virus help

Best answers
hi, i recently scanned my computer for viruses and system32 was infected. It wasnt cleanable either.

i didnt delete it because i know it would **** up my computer but would downloading a new one and replacing this one work???

any help would be appreciated.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Find out what virus it is and then download a fix from norton for it.

Best answers
i did norton b4 and it couldnt fix it... the only option it gave was to delete the file but im pretty sure its not a good idea to delete system32.

Best answers
Yes it's not a good idea all your drivers are in there. And you can't just replace it. Have you tried updating your norton

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Norton will tell you what the file is. Once you know what the name of the virus is go to their web site and do a search for it. It will tell you how to fix it and provide you with a small program you can download to clean it most likely.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or ya could, after you find out the infected file of ourse, start your pc up in safe mode and delete it,

assuming of course its a simple trojan, alot of trojans send a copy of the file to the system/system32/or windows folder, if its a necassery system file that was later infected you will possibly hafta do a full reformat, if you cant get a virus scanner to clean it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom