Weights

Best answers
All characters who carry training weights (goku, gohan, piccolo, krillen) should be able to take them off with a button other than z, available only once per round (map), and raises the PL by 1.2 times their current (perhaps raise speed a couple points), this adds a bit more dbz in, and makes one more thing for pros not to do. It is perfectly possible to have the weights stay on the ground for a few seconds at least (treat them just like bullet shells, this way at least no one will see them disappear) I know this is similar to the "training cape" thread, but I think this works a bit better in practice, as you won't need a certain PL to do it, but most people won't do it right off, because they won't gain much PL if they do it too soon.

(for those not skilled in the ways of math, 1.2 times is a 20% increase in power level, quite a bit for something like this.)

V'

Best answers
Balance is an issue here. I say nah to this. Do you really wan't to have Krilin faster than he already is? Do you want gohan stronger than he aldreay is? Do you want to be spammed out of the ass? No I think not.

Best answers
well, its meant as a very small, but visible increase in power/speed, should only change the tide of a battle if the two are evenly matched. Something similar can be done for pretty much all the characters, well, most of the other characters have stuff that can be added too - some have more transforms than the saiyans, such as buu, and frieza, if the androids are ever put in, something can be done w/ that for his transforms - the speed increase doesn't have to be there, its more just to put some character into the game, heck, just an animation would do, but then other people would complain about why its even there. 1.05 times power level maybe if you think its unbalanced, perhaps a 5 increase in speed, the numbers are not important so much as it being there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not just make them start with the weights off...

i mean no one would wait to take them off just as soon as u spawn pow take em off for a chunk of pl

Best answers
maybe they start in the game without the weights?
and the turbo is a small pl powerup

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Glenn
Isn't this what turbo is for?
I'm the same opinion
isn't it a permanent turbo ???
everyone would use it at startup

why do you want more powerups ??? this is only much to code and less in point

Best answers
If you use it as soon as you start as gohan (using the 1.2 one) it gets you to 720k pl, ok, a difference of 120k, now instead you use it at 16 mil (untransformed) now your at 19.2 mil, a difference of 3.2 million - see where waiting would pay off?

Best answers
Well if u think about it, when u use weights you gain pl faster, because actions are more difficult, so to prevent people from taking them off right off the bat, you should make it so that when you are wearing the weights you gain pl 1.2 times faster, thus giving incentive for people to keep them on...while it would kinda suck since those who wear weights would have an advantage...so im fairly neutral on the idea...it has its ups and downs

Best answers
Perhaps make it so the weights slow you down and make you weaker, but your pl goes up faster when fighting with them on. The would balance it quite nicely.

EDIT: Fuxx, I didnt read your post Brim lol :shocked:

But people wearing weights would not have an advantage; they would be slower and weaker, making them easier to hit and soft like bubblegum, but if they can hold thier own with the weights on, when they take em off it's pwnage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
calculator indeed
perhaps your confused let me try to help
heres an example
100 x .2 = 20
100 x 1.2 = 120

the 1.2 takes care of the addition for ya
the .2 lowers whatever your number is. to get it back up its just another line of original number + new number. which means more work. funy thing is i didnt use a calculator.

so if you want to take off these weights and power up your gonna need the 1.2 and not the .2, unles of course you want people to power down after they take the weights off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom