Video Problem

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This started a few weeks ago, and I haven't been able to find a solution. The problem is that whenever I play a game, exit out of it, and play a video, I can't see the video. The video is playing, but I just can't see it. Strange thing is, I tried taking a screenshot of it with Fraps, but the screenshot was able to capture a clip of the video properly. This problem only seems to occur whenever I exit out of a game. I've already checked to see if a game is still running in the background, but none show up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this happen with all media files you try to play?. Does it happen in all media players you try to use?.

What have you tried to fix the problem already?.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this happen with all media files you try to play?. Does it happen in all media players you try to use?.

What have you tried to fix the problem already?.
So far, it only happens in Windows Media Player, VLC Player, and RealPlayer. Quicktime doesn't seem to have this problem.

As for fixing it, I haven't tried anything yet. I couldn't find similar problems on the internet when I did a search.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I can understand reading your sentences, does this only happen with files you record using fraps or all media files you try to play?.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I can understand reading your sentences, does this only happen with files you record using fraps or all media files you try to play?.
Only when I play a video file, after having previously exited a game. The only way to fix it is by restarting my computer, but it's only temporary until I play a game again and exit out of it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there anything you have installed recently that you may think to be the cause of this issue you are experiencing?.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there anything you have installed recently that you may think to be the cause of this issue you are experiencing?.
No idea, but I think I might of fixed the problem. I reinstalled the DivX codec on my computer to see if that would make a difference, and so far I haven't experienced that problem yet. I'll post back here if anything changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom