What ALL Maps Should Have

Best answers
I think that in ESF 1.3 There should be some weather in the maps or you should be able to turn that on or off like rain storms, snow storms, hurracains, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcano eruptions and those things would effect the gameplay THAT whould make ESF SO MUCH BETTER.....and all of you people know IT!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, there is already a map like that. And it decreases FPS like you wouldn't beleive. There are actually 2 maps. And both if you look at them your fps go down to like 20-30 this is a no no.

Best answers
They can fix that im sure they can. 1.3 really should have this it will really make the game better because I hear lots of people hate most of the ESF maps anyway to plain not enough detail need to be huge with life and interactions

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, this would be cool. But it's not possible If they made the maps huge, or added rain or thunder and lighting, then it would make peoples fps worse. The bigger the map the more the fps go down. And weather in a map will make it 100x worse. They can't change that. My computer is brand new, and it can't handle weather. It get's 80 ping if i look at all of esf_canyon. So I'm still against it. Unless you have proof that a semi-good computer can handle with 50 fps or more

::EDIT::

Life and interactions are deffinately impossible the half life engine can't support it. Though i'm sure hl2 can. What you're saying just isn't possible for esf. So they will have to continue to be "plain" personally i like them. Some are just too bright.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a command to deactivate visuals for lower end computers? It is doable but not worth it.

Best answers
I thought I already said that but I guess not thats also what it should have to be able to turn that stuff on and off because my vpu is an XP with a G-force graphics card so I think I might be able to handle it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doens't just depend on your GFX card. It has to do with your entire computer. If your computer can't handle the GFX card, then it's pointless. Your computer has to be fast enough, with enough ram. etc. The only thing that is "do-able" is the weather. But even that will make your FPS go down. Trust me I know. There are two maps made so far with "weather" implimented into them. My fps in both are very low.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
U can check it urself.... when u download amx mod and install it then u have to install the rain plugin! (hi_load_rain x )
I played once with it with my friend 0mega...And he started this plugin! It was lag as ......*
*i dont know how to tell it!

U only can play such maps with weather in lan games!

Best answers
My question is: what is the reason why all the maps have to have these things? :rolleyes:

Like the others said, maybe we can do it with HL2. So you will have to wait till that is published.

Best answers
halflife can't handle it i think HL2 can but i also think: not every map should have those things, maybe a few but not all, i like the idea to have maps with rain tornado, earthquake( every 5 min. ) and snowstorm...yeah... and maybe a heavy wind so you'll have to use turbo to walk through the storm... and maybe meteorite storm every 5min.... but halflife can't handle so another engine should have it like HL2 :]

Best answers
not sure about weather but more breakable items would rock :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can make rain, slow, sleet, hail...basically anything that falls in a similar pattern, you can make it rain blood if you so desire, you might be able to make it rain lava with a bit of custom work. You can have fog of any colour.

All the above can be done on CS 1.6 and Spirit of Half-Life, so it CAN be done in ESF, they just need to code it in, or copy the code from Spirit depending on the teams views on plagerism.

Other things like meteor storms are not possible, nothing with multiple breakables is, and the bigger the breakable the more it'll lag. Things like a few panes of glass is fine in multiplayer, and the tree models in outdoors maps, but not huge meteors, smashing mountains, etc

The nearest thing you'll get to a fully functional erupting volcano (lag free) is a picture of an erupting volcano as part of the skybox, and then have it rain ash and lava (in the same way CS 1.6 can rain or snow)

Best answers
weather is messy, the engine wasnt made to have weather, if it was you would see some odd func_weather brush entity, the weather effects take up to much space, resource wise, to be useable, especially in this game

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
storm v2 or whatever the maps name was, had lightning bolts, it didnt decrease ur fps that much and it was pretty cool...cant remember if there was rain in it to

But the hl engine is just to old to handle things like this...so it would not be very adviceable...but i can bet that there will come HL2 mods that will have weather effects

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
n_freiza has rain, and even with my sexy computer your FPS would drop to 20 or 30. It's HORRIBLE and it's not lighting. it's RAIN. It's annoying as hell

Best answers
I just downloaded n-frieza map mine goes just fine I even played a 4 way lan and all the cpus went fast maybe your cpu or connection sucks

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's LAN.

My connection is perfect, and my computer is brand new.

My connection is 400mb/s and my computer is 3.4 ghz 1 gb ram geforce 5200 or something like that. It's fine.

Best answers
I also played it on the internet when I made a game it works fine and no need to get so angry im sure if they did this you can turn the weather and earth effects on or off

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ultimate Trunks said:
I think that in ESF 1.3 There should be some weather in the maps or you should be able to turn that on or off like rain storms, snow storms, hurracains, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcano eruptions and those things would effect the gameplay THAT whould make ESF SO MUCH BETTER.....and all of you people know IT!
There is an AMX mod X plugin that is capable of this, but it looked crappy cause the weather effects only followed the area around the character. The rain was just blue streaks and you could outswoop the snow.

Nice rain effects are possible, but most people are too lazy to do it. I have seen many nice rain effects in Half-life, but none that were triggeable and still nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom