What Cannes Film Festivel Winner's Novel Audiobook Are You Listening To Right Now?

Lid

L
These threads have to stop. They are adding nothing but non-existant postcount++ and the amount of people who reply don't even read the other replies, or at most the person above them if it's one of those "poster above you" threads which, like the versus threads, just lead to drama. LET THEM DIE.

Bolteh2

B
my mom

ps, what's the erotic fantasy you're having right now? + rate the fantasy of the person above you (thanks dask)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the point of this thread exactly? Surely it's worse than those 'spam threads'. I'm sure a mod will close a thread if they think it's useless (like Hibiki did with the song thread). Just because you've got a problem with one doesn't mean everyone should stop posting on them. If you want us to make intelligible, thought provoking answers, then make a thought-worthy thread.

Lid

L
Raven you saw the exact point, it is worse. It's here to illuminate the very problem that is being caused. By saying "you are doing exactly what they're doing" is exactly the response i'm looking for. Speaking of "leave it to mods" what happened to the forum and freedom of speech? Back in the old days if something started happening new posts complaining about it appeared quite a bit.

Best answers
I seriously doubt that it's your decision (nor should it be) of what thread should stay open and what should be closed or die. If your disgusted that much by a thread, maybe it's time to take a walk outside.

Lid

L
I'm not "disgusted"; it's a forum gripe I'm having and venting my opinion on without trolling the threads in question. Also about asking "I doubt its your decision" the forums do have a level of listening to the users, they don't rule by pure dictatorship.

Best answers
Let me ask you this: is it really that hard for you to not open these threads? Is your ego that big, that you are forced to click on these threads so you can see what music people are listening to, then no doubt mock those people in your head?
Freedom of speech is allowing these threads to be open, and allowing people to say what song they are listening to right now, or rate the signature above them. If you really think it's that big of a problem, maybe these aren't the forums for you.

Lid

L
I don't open the threads, the problem is when I have to look for threads inbetween COMMENT ON THIS LATER OF THE ALPHABET ABOVE YOU and JESUS VS JESUS' CLONE and WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO FROM 1996? Nearly half the threads are these and all they do is cause postcount++ and drama. You also seem to be having a big ego yourself by talking down on me just because I have a strong opinion on something that I have discussed for a long time in the irc channel with people like Hibiki. This post here is to put it on the forums.

Best answers
I'm the one with a big ego? Last time I checked I wasn't the one who put people down for the music they listened to, or any other reason you see fit.

And, for the record, you don't gain postcount in off-topic, and I'm pretty sure 'drama,' is allowed on these boards.

Lid

L
I didn't say you're the one with the big ego, I said you have a big ego. Aswell I said postcount again, as is stated in my firstpost of "non-existant postcount++" which are just wastes of bandwidth. Drama on these boards also isn't allowed as they degenerate threads into flame fests.

Best answers
I don't see how rating the signature above you or posting what song your listening to can degenerate into a flame fest. If rating xyz above you is really as harmful as you make it out to be, I'm sure it would have been banned a long time ago. I don't see a problem in these threads, but that's just me. Granted the threads asking me how I excrete, whether or not I pee in the shower are annoying, there's not a whole lot you can do about them except ignore/not post in them.

Lid

L
They're not all flamefests, they're just stupid. The song posting one was closed, and I think the same should apply to all of these threads.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know threads have gotten ****ty when one pops up asking how you poop. I'm with Lid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's a sign that the forums are beginning to die, make some interesting threads and breathe some life back into them.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Maybe it's a sign that the forums are beginning to die, make some interesting threads and breathe some life back into them.
Most interesting threads start contraversy. You can't have meaningful topics with this community. Some people are intelligent, and add things to a conversation, but others feel the need to force their beliefs on others, or flame, etc.

Lid

L
Yeah any thread that is actually interesting has been pretty much shot down as they degenerate to flames on the sides, because a lot of the forum members are unable to ever control their emotions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a sad but true fact that a large proportion of DBZ fans are idiots, and i'd say around 90% of this forums members are (ex-) DBZ fans. Annoyingly two of the untouchable topics are politics and religion, which are a basis for a large amount of intellectual discussion. I guess if you want some you'll have to look elsewhere.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I AGREE RAVENDUST.

I did it for the lulz.

Best answers
Yes I am also jumping into the past, weee...

Preach on Ravendust.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust is actually a really cool fella, I spent alot of time chatting with him back in the day, when he, raventrunks, rocky and I had all joined in 04.

Such a grand, minor posse that went under the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom