Water kiblop bug!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
when you are in the water, and you fire a kiblop, ( in the water ) and UNDER water, the kiblop doesnt do any damage to you!

Best answers
That's because it doesn't blow up. I believe it's meant to dissapate if fired under water. Electricty/energy (whatever name you want to give it) doesn't manifest very well when created underwater.

Best answers
No, it's a bug. Explosions do no damage underwater. A kame blast going off doesn't kill someone in the water, underwater or not. Same with kiblob.

Basically, radius attacks treat 'water surface' as a blocking material for damage, not just 'solid surface' by itself. It's a coding error in the trace function to check if radius-damage reaches a target or not.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
is it possible that it can be fixed?

Best answers
Only by the coders, of which I'm not actually one. :)

I just know about this problem because I ran into something similair back in the Quake2 days with the Gloom mod.

Best answers
Yea, it is a bug. Because if you can Kamehameha under water and do damage, why doesn't killblob do any damage?

Best answers
Hm... i just tried it on esf_namek, esf_island and esf_riverside. The only time my ki blob doesn't do damage, is if i create one with only 2 kiblasts (both under water as in air). Isn't this just a prob of making a too small kiblob, instead of not getting damage underwater?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
nop, i blasted the kiblop to full

Best answers
Hm... then what map do you use? I can't find a standard esf map that let me create a blob that big, and still keep it underwater.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
well. i used that guru namek map!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it is a bug and i beleave hars is fixing it and should have it fixed for beta 1.1 patch but then again with bugs u should never get ur hopes up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom