Warhammer Online

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this game yet.

So, who's going to get Warhammer Online?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Might be good to show some information regarding the game as well for the people who don't know anything about the game.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm looking forward to it :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I first heard about it, I was uber excited, but the more I learned about it, the less I cared. Had they gone the Dawn of War route instead of full blown fantasy, I would've bought 4 copies. There are a million fantasy mmos as it is, so I don't really understand why they chose to encroach on WoW territory instead of focusing on the sci-fi aspects of Warhammer.

Champions Online is really the only MMO I'm looking forward to now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i kinda agree with Nix' but the Warhammer player in me can't wait to run around as a jedi kni... i mean, swordmaster of hoeth :p

Best answers
I think it looks pretty amazing, I preordered the CE edition the week it came out. Although champions online does ALSO look amazing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you gonna use the CE miniature? cos i didn't order it in time, i might be interested in taking it off your hands.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking High Elf nuker... or one of those 10 foot onslaught looking freaks.

It's gonna be WoW without the 'ghey'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to be an Empire Warrior Priest, Chaos Marauder / Chosen and Black orc.

Don't know if i will play it for long, though - depends on my guildmates as well.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to be a Warrior Priest.

Don't know if i will play it for long, though - depends on my guildmates as well.
I also find the Warrior Priest (uber Paladin) class appealing...

Sep 18th can't come any faster...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
play.com buggered up my CE order, and thus i lost it. someone send me there ork minature so i can add it to my orky army!

ive had it preordered for aages now, and being a warhammer junkie couldnt wait. but all these cuts and similar mmo's falling flat on there faces has left me somewhat unnerved about how this games gonna pan out on release. nonetheless i'll find out. more looking forward to champions online though currently, considering i'm still playing COH now from all the way back in closed beta

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm completely with Zeonix on this one. Why go and screw yourself by putting yourself up against WoW rather than competing with weaker and less played out MMOs like Tabula Rasa. How different is a warrior class in this mideavil fantasy game going to be from the warrior class in that mideavil fantasy game? Not likely different. Not likely different at all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
while i kind of agree, the success of WAR is pretty much guaranteed. everyone i've spoken to at my local GW wants it, so does everyone in the next nearest store. GW has one of the largest, if not THE largest tabletop fantasy fanbases. so if they bring something out that accurately reprisents the game, then it will fly, and it will fly far.

i just wanna mung on a bloodthirster :p

Best answers
Holy crap this come is fun. I spent FOUR hours on level 8, and it's not because I had to, and not because I suck. I was having too much fun doing a PQ, which turned into a war, player dwarves came in and started helping the public quest mobs and it turned into a brawl. heck that probably even would have BEEN good exp if i were in one of the groups.

Also scenarios are a lot of fun, and it's really cool that you can que up for em anywhere, and it just teleports you into the scenario when it(and you) are ready, then drops you back exactly where you were.

I'm gonna be keeping my miniature, I like it for collectors value and I actually play warhammer, sorry guys :(.

I had much more fun in the first 10 levels in WAR than i EVER did in my 2 and a half months WoW.

edit: Also the inevitable city is a very cool place, but it lags my crappy computer

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll see how it holds up over time. Conan sold more copies in its first month than WoW but subscriptions have fallen off in the last month since they started advertising Lich King again.

Best answers
No conan subscriptions have fallen off because the game is terrible. EVERYONE i know that played it, even the ones that were excited for it and liked it the first few days hates it now. I don't know if WAR is going to be the WoW killer(it should be because it's way way better than WoW) but it will be successful, the game is very polished, very fun, and FULL of content. The problems with the game are pretty minor and should be easy to fix, and have been consistently getting better according to closed beta players.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh...well, if you like the closed beta, I suppose I'll just go out and buy it when it comes out...

http://www.massively.com/2008/05/05/player-vs-everything-age-of-conan-closed-beta-impressions/

So what's my final decision, after spending almost two days playing with the closed beta client? Simple: Age of Conan is everything I was hoping for and then some. While it definitely still has some bugs and issues that need to be addressed, Funcom has a seriously awesome game on their hands.

Wait, what?

Yeah, **** that. I'll wait a year and see what people think of WO before I even consider looking at the back of the box.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll be playing it soon after release.

my classes of choice will beeee:

White Lion
Witch Elf
Chosen of Chaos

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm completely with Zeonix on this one. Why go and screw yourself by putting yourself up against WoW rather than competing with weaker and less played out MMOs like Tabula Rasa. How different is a warrior class in this mideavil fantasy game going to be from the warrior class in that mideavil fantasy game? Not likely different. Not likely different at all.
while i kind of agree, the success of WAR is pretty much guaranteed. everyone i've spoken to at my local GW wants it, so does everyone in the next nearest store. GW has one of the largest, if not THE largest tabletop fantasy fanbases. so if they bring something out that accurately reprisents the game, then it will fly, and it will fly far.
Exactly, the Warhammer franchise is huge and everyone who goes to Games Workshop now and then will definitely buy it. So the initial success of the game is pretty much guaranteed. As for a non-fantasy Warhammer MMO (40k), that's in the making as well.

As for me, I'll definitely give this game a shot... although I'm not keeping my hopes up. Who knows, we might be in for a surprise.

Last edited:
Best answers
I WILL be getting this game, and I'll be making a Warrior Priest, and a Chosen of Chaos.

They both look bad ass and I'm not sure which I will go with yet. Destruction looks a lot more bad ass though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom