Virus? What virus?!?

Best answers
Okay, everytime i try to goto myspace.com on IE, it redirects me to <s>http://protectionwarning.com/</s>

This only happens on Internet Explorer also, not Firefox. And i have this alert in my task bar that keeps telling me that i have a virus/spyware.

I've done spyware and virus scans and have deleted all spyware, and have no viruses.

any clue how to fix this?

Best answers
Well i got Ad-Aware SE and scanned/fixed all infections. BUt for some reason IE still closes by itself after a few minutes. And everytime i restart my computer and do another scan, i have new infections. Do i have a Trojan?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't use IE for one. Try shutting the comp down and restarting in safe mode and run the gambit on crap to clean your system. Open up the task manager and look for stuff you don't recognize and google it. Though be careful before you decide to remove anything. I've iced a few nasty pieces of work after finding them sitting in my task manager.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could always use Hijack This, It'll scan your computer for any active applications / start up stuff, and you are able to select those and "remove" them permanent from your computer. Do remember though, removing the wrong things might screw up your computer even more ;).

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to use HJT, I suggest finding a forum where people who know what they are talking about scan logs, and pasting your log there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom