We're in The Zone

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the first thing that has me asking if that's what I think it is...

I can't tell if he meant "graffiti" in a sarcastic manner.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, really strange and scary stuff. I love the photo's though, I'm a big lover of decrepit urban/industrial area's, those photo's are a goldmine. Saved em all to my inspiration folder.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that was a pic of three people who had been burned into the wall.
In that case wouldnt the wall be black and the places where the people were white.

Since the wally would get burnt round the people who were there.

Im not really sure how you can do invert-color incineration XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In that case wouldnt the wall be black and the places where the people were white.

Since the wally would get burnt round the people who were there.

Im not really sure how you can do invert-color incineration XD
Let's pretend the wall was black beforehand. And also that someone detonated a nuke.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or maybe their ashes got incripted into the wall?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because the nuke that didn't go off messed with The Matrix?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still ive seen a lot of burn silhouettes on walls from varous objects (no human yet thakn god)
And they were all the same. The wall got burned round the object and not just behind an object.

Burning something onto the wall is allmost the same as the object casting a shadow, only the colors get inverted since the black area is round the object.

Even if the black is leftover ash it would still be to clean, unless someone would on pourpouse clean the wall, but leave the black are in tact. Allso the lines are not smuged enough to indicate a burn mark.

Allso the fact that the silhouettes are in the air rules out all possibilities of actuall human burn leftovers. it would look more like an actuall shadow projected onto a wall.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are we still pretending some kind of bomb or crazy heat wave took place there? Cause that's totally not what happened.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate that my simplistic assumption has created a pointless argument... don't worry about it. >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are we still pretending some kind of bomb or crazy heat wave took place there? Cause that's totally not what happened.
^ Thank you for reading my mind.

As for the pictures - wow. Chernobyl is a huge fascination for me, and some of those pictures give me goosebumps to no end . The chaos that erupted back then must've been.. well, impossible to put into words.

I found these two pictures especially creepy.

Looks like they were actually taught what to do in case of an emergency. It's a shame it was to no avail though. Most of those kids died from radiation poisoning. No gasmask will save you from that.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thinks cod4 sniper mission..

maybe those graffiti were done by some mutant artist O:

really nice pics.. gives a feel of post apocalyptic future and stuff

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. Chernobyl didn't go up in a massive nuclear explosion. There were smaller explosions and one hell of a fire and a **** ton of radiation flowed into the area. All of which could have been avoided if the russians hadn't cheaped out and built a legitimate containment shell, which was standard in reactors worldwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom