Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape

• Other...

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop arguing. I know nobody is getting angry...yet...but it's only a matter of time. The thread asks what browser you use and why, not why you hate the browser you don't use. Stick to the topic, please.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I just remembered this browser. It's called 3B, and it lets you browse websites as "3D cities." It's a gimmick more than anything, but it's pretty cool to check out for a few minutes, if only to see where the future of browsing might be headed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Mostly Opera otherwise Firefox or Konqueror...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another thing you can do to speed up firefox is:

1. Go to the place where you enter URLs (It should currently say http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=59616&page=2)
2. Click it, delete what it says now and enter "about:config" (without the " symbols)
3. In the filter, type "pipelin" (without " symbols again)
4. Now 3 things should pop up in the screen below filter, Make the first line "True" (just doubleclick it), double click on the second line and enter the value 8 (or something like that, it just means how many times firefox will request for the website), and make the last line also "True"

That should speed up firefox a bit aswell, atleast it did for me. Another thing you could try to speed up firefox, is try downloading a program called Firetune ...ermm...Ill...just...give the link: http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm , follow what it says and it should speed up your firefox as well.

Best answers
my animation in my sig explanes all

@Tryforce: ur sig is ownage that is so P.I.M.P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tips guys, I was wondering if anybody'd even noticed the post. :3

I'll try FasterFox first and see what it does.

In regards to FF's about:config mode, I'd like to know how these two:

network.http.proxy.pipelining

network.http.pipelining

..can help speed it up? How does that work? Also, will setting them to True affect my security? :eek:

EDIT: HOLY ****. FasterFox has increased my surfing speed by 50% or more. o_O IT'S SO FAST. Thanks guys!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DV13 said:
@Tryforce: ur sig is ownage that is so P.I.M.P
fo shure :p

wel firefox may is faster then all other browsers <_< but it cant reach every site ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firetune + fasterfox combo = fkn fast speeds for a dial up user such as myself. Was still fast for me when I was downloading the Opera installer (I guess it's this thread that makes me left to wonder & see if Opera really is that good and see if I can actually make any use of it's features as it is).

EDIT: Afte playying around with opera for a little bit, it was okay. The only thing that made me just say "**** it" was being so use to firefox & IE (afterall, what firefox user is not bound to use IE for something they need to do at some point?). The interface was nice (and so where a few skins), isn't as memory hungry as firefox (and also has simlar features, tabbed browsing being one). I missed a whole lot of my old school url shortcuts though such as ctrl + enter :(.

In the end, it's alright, but i'll be sticking with firefox. With a little more work Opera could improve and be better. FIREFOX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom