viva mexico!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Zeo: Dude, I really don't know where I am right now. Sorry for going off topic back there. I'm kinda, yeah... flying in a space ship right now. WEEEEEE!!!

Why is America afraid to legalize drugs? Do you think it would be better if we were more like Amsterdam, where all drugs are taxed and you have specific spots to do them in?

Best answers
but its pretty much saying go ahead go visit ur local drug dealer, buy some drugs, but not too much!!! becuz who else supplies the drugs???

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did it legalize dealing small amounts? Or minor possession? There's a big difference.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This ain't good for Mexico to be honest
here you have a "poor" country which allows people to buy and carry harddrugs ( which can be extremly addictive! )

this law will probably make it very easy to get these drugs even people who previously didn't know how or where to get it could buy it now
the price however will most likely not change making it a very expensive habbit for the users

so basicly the following Cycle will occur
People try drugs, they get addicted, buy more till they run out of money and after the money is gone.. the addiction is still there so what's left for those people
well most commonly theft
which is something we are probably going to hear alot about in the near future

This ain't good for Mexico..

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Is it bad that this thread reminded me of two completely different songs? Firstly the title reminded me of Nine Days - Mexico (part of the chorus goes "Viva Mexico") and Opti reminded me of the song (can't remember the name, it's old though) that goes "I want to be a hippy and I want to get stoned on maraaa marijuana". But I digress.

On-topic:
I'm not in favour of drugs so I don't think other places should follow with laws like that. Although I don't mind people using it for medical purposes I guess. I also agree with Opti, I'd feel safe in Amsterdam. Although it could be amusing along the Mexican border, Mexicans going out, American teens going in.

Perhaps they're just trying to lower the population count.

@RISKY
So jail changes your life big-time? You did a year and you like drugs? So either jail didn't change you or jail made you like drugs...

Best answers
I found the "mexican choad" comment kinda harsh...its like saying "mexican ****s" but bypassing the word filter with another word....if thats allowed...then

i think all black people are ******s and should burn in "make love" hell..

back on topic, I dont see how this could be good for the US or Mexico, legalizing drugs as powerful as heroine and cocain couldnt be good, in any situation. Especially since even in small doses they can lead to heavy addiction.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
I found the "mexican choad" comment kinda harsh...its like saying "mexican ****s" but bypassing the word filter with another word....if thats allowed...then

i think all black people are ******s and should burn in "make love" hell..

back on topic, I dont see how this could be good for the US or Mexico, legalizing drugs as powerful as heroine and cocain couldnt be good, in any situation. Especially since even in small doses they can lead to heavy addiction.
Whether or not you're offended by Pride's comments, it doesn't justify yours. If you have a problem with what a moderator has said, there are routes to remedy it, and you're currently using the wrong one.

Warning for the racist comments. :warning:

Best answers
I have a question can a Mod be banned?

On-Topic
I think the Mexican Gov stopped caring about wether or not people do drugs,
a lot of people already do and they can't stop them all, and making legal means that the police(if you can call them that) don't waste time on them.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clen said:
I have a question can a Mod be banned?
We do have procedures for dealing with moderators acting unbefitting of their position. Just because we do it behind closed doors does not mean moderators have diplomatic immunity.

Best answers
"because its a stupid unhealthy habit that shouldn't be encouraged at all."

thats 100% true!!!but then again people have should have the freedom to do as they want!!!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RISKY.. said:
thats 100% true!!!but then again people have should have the freedom to do as they want!!!
I want to kill you. Is that my freedom?

Think about it.

Best answers
well obviously that dramatic of an action deserves a punishment, so thats the only way i see prison as a option but with a fair trial becuz a lot of murders r really in self defence and its important to find out the truth instead of give in to money and do things the political way!!! but yea humans have limitless ideas and thoughts so we should be able to utilize all of our potentials so there for we should have the freedom to do as we want , but still take caution on the well being of all man!!!

Best answers
drugs like marijuana have NO upside what so ever(except in very specific medical cases), anything that is only harmful to people should be outlawed in my opinion. I know cigarettes are illegal, but its pretty much too late to completely ban those(imagine the loss of jobs from people who work for cigaret companies).

as optimus pointed out there are plenty of freedomes you don't have(at least not under the law) because they are stupid and harmful.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore said:
drugs like marijuana have NO upside what so ever(except in very specific medical cases), anything that is only harmful to people should be outlawed in my opinion. I know cigarettes are illegal, but its pretty much too late to completely ban those(imagine the loss of jobs from people who work for cigaret companies).

as optimus pointed out there are plenty of freedomes you don't have(at least not under the law) because they are stupid and harmful.
you're basicly saying

Drugs are bad and should be banned
Cigarettes are bad and should be banned but because everyone is already addicted to that it's okai I guess
Alcohol is bad and should be banned but bec.. etc

owh and fyi 1 cup of coffee is worse for your system then 1 Marjiuana joint <3
( hell Marijuana is even less adictive then caffeine )

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
owh and fyi 1 cup of coffee is worse for your system then 1 Marjiuana joint <3
I hate to play devil's advocate, but that's a pretty strong claim to be making without substantiating it.

I find it hard to believe that a cup of coffee is worse for you than inhaling smoke into your lungs.

Best answers
well i saw on the news that recently they gave all the starbucks stores a test on the coffees caffeine level, and the results were shocking.. they said that the levels were supposed to be at 100.5mlgs or something like that but instead they were at like 2,000mlgs, so if u ordered decaf, u still got the full amount of caffeine!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I hate to play devil's advocate, but that's a pretty strong claim to be making without substantiating it.

I find it hard to believe that a cup of coffee is worse for you than inhaling smoke into your lungs.
okai, I was hopeing someone would say that :)

Example: Cancer
For coffee
The 31 August 1990 issue of the magazine Science notes that of the over 800 volatile chemicals present in roasted COFFEE, only 21 have actually been tested on animals and 16 of these cause cancer in rodents.
For Marijuana
There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use.
Example: Addiction

For all coffee, Marijuana and indirectly Tobacco
Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens as does an equivalent amount of tobacco. It should be remembered, however, that a heavy tobacco smoker consumes much more tobacco than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes marijuana. This is because smoked tobacco, with a 90% addiction rate, is the most addictive of all drugs while marijuana is less addictive than caffeine

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose coffee.
owh please, can you say propagenda?
lets just start with the bottom

Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1984.
That's like the freaking dark ages!

anyway, lets see

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the dangers for young people?
One major concern about marijuana is its possible effects on young people as they grow up. Research shows that the earlier people start using drugs, the more likely they are to go on to experiment with other drugs.
This is one of the more persistent myths. A real world example of what happens when marijuana is readily available can be found in Holland. The Dutch partially legalized marijuana in the 1970s. Since then, hard drug use -- heroin and cocaine -- have DECLINED substantially. If marijuana really were a gateway drug, one would have expected use of hard drugs to have gone up, not down. This apparent "negative gateway" effect has also been observed in the United States. Studies done in the early 1970s showed a negative correlation between use of marijuana and use of alcohol. A 1993 Rand Corporation study that compared drug use in states that had decriminalized marijuana versus those that had not, found that where marijuana was more available -- the states that had decriminalized -- hard drug abuse as measured by emergency room episodes decreased. In short, what science and actual experience tell us is that marijuana tends to substitute for the much more dangerous hard drugs like alcohol, cocaine, and heroin.
Kids in the netherlands between the age of 14-20 are almost last on the list of kids in europe who are "addicted" to hard drugs
Not bad for a bunch of potheads!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does marijuana affect the human reproductive system?
Some research studies suggest that the use of marijuana during pregnancy may result in premature babies and in low birth weights. Studies of men and women may have a temporary loss of fertility. These findings suggest that marijuana may be especially harmful during adolescence, a period of rapid physical and sexual development.
This claim is based chiefly on the work of Dr. Gabriel Nahas, who experimented with tissue (cells) isolated in petri dishes, and the work of researchers who dosed animals with near-lethal amounts of cannabinoids (i.e., the intoxicating part of marijuana). Nahas' generalizations from his petri dishes to human beings have been rejected by the scientific community as being invalid. In the case of the animal experiments, the animals that survived their ordeal returned to normal within 30 days of the end of the experiment. Studies of actual human populations have failed to demonstrate that marijuana adversely affects the reproductive system.

How does marijuana affect the lungs?
Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these two substances creates an increased health risk.
Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens as does an equivalent amount of tobacco. It should be remembered, however, that a heavy tobacco smoker consumes much more tobacco than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes marijuana. This is because smoked tobacco, with a 90% addiction rate, is the most addictive of all drugs while marijuana is less addictive than caffeine. Two other factors are important. The first is that paraphernalia laws directed against marijuana users make it difficult to smoke safely. These laws make water pipes and bongs, which filter some of the carcinogens out of the smoke, illegal and, hence, unavailable. The second is that, if marijuana were legal, it would be more economical to have cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink in the Middle East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic. This is in stark contrast with "smokeless" tobacco products like snuff which can cause cancer of the mouth and throat. When all of these facts are taken together, it can be clearly seen that the reverse is true: marijuana is much SAFER than tobacco.

Can marijuana cause cancer?
Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years.
Can't find the right "detailed" quote for this one so I'll have to fall back on
There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use.
and
if marijuana were legal, it would be more economical to have cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink in the Middle East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic. This is in stark contrast with "smokeless" tobacco products like snuff which can cause cancer of the mouth and throat.

What are some of the immediate effects of smoking marijuana?
Some immediate physical effects of marijuana include a faster heartbeat and pulse rate, bloodshot eyes, and a dry mouth and throat. No scientific evidence indicates that marijuana improves hearing, eyesight, and skin sensitivity. Studies of marijuana's mental effects show that the drug can impair or reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things which require concentration, swift reactions, and coordination, such as driving a car or operating machinery.
Sounds like the same effects of alcohol tbh and everyone drinks that too, I agree Marijuana and driving doesn't go together anyway

6. Legal marijuana would cause carnage on the highways
Although marijuana, when used to intoxication, does impair performance in a manner similar to alcohol, actual studies of the effect of marijuana on the automobile accident rate suggest that it poses LESS of a hazard than alcohol. When a random sample of fatal accident victims was studied, it was initially found that marijuana was associated with RELATIVELY as many accidents as alcohol. In other words, the number of accident victims intoxicated on marijuana relative to the number of marijuana users in society gave a ratio similar to that for accident victims intoxicated on alcohol relative to the total number of alcohol users. However, a closer examination of the victims revealed that around 85% of the people intoxicated on marijuana WERE ALSO INTOXICATED ON ALCOHOL. For people only intoxicated on marijuana, the rate was much lower than for alcohol alone. This finding has been supported by other research using completely different methods. For example, an economic analysis of the effects of decriminalization on marijuana usage found that states that had reduced penalties for marijuana possession experienced a rise in marijuana use and a decline in alcohol use with the result that fatal highway accidents decreased. This would suggest that, far from causing "carnage", legal marijuana might actually save lives.
Marijuana impairs short-term memory
This is true but misleading. Any impairment of short-term memory disappears when one is no longer under the influence of marijuana. Often, the short-term memory effect is paired with a reference to Dr. Heath's poor rhesus monkeys to imply that the condition is permanent.

Are there any other adverse reactions to marijuana?
A common bad reaction to marijuana is the "acute panic anxiety reaction." People describe this reaction as an extreme fear of "losing control," which causes panic. The symptoms usually disappear in a few hours.
Looks like someone confused Marjuana with LSD
hell even I never heard someone say something like that

What about psychological dependence on marijuana?
Long-term regular users of marijuana may become psychologically dependent. They may have a hard time limiting their use, they may need more of the drug to get the same effect, and they may develop problems with their jobs and personal relationships. The drug can become the most important aspect of their lives.
Again just like a alcohol addiction, but you're more likely to become seriously addicted to caffeine then Marijuana

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom