Wanting to upgrade mobo + cpu

Best answers
So my comp has been bleh for a while now. I was thinking of getting the Core 2 Duo either 2.4ghz or 2.66.
However, I don't know how to go about searching for a decent motherboard. I'm looking at a price range (on the mobo) of... hopefully below $200, if possible. Can anyone suggest a relatively cheap but good board? Help :cry:
If you need any more information to go about choosing... I'm here.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If your wanting to change your mobo and cpu youll most likely have to get new ram and video card. Unless you already have DDR2 ram and PCI-express video card. If not you might as well built a new system.

Where do you planning on buying online or local Computer shop?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If you really want to save money and upgrade, go with an Athlon 64 platform, Athlon 64's are so cheap at the moment its not funny! And PCI Express/AGP doesn't really matter either, just grab a board with both! problem solved!

I was actually looking at a package on ebay, as my old Athlon XP 3000+, 1024Mb of ram, 200gb Sata HDD is going to be given to a friend as a birthday present. And found a good system for its price!
Its an:
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (Socket AM2)
1024Mb of DDR 2
200Gb HDD
for only 480 bucks. (Australian currency).
Then Later on I will pick-up a Geforce 7 7900GS or something, when they drop down in price, Then my other half wont be continually stealing my laptop when I go to visit ESF or play StarCraft :p

Users who are viewing this thread