Warcraft Movie to be Directed by...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like him either, and I never said I did. I just find it funny how a multi million dollar movie director, and famous might I add, is 'terrible'.

If I made millions directing movies that you all thought were bad, I honestly wouldn't care. I'd be rich.
While he made broad generalizations about gamers here, I bolded an important point of his:

"To be honest, the real gamers are the typical download guys, right?" Boll reasoned. "They don't pay anything for movies, because they illegally download the movies. So why [should I] please these guys? I need the normal audience."
Gamers are kind of a niche audience, and definitely aren't the greater part of all movie goers. This quote also gives his agenda away, that his target for movies aren't gamers but the general audience. Granted it's apparent the general public aren't too fond of his movies from the reviews either, but I can name a few people who have loved at least one or two of his movies regardless of what critics have to say. He gets his paycheck and that's what matters to him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He gets his paychecks while the movies he directs run at a great loss. Most or maybe even all of his movies' grossed much less than their budgets. He's a disgrace to all directors/producers. He makes even the worst of Directors seem like gifted professionals, he's taking it too far by trying to convert great games into horrific movies.

I would prefer to see a movie based on Warhammer too, but I guess this could be cool, let's hope they don't screw it up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. It's a cool universe, and it's awesome that the games have so much lore to them, but the lore itself is very bland and is pretty much just paraphrased from other high fantasy sources. While I also think that Starcraft would make a much more awesome movie, you can understand why they're doing it with Warcraft when you take WoW into consideration. Plus people would just draw parallels between Starcraft and Aliens given the biology of the zerg. Protoss add something cool.

Either way, the fact that Warcraft "borrows" so much from other high fantasy, might make it a better box office hit. People are familiar with Orcs and Elves to begin with.
starcraft draws a lot from warhammer 40k :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom