Weird Crashing Due To Vtdisplay

Best answers
I just downloaded esf v1.2.3 i believe and installed it unchecked everything like the mp3, japanese voices and all that stuff, and began to play in an net game and it crashed...created a game i run around and fire a few shots and it crashes, so i waited and a message popped up saying VTdisplay Driver has stopped working normally and to reboot it. Any suggestions Please i really wanna play this game it looks great...Please!

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
reinstall esf or hl (steam if needed) then get the latest video card drivers that go with your graphics card (depending if your using an ati card - www.ati.com - or an nvidia card - www.nvidia.com - if that doeesn't fix it , then look for newer modem drivers or do a clean install of windows

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
since its an error telling you something about your display drivers, you might should update them (like saiyan overlord said already).

Best answers
umm..yeah lol i dont know how to do that...im an idiot...could you tell me how to do it?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant help unless we know your video card. What video card do you have?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
got your system settings window thingie, click System, click the hardware tab, click on the device manager button and scroll down to the point graphic card, open that thingie and tell us what it says there XD

Best answers
damn..ghetto computer..i dont have graphic card but i have display device is that the same thing? if it is i got a VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ohnoes , Via , the Crapzy platform/chip company (any one remeber the old cyrix chips , eh??) they own part of the sg3 company , just use the device manger , click on the gfx adapter and click on update driver , thou if you spend a little bit of money , you , you could go get a 6600 or something , they'll do you fine for a while , or if your real low on cash , get a 6200 and mod it to a 66gt (for those of you who need a guide on how to do that - www.digital-daily.com)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ph0bolus said:
damn..ghetto computer..i dont have graphic card but i have display device is that the same thing? if it is i got a VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP
:shocked: O_O
Uhm, your out of luck, you wont be able to play esf, Its a game that suprisingly requiers alot of resources. Sorry.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
:shocked: O_O
Uhm, your out of luck, you wont be able to play esf, Its a game that suprisingly requiers alot of resources. Sorry.
he may be able to play it if it's the sg3 card/onboard gfx chip i'm thinking of (those were great cards back in the day) the one i'm thinking of supports d3d & possibly opengl

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
via can burn in hell! i hate their dodgie chipsets (thou some gigabyte board based on a amd via chipset is sitting around in my room , waiting for me to upgrade my stuff so i can put my spare parts in it)

Best answers
damn..that sucks..i dont understand i play cs and half life just fine but this game and brain bread they crash..pisses me off cuz im kinda getting bored of cs and hl... :\

Best answers
dj ready when i go to that site and download it will that that broaden the chances of me playing the game?

Best answers
ok..i dl the right one i think but it still doesnt work...f****ing a man this computer pisses me off

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
a new record that i seen for continuous posts.. Double posting is a 'no no' here, but you doubled that...

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ph0bolus , edit ur posts , don't quad-driple post , admins/mods will warn you for that

esf and brainbread are both gfx intensive hl mods , you can put it that way
If i were you , go spend 150bux on a decent gfx card

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're having trouble finding which drivers to download, try emailing the manufacturers of your video card. They should be able to point you in the direction of the right drivers. However, this may take a little bit of time, depending on how much email activity they get. Still, I think it's a safe, easy way to make sure you download the right driver update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom