We pwn the world at hockey

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey,

anyone else watch the World Junior Hockey Championship final last night?

Canada VS. Russia

Damn good game, we finally won the world juniour after going 7 years without a gold. 6-1 was the final. This was probably the best junior team we have ever had. I dare say it may be the best the tournament has ever seen, all the upcoming Canadian talent for the NHL will be rad.

I was glad we pounded Russia, I'd have liked to see the Americans take home a medal, as much as I hate them for beating us last year, I still have respect for them, plus they were the host nation, and no one should have to lose to them damn Russian players. So ****y. but we showed'em, taking out that Ovechkin kid. He may be great, but he needs to learn class and to play a team game.

Anyways, we now hold all the world titles for hockey:

2002 Winter Olympics: MENS
2002 Winter Olympics: WOMEN
2005 World Junior
2004 MENS World Championship
2004 WOMENS World Championship
2004 World Cup Of Hockey

It shows our utter dominence in hockey, but the Americans are up and coming, and I dare say they can compete.

Russia needs goaltending, and class. Sweden has loads of offense, but needs to work on their defense and goaltending I think. The czechs keep getting better...

Anyways, I didn't make this to glout, cause I respect most other hockey nations, I just think people might want to talk about some hockey, as we've been without the NHL all season, and it isn't looking good :(.

Talk about the tournament, or other international hockey tournaments here!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im from canada and all i can say is that im very pround that our jounior hockey team dominated, im impressed.

Best answers
mm. Canada rules you all at Hockey. Its *our* sport. \o/.

Makes me that much more proud to be a Canadian.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though I haven't been following the tournament too closely, I am pleased to hear how they did, as I know one of the players, Cam Barker - he was in my Classical Studies class in grade 9. It was a pity to see him leave the school, but it appears he has gone into bigger things.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... at least the NHL can't effect the International Tournaments.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Well... at least the NHL can't effect the International Tournaments.
It's a juniour tournament, the situation in the NHL would have no affect whatsoever \o/.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
It's a juniour tournament, the situation in the NHL would have no affect whatsoever \o/.
Yeah, it is run by the IIHF, the NHL has no grip on that. Although the NHL has agreements for certain tournaments (namely the olympics, that NHL players are the eligable ones to the tournament, same for the world cup, and world championships, but with no new CBA, it doesn't matter, as the agreement is off, and anyone is eligable.)

Maj: Cam is well on his way up, but he suffered a big proplem during the tournament... mononucleosis. He was sent home after the third game, to undergo treatment and such, it really sucks, he was easily one of our best defensemen.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Thank god. I needed some Hockey, or I would have passed out =o

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats what it's all about people playing hockey for the love of the game not some big fancy paycheck ;). But good going it was a good game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you mean ice hockey or normal hockey?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations Canada. I think you guys should use that pure force to take over America sometime in the future. I wouldn't mind serving under a fascist dictator if he was Canadian bred.

Almighty_gir said:
Ah, how wierd, I always consider Ice Hocky the normal kind and the field or roller hockey not normall.

Best answers
We all know Canada rules at hockey.

But hockey sucks.

Congrats to them though.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
Normal hockey is played on the ice. Certain rules are different in international games. north american and international rules are slightly different, but all the major titles are international.

Best answers
I sure as hell hope Canada pwns the world at hockey, you people invented it after all. Canadians should know more about it than anyone else right?

I wish ESPN/2 would cover more hockey games, to fill the void. Man I miss my Wings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maj: Cam is well on his way up, but he suffered a big proplem during the tournament... mononucleosis. He was sent home after the third game, to undergo treatment and such, it really sucks, he was easily one of our best defensemen.
He must have been having a good time between tournament games...I mean mono! Sucks he couldnt play, but we faired okay without him. We didnt play a single second of the tournament not ahead or tied in scoring.

Those Russians were out skated and out classed Tuesday. I burst out laughing at one of their forwards. When he crossed the blue line he was immediately surrounded by all five of our guys. Couldnt pass or anything. ...that was great... :laff:

I was rooting for the US on Sunday(?). To be honest, I wanted to see our guys take another gold from their grasp, but alas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom