it that would be laming, as for example. The person you are fighting is over 8 million, and you are only 3 million. A single Generic fully charged beam can cause then over 50 to 60 damange, perhaps even a one hit kill.

I'm not saying they shouldn't use beams at all. But using a generic beam jump all the time when you hit the oponent on the floor is rather getting annoying, wouldn't you agree?

Best answers
Yet in my opinion. Who consider a "pro", should fight like one. Honestly, sometimes i can't stand people who fight unfairly like this. Also they like to play in their SSJ State most of the time vs the un transformed people. Of course you'd say "they deserved their powerlevel to transform". True to that, but fair fight for them? I don't think so.
Your basically saying; Pro vs noob = unfair. Thats what serperates nubs from pros :p

You'd be a nub for not usin genbeam to earn a advantage to gain damage. If you got into fight inrl would you avoid hitting crucial parts of a persons body for the sake of being "honorable"?

How can they be a "pro" if they would only beam most of the time when someone is on the floor unable to move? That my friend, is not pro like at all. Besides, when you are laying there on the floor. Those "pro" people are charging a fully charged generic ball with beam jump which causes damange + the person can "run" away.

For me, you can call yourself a professional if you play fairly, without barely using any energie attacks. Being a pro is with melee, not causing extra damage with energie attacks.
How is that not fair? Your not good enough to hold space right before ya hit the ground?

If you LET them hit you on the ground, then you deserve to get beam spammed to death. IF i LET them get me into that situation, then i expect them to beam spam me to death. Do you know why? Because id expect them to pay me that same respect. If other players didnt do everything they can to beat me, then id feel pretty crap about my skill :(. Your asking for an "easy mode".

Id also like to point out that you'd be pretty stuipid not to take an opptunity like finishing somone while there on the ground. Unless your going easy on em, or your just stuipid.

Let me tell you. Being pro isnt playing with your opponents, but beating them. You cant beam spam a pro. All moves in this game can be countered. Learn to play?

Beams are PART of esf, get used to it. Only a nub wouldnt know WHEN to use a beam (only a nub wouldnt take advantage of openings). After all, a general doesnt order his men to die for the romance of honour. But trys to checkmate his opponents for the sake of victory :p.

Advice, start playing the game properly.

The only melee rule applys to only melee duels, testing there MELEE skill. Not there over all battle efficiantcy.

Conclution; being pro is not about playing nice. After all, it be stuipid for a general to charge in first after his men because of guilt for the loss of there lives, isnt that just stuipid? (those general examples are getting annoying).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Your basically saying; Pro vs noob = unfair. Thats what serperates nubs from pros :p

You'd be a nub for not usin genbeam to earn a advantage to gain damage. If you got into fight inrl would you avoid hitting crucial parts of a persons body for the sake of being "honorable"?
At least i am playing normally, barely using any energie wave attacks. Why? Because that's what melee people do, using their skills in melee. Using energie waves is not a skill, even a baby can do it.

How is that not fair? Your not good enough to hold space right before ya hit the ground?
Sometimes it just goes way to fast, not enough time even to press the space button key. I can play the game just perfectly thank you very much. I don't really want to hear "Advice, start playing the game properly." Have you EVER heard of angle hits? they HIT you on the top of your head, sometimes. It is even un-dodge able.

As said above, using energie waves is not a skill. Using 100% melee shows how good you really are. Not just by causing extra damange with energie attacks. And using 100% melee is also fun to do, at least you gain more skills that way by fighting your oponent without using waves.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you gain more, melee - only skills, but the game (and the whole of dbz), dispite your likes and dislikes has energy attacks, so you should have to learn how to deal with them, then you'll have real skills. Sometimes it is hard to press space in time, but then again - its your fault for taking the risk of attacking near to the ground. No angle hit is un-dodgeable, its a combination of what you and your opponent does, not just him.

Oh and just to let you know, if you let people angle hit you into the floor, I dont think people will have any trouble not including energy attacks against you and still winning.

Getting imobilzed on the floor is one of the easiest things to avoid imo, because like i said earlier, its based on so many things, if you keep them all in mind, its not hard to avoid.

Best answers
in my mind, pros can hold their own in a fight without resorting to cheap or repetitive tactics.

now i use both ki and melee, mostly melee, i hardly ever hit people while their stuck on the ground unless they start getting on my nerves and even then its only one or two times

the "its your own fualt you got stuck" is a bull**** argument, unless the person has split secound reaction times and full vision of whats going on around him at all times, most pros dont even have that going for them, then its ok to argue that.

the bottem line is that most of the players remind me of a t-shirt

most of the "good" players i come across have play patterns so fleshed out and repetitive that they can simply make a bot that does the same thing as they go watch tv or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom