Well... Grades are in D:

Best answers
I dunno man, i hope so. I really dont know much about colleges and the education system, maybe if its true then my Self-esteem will shoot up. ;)

Maybe if i stopped Weight Lifting then i could shape up education wise, and hopefully still have a shot in gettin in U of M.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
You guys are lucky, I have...

1st. ADI (American Democratic Institution) - B+
2nd. English - C
3rd. Pottery/Sculpture - A-
4th. Geometry - D+
5th. Bio I - C
6th. Teacher Aid - CREDIT

I used to be the smartest person in my elementary school, then when i hit 7th grade, it started to go down hill, I got my first D there. Then 8th and 9th grades I got more D's. Now im doing "OK" but I dont think so.

Im doing bad in Geometry because of Proofs (****in proofs), but I decided that I need help so I stayed after for an hour and now I get them, and my grade is a B+ i think, but its only been 2 weeks since the marking period ended, so i will have to see what happens.

my bad grades in 9th grade really hurt my chances in getting into a good college, then I got this report card and I now realized that I cant go to the University of Michigan any more like I wanted, because I R 2 stoopid and that is really hurting my self esteem. Its been my dream to be a meteorologist ever sense I turned 5, I know a buttload about it already but the colleges dont care about that.
HOLY **** YOU'RE JUST LIKE ME O_O

Basically, I too was one of the smartest kids in elemtary school, Always getting A's and ****. Then came 7th grade and BAM, I got my first C and D (in science), and boy, it went straight downhill from there. Except 8th grade, I managed to upll through with solid B's and A's. But this year I'm ****ing up, and I'm probally ruining my chances of getting into a good college D:

Best answers
Kain, im a lot more like you then you think. ;)

Dont sweat it man, your lucky that your a freshman, if you catch yourself now and bring up your grades, then you can still have good chances into getting into college. dont do what I did and ignore the signs, you'll just **** yourself up and have to pay to go to community college relearning this ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense to anyone here, but I just thought that generally everybody got A's and B's in elementary school. It's not exactly the hardest thing ever. Ah damn, I miss the good 'ole days where I got a solid 100% across the board (Ok, so that only happened once but still :p). Although, I also remember going to school everyday, as opposed to nowadays where I cant remember the last time I've gone to a full day of school. Hmmm, might wanna work on that.

Oh ya, I was wondering too. What percentage is a D? Up north here, we go straight from a C- to an F, so I was just curious.

Actually, while your at it, why not through down all the percent/grade equivalents. Since you seem to have +/- for every grade, as opposed to our system where there is only a C- and a C+

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did pretty bad freshman and sophmore year because I didnt do anything (no homework, no participation, etc). My grades improved junior year but I doubt it'll be good enough to get into the college I was planning on going to. At this point, I'm relying on my SAT's. I got a solid 2100 the first time I took them, and I took them again this past Saturday. Hopefully I did better. If not, then I'll either go to a community college or join the military. I was hoping to become a commerical or a private pilot, but I got in my own way.

Best answers
PE - 56%
MATH - 61%
SOCIALS - 74%
SCIENCE - 84%

Best answers
Kain, you should calm down. You're averaging a B... props!

Mid terms are soon for me... Don't know what I'm getting, don't care... I don't even think it's possible to GIVE me marks for my classes.

I have Auto-Mechanics, which is essentially me sleeping. Save for a few tests which I've aced. I predict mid 70s to low 80s.

I have Welding class..... it's friggin welding class o_O

I also have coop.... I go to my placement and sweep the floors..... YOU COULD DAMNED WELL EAT OFF MY FRIGGIN FLOORS, SINCE I SWEEP FOR 3 HOURS A DAY!!!!!

If I'm averaging anything lower than 75, I'mma be one pissed off mother ****er.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Kain, you should calm down. You're averaging a B... props!
Thing is, my entire family always had a 4.0 (brother and sister) and here i come, bring two C's home. Ya, my moms ticked off.

The worst problem is: If I get anything below a 90.0% on ANYTHING, my parents are selling my PC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart, dont know if you noticed, but you double posted :X

Anyways, I'm kinda into the whole Tech thing, like I wanna learn how to fix computers, etc.

But my major goal in life is to produce a team of workers, and produce a massivly popular video game. Thats why I play so much, I play best games on the market, take the best qualities of those games and one day I'll make it into one uber fantastic game. YOU JUST WAIT *twitch*

Well, time to start my Science Essay prep,
(-_____________________________________________-)
^Asian skills :p

Best answers
Oops, didnt mean to double post. Yeah, i think I said I wanna be a meteorologist with a local tv station, then head for the big stuff (weather channel, NASA)

edit: there, double post is now single post >:X (<--- angry guy with sour candy in his mouth).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
The worst problem is: If I get anything below a 90.0% on ANYTHING, my parents are selling my PC.
No offense, but that's messed up. I got a 83% (not final exam btw) on Geography, and my parents, yes they think I can do better, but they won't threaten me with such insane acts.

Best answers
Don't judge, Bo.

I know an 11th grader who's got parents the same way... although he's harder on himself than his parents are....

Best answers
Kaination said:
I hereby give you permission to slap your parents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English - Composition: B-
Algebra II: B
Critical Thinking - English: A- (slacker class)
Physics: B- (w00t!)
ap World History: C+/B- (idk, I still have a test to make up)

Best answers
YearBook - A
Algebra(had to retake it cause i failed last year :s) A
PE - A
Auto Mechanics - A
Prep English 11 - C
Biology(had to retake this also, failed it last year) D
Desktop Publishing - A

I hate Biology and Algebra so much, but a good chunk of my class failed those two classes last year, so i guess im not alone.

Best answers
ahh lets see.... grade 11 mid term marks

math - 84
chemistry 84
Biology 93
Computer Science 88

not bad... something like an 87% avg..... im definitly aiming to get a 90 avg overall at the end of the semister!!

Best answers
Kaination said:
Thing is, my entire family always had a 4.0 (brother and sister) and here i come, bring two C's home. Ya, my moms ticked off.

They are doing whats best for you long term. Look at me. When i was in High School my parents were like "As long as you get C's or Higher, We dont mind.". In one point in my life in high school i went thru an "I dont care about my grades because the school thinks im bad ass and the girls love me" stage.

I took my exams and left them blank i didnt even put my name on it. I just slept in class. Sure i got a lot of girl friends (each only lasted a few days), but my parents where so pissed off they transfered me of the school and put me in a high school for "Special" people so i could catch up. (I had all F's) :tired:

After that, they put me in a Quick school where you can pass a grade in 1 semester. Lets just say that the only way i passed was because the teachers felt sorry for me

Where am i now you ask? Im 19 years old, im living in my parents house with no job and no chance at ever getting into collage. So if you get mad about your parents because they dont like your C's, Its because they love you and they are worried about your future.

Still nice A's though, Good job. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
german D (EU : 4)
russian C (EU 3)
English C+ (EU 3+)
Math B (EU 2)
Sport A (EU 1 )
Music A (EU 1 )
Physic B (EU 2)
History B (EU 2 )
Coding/Computer "not sure": C (EU 3)

... damn i´m sure i forgot something ... yeh well :-\ you see.. im not that kickass.

ahhhh Chemistry c (EU 3 )

same biology c (EU 3 )

at all 2,45

btw. kain ... you remind me on my old 6th-8th school grades (me 9th now)

my parents told me the same even did abit of it xD thought i didnt listened to em and did my thing.. nuttin happend :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom