website design

Best answers
howdo. working on a website layout for a internet gaming clan called |BL| the design is about 90% complete just wanna see what u lot think of it :)

the jpg is 563K so if u on a low connection it might take a whilte.. .sorry. but it worth it. i have included a thumbnail also

click here to see full sized image >> http://omegadesignz.co.uk/bl2.jpg <<

comments / crits please

Retired
Best answers
it's not bad, I'm studying multimedia and stuff and we basically get stuff like this passing by. I think the only problem is the font, change spatiering (dutch), it means change the distance between the letters, boost it up by 1 px. also boost up the space between lines. and try using arial or verdana maybe. for more comfortable reading.

also it's not really friendly for low resolution users ;)

just some ideas maybe, I think the style is ok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the logo part on the left but it doesn't seem to fit with the other stuff.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah... the image on the left is superb. the other side seems to clash with it though XD

7/10

Best answers
Logically I think the font does fit. If you're going with some kind of super-technical computer mumbo jumbo, the DOS font and layout of the text makes perfect sense. But why are you using all of that graphical mishmash? I ask for two reasons: 1)You never anywhere say what the initials BL stand for. That is vitally important to the layout and design of your site. If it's Blue-Suede Loafers, then where is all this red computer stuff coming from? You see what I mean? 2)Where does the theme of Team Fortress enter into a flood of tiny type and the Batman and Robin font? Visually I think you should tie that in more. Say with weapons or tanks or military symbols that would jive in that game (camoflage, rank bars, service insignias, volatility warnings and so on). You don't have to be so literal with it, but I think that would be more sound from a design standpoint. I think you could very easily keep the text and functional points as is if you just better adapted the logo and imagery.

Best answers
looking good there -lynx-, i like the whole thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom