Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War

Best answers
any one bought the game or played the demo what did you think of it?
if any one plays it look out for me game name nabeshin_H_T.
i read the manual and the credits had Scot McNeil (piccolo from DBZ) listed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought this game the other day, and I love it. It takes the focus off of gathering resources and makes you go out and fight. All the races are pretty cool, and they all play quite differently, plus it's got such a gritty and violent atmosphere that just sucks you right into the game (The opening video is probably one of the coolest things i've ever seen).

And apparently its some sort of table top game? I dunno, i'm not into those things, but this RTS version of it is awesome. If you even remotely like RTS games, then I urge you to go buy this right now.

Best answers
And apparently its some sort of table top game?
yep its a well known table top game my brother played it.
its hard to believe that this game is good,because there already were a few warhammer 40.000 games and they all sucked pretty much,just play "firewarrior" and you´ll see its crap.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ign gave it a decent score, but i like to hear other opinions too

Best answers
Played the beta. I think it's absolute garbage compared to Warcraft 3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BAH! I feel the same way aboat W3 in comparrison to DoW. I'm tired of you W3 elitests. It's NOT that great.

Relic hit a winner with this one. A Nice way for them to follow up after the Homeworld series, and Impossible Creatures.

I'm going to buy it some time soon. Probably off the internet.

And all the custom Homeworld 2 badges I have WORK in DoW.

So I have my custom paintjob already set up. Heh heh heh.

Gottta be Chaos Marines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warcraft III is, so far, the only RTS I ever played that actually allows for STRATEGIZING...if you don't play it like a ***, that is. All other games should have a different genre: real time rush-******ry.

I never played this game, though. I never even heard of it, actually. For some reason I feel a hunch that there is an orc-like race in this game, though. Is there?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're Orks. And no, they weren't invented for this video game.. The Warhammer 40000 universe is well established, and the Space Marines/Orks/Eldar have been around longer than the Orcs in the Warcraft universe.

Best answers
Warhammer rulez :p i use to "play" it on table but i sucked cus of all the strategic elements :p i got pwned :p hehe

tho if i am going to get this game i sure wanna be Space Marines (blue) :pthey pwnz all! and the orks is wird :S their stuff is just retarded :p haha... but they're ok... probably quite strong too ^^

Best answers
Mortenl said:
Warhammer rulez :p i use to "play" it on table but i sucked cus of all the strategic elements :p i got pwned :p hehe

tho if i am going to get this game i sure wanna be Space Marines (blue) :pthey pwnz all! and the orks is wird :S their stuff is just retarded :p haha... but they're ok... probably quite strong too ^^
so u like the ultramarines there cool but i like my SM chapter Fox Hound. the Orks have the most devasting creature called the "Squiggoth" (huge creature cross between a rino and a elepthant) basicly unstopable. u can all so download battle report form other players (avg size 300 Kb) playing online and see thier mistakes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I broke down and ordered it off of EBGames, so I should have it but wensday or thursday or so.

I've come up with a number of custom Chapters. Ufrotnuately, I can't properly make Banners.....so it's badges only.
My main four are.

the Black Plague: They used a Biohazard Badge I got for the, and are all black with red eyes, and for their banner, they use that one Skull. When I get the full version, I may just make these guys Chaos.

The Order: A Religious Order they beleives they are the true elite of the empire. Light colors, mostly white, with blue and other accetns, Golden Eyes. I got a Modern Day Airforce Eagle for their Badge, you know....that Star Eagle, and they use the Dark Angel banner.

Angels of the Order: Basically the high elite of The Order: ALL white, with a tint of grey on their Secondary to help the badge show. Same badge and bannder as the Order.

Fallen Angels: These or former angels of the order, cast down for any mulititude of reasons. They banded together and formed a rouge chapter. Same Badge and Banner. THey are all black save for Gold Eyes.

SHouldn't have gone into depth...and i have more.....bu those arethe only ones that matter.

Best answers
Arthos said:
I broke down and ordered it off of EBGames, so I should have it but wensday or thursday or so.

I've come up with a number of custom Chapters. Ufrotnuately, I can't properly make Banners.....so it's badges only.
My main four are.

the Black Plague: They used a Biohazard Badge I got for the, and are all black with red eyes, and for their banner, they use that one Skull. When I get the full version, I may just make these guys Chaos.

The Order: A Religious Order they beleives they are the true elite of the empire. Light colors, mostly white, with blue and other accetns, Golden Eyes. I got a Modern Day Airforce Eagle for their Badge, you know....that Star Eagle, and they use the Dark Angel banner.

Angels of the Order: Basically the high elite of The Order: ALL white, with a tint of grey on their Secondary to help the badge show. Same badge and bannder as the Order.

Fallen Angels: These or former angels of the order, cast down for any mulititude of reasons. They banded together and formed a rouge chapter. Same Badge and Banner. THey are all black save for Gold Eyes.

SHouldn't have gone into depth...and i have more.....bu those arethe only ones that matter.
banners are 64X96 pixels

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I looked up some screenshots. The game looks pretty good. Is there a demo around? Sailor Tampax, down girl; I just vaguely remembered seeing an ad on gamespy with an orc-like thing in it, was all.

Anything with any form of orc in it that isn't Lord of the Rings is A-OK in my book.

Bolteh2

B
/me hopes for a warhamemr fantasy version of this game...

never liked 40k

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love it, they did a great job to me, i love the ork team immensy.

There is a demo if you look about, it has single player and skirmishes, with only marines, though you can play with the files and unlock orks, termies and landraiders.

Overall, if you want mass war that you can pause and look at the beuty, this is for you, its graphics are great and the online gameplays fun too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't think that game doesn't focus on strategy, it's actually quite a strategic game. It just doesn't focus so much on gathering resources.

Basically it works like this, the main "income" is requistion points, you get them by taking strategic points across the maps. You capture it with your infantry, then it increases the requisition points you get. Your always getting req. points, but you need to go out and secure more strategic points if you want to actually get them fast.

Then there is power, which you get by building generaters, you also get power automatically, and the more generators you have, the faster you get power.

So the game focuses on getting you to go out and be aggressive, because if you just sit in your base and turtle, then you'll never get any strat. points, and you can't build things. It makes the game much funner.

Also, get teh demo at fileshack, it's just like fileplanet, only the lineups are half the wait, and you download at a constant 100kb/s(the download cap). Well, with broadband that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ive been playing warhammer and its spinoffs on the table since i was 9...so 10 years now hehe... the only thing that this game wont have for me, is the creative eliment, i loved to paint them, even came 3rd in the under 14's golden deamon :D

but anyway...im buying it tomorrow. if its real time strategy then it should be good, although im also interested in how they would "port" the rules of a turn based tabletop game...should be fun...

anyone know the limitations on modeling your own army with 3dsmax yet?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is friggin awesome. If you think that strategy isnt involved, you're not playing the right game. In order to beat certain units (some of the mechwarrior type units for example), you need the right equipment. This game removes the "horde resources and defend one area" mentality, and makes you want to create an army that can dominate everything the enemy can throw at you (they have some strong *** units; some of which arent even affected by your weapons unless you're fully upgraded). God i love this game. Im only up to mission 3, but the battles in skirmish mode get pretty intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom