Wear Yellow..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone wearing one right now? I am. I bough 10 for 10 dollars, and gave them to mah friends. ^^. I'm gonna either buy the pink one, or the green one.

Yellow band = Live Strong. ( Cancer )
Green band = Support the Troops.
Pink, = Uh, I forgot

The Bands show you that you support certian people with the certian colors. D:

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want a pink one and you dont know what it is? lol. The pink ones are breast cancer, but you can get them in different colors also.

And yes, I have a yellow LiveSTRONG band.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can someone explain to me how wearing a band is gonna help anyone? i always thought donating £10 a month to the cancer research fund helps...but if wearing a band is better ill do it >_>

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The money is used as donations for research you need to buy the band. The band shows other people you donated and might make them donate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buying a band is just donating, but with proof to show everyone else that you did so (so that it's not a totally selfless act).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a yellow one a while ago, but my cat chewed on it and ripped it. SO than I found a pink one.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have/had a black bandana that I got last year at school. I'm sure its around somewhere, I don't wear bandana's and therefore I won't where this. I just bought it cause I could.

I don't think the colour represents anything its just that the black one looked the best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought yellow was to support our troops, and pink was for breast cancer :\. I never seen green befo ;o.

[me wears pink]

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, these things are pretty popular, but at my high school it's become more of a fad then caring for the cause, kind of like those dumb WWJD bracelets...hopefully it's different outside high school life. D;

Best answers
Not really Mag, its just like those freaking stickers on cars

Everyone and their mother has one, and it really lost its significance, now its more of a fashion statement

To give and not be recognized for it is to truely give from your heart, if you honestly are giving to an organization from your heart, you need no recognition for it

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're starting to get big in Canada, and I think people are starting to turn them into a fad here. When I bought mine a few months ago, I think I could honestly say I was the only person on my campus wearing one. My mom fought cancer a year ago so it has kind of a personal meaning.

But now Canada is following suit, it's just a trend now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, they're turning into a sort of a fad here, too. I've seen some of my teachers wearning them, and I've seen kids with more than 8 different bands on each arm. o_O

I have three of them myself, but I only wear the yellow livestrong band. I also have a grey diabetes band (my sister has juvenile diabetes) and a camouflage "support our troops" (I'm a bullheaded republican =D) band.

Best answers
Don't have any. I'd rather spend my 2 bucks on a lump of assfat than donate to some charity to which I have no idea where the money is going.

It's more or less a fad, just like the WWJD bracelets. Most of these bracelets are just attempts to make profit and I'm sure a lot of them don't even go to charities, or, if they do, go to charities that would give less than 10% of the profit to where they advertise it to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom