Vista sucks!

Best answers
the moment I decided to install Vista my life changed, for bad!

today I have decided to go back to my good old XP. ESF is giving me a lot
of trouble (crashes) and half life is acting buggy, although I know it is not
HL's fault.
Are experiencing the same or it is just me and my desperation?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm afraid it is either your or your computer's fault. When I had Vista installed, I had no problems with ESF, Half-Life or Half-Life 2 what so ever. It's not always the OS you know, even though I do have to agree that Vista sucks a bit as I had a lot of desktop explorer crashes with it.

Last edited:
Best answers
No crashes for me, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 x86 for like 3 months (when I got bored of my XP) my PC is running great and I love the Aero interface =]

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid it is either your or your computer's fault. When I had Vista installed, I had no problems with ESF, Half-Life or Half-Life 2 what so ever. It's not always the OS you know, even though I do have to agree that Vista sucks a bit as I had a lot of desktop explorer crashes with it.
Indeed, Vista actually made my games run better than XP did. Some games that didn't work on XP (well for me anyway) decided to run again. XP is a good OS... but so is Vista.

Plus, who doesn't love pressing Windows+Tab?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Running vista home premium SP1. What's your specs, mate? My call would be to delete HL/verify the GCF cache. Failing that, delete everything in your steam folder aside from the exe and steamapps to force it to reupdate steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom