Very...very nervous.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ok, my band is performing at a gig this Friday, and I'm nervous as hell, I'm the vocalist and this is my first -_-.

Anyone here have any tip son getting rid of assloads of adrenaline? -_-

I'm so scared >_<!

and if you guys are interested, if it gets videotaped, I'll upload the avi and post it here if you want...

just seeking some advice from teh supa dupa community of ESF.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just think of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD! and all your adrenaline will be channelled into creative energy.

Retired
Best answers
Good Luck Man.. I say you trash the place to **** after you finnish

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
just jump out there and it will go away

Best answers
ur not actually scared of performing, i think ur rather scared about being scared while performing. You have to understand that everyone gets nervous, sports people, singers, actors and alike that have done their thing for like 20 years or so still get butterflies and addrenaline rushes just before and while they perform. Just try not to think about it, if your trying to feal a difference in ur body and preparing urself for an adrenaline rush then you will notice it alot and u will have half ur focus on ur body's behaviour and the other half of ur focus on the real job at hand which in ur case is performing. If you try not to think about ur body and try not to feal any differences in it and put 100% focus on the real task than u wont do mistakes. People make mistakes when they are nervous because they are concentrating too much on their body's behaviour and not on the task at hand. And as spin said just jump out there, adrenaline rushes dont last that long anyways, and by the time youve come onto the stage half ur adrenaline would have ran out from waiting for ur band to get to stage.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, I've talked to you on Skype (skype.com) for hours on end, and you have no problems vocalizing, believe me. :p

I think you'll be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best way to relieve the tension, man, is to go out there and just let it all explode right there. Dont' waste energy trying to contain your nerves; and tell them it's your first show, and that your kind of nervous. You know, get them into it. If it's going well, ask them how you're doing so far--your bound to get a round of applause that'll instantly intoxicate you to the point you'd forget about any remaining worries.

Just do it. Once your out there doing it you'll be too busy to be nervous.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
The best way to relieve the tension, man, is to go out there and just let it all explode right there. Dont' waste energy trying to contain your nerves; and tell them it's your first show, and that your kind of nervous. You know, get them into it. If it's going well, ask them how you're doing so far--your bound to get a round of applause that'll instantly intoxicate you to the point you'd forget about any remaining worries.

Just do it. Once your out there doing it you'll be too busy to be nervous.
Exactly! Take some deep breaths between songs, ask the crowd how they're doing tonight, ask them if they're having a good time. Even pull the... "It's good to be playing at the <i>Insert name of place you're playing</i> in beautiful <i>insert city</i>" to get the energy in the crowd up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should totally video tape it and upload it here man! That would be teh awesome.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is probably a lot like the first few times I got a solo in our enemble's concert last year...scarey as hell. The fear is in screwing up...but you know what? We're human. Perfection is not synonymous with humanity, and even then, 9 times out of 10, the audience doesn't listen attentively enough to pick out any faults.

I believe SaiyanPride hit the mark, but I think my friend Jimmy said it in the most workable fashion:

Jus' giv'r

:)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's probably more the anticipation of playing. You're anxious because of the waiting before you get to perform. But once you start performing, all that will disappear and only the music will be left.

I'm sure you'll knock them dead

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm a little slow on the take, but here's my two cents.

I'd imagine it's just like performing in certain sporting events. Not team sports, but more like individual events. I used to be a swimmer in high school (freestyle and breast stroke). Racing at the dual meets in the regular season wasn't so hard. It was when it was the all city, regional and state meets that I got nervous as hell. I did several things to handle this.

1. Routine. Something that's really important is to always have a pre meet, or in your case, pre gig/set/performance routine. Something you always do before you perform without fail. It should be exactly the same every time, or at least as close as you can make it.

2. Visualization. You need to sit down in a quiet place and imagine exactly how events are going to unfold. See yourself doing exactly what you want, imagine the crowd's reactions, etc. When I visualized my performance at the regional meet, I was able to call my performance and time within 1/4 of a second. You just need to see you need to do, and do it.

3. Frickin' do it. Get up with confidence, have faith, and keep your mind in your own lane so to speak. Don't pay attention to the crowd, focus on you job. Go at it with all your effort. Do it for yourself, not anyone else.

-Karrde-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know my advice buddy.

Just rock out with your **** out and the audience will love you.

Best answers
Element4q2 said:
/me pats Maggy on teh back. Just sing the Beastman and Skeletor song in your head and you'll be fine :D
You would do well to consider this one "Golden One" *Mango...AKA Magus*

The "Perverted One" has some pretty nice flavor to it as well...*Miroku...AKA Deman*

-24K Gold Monkey beams fired at the perpetually Non-golden one...Magmus and his "dirty, mold covered, 3 week old pickle friend...AKA Mr. Piccol-D*ccolo!*

-Magmus' choice in favorite character is too fun to mess with...
Simply irresistable fun at EVERY turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom