Very laggy play!

Best answers
I don't know why, but I get a very bad lag when I play online or have more than 2 players on my comp.!

To avoid future Q's:

I have a very good comp.
I have all the latest drivers.
I have the latest patch for esf.

What is wrong???

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Are you using software rendering? If so, change to OGL or D3D.
How many programs are you running in task manager? If you're using Win 98 the only programs you need running are Explorer, Systray, your internet connection, and ESF.

Best answers
Oh, hmmm. For some reason I don't think it is that... I don't know why though... Could there be any other reason?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No other reasons that I can think of right now. Try closing some of those programs and then running it again, my ESF looks like a slideshow until I close just 1 of the background programs and then it's fine so it's worth a shot :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
darkowns - i have 33 running without any games open and mine does not lag - proccesses are different from programs you know.

And mattman - could you post your computer specs? I don't know what your definiation of good is.

Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
darkowns - i have 33 running without any games open and mine does not lag - proccesses are different from programs you know.

And mattman - could you post your computer specs? I don't know what your definiation of good is.

to the processes: just look if ur antivirus software is deactivated this should help alot.

and to the PC specs.... the computer can be so good as possible if the user is a idiot it would run like trying to play Duke Nukem 3D on a Comodore 64. i know so many peoples which have a better PC then mine but they incredible stupid with the PC...

Best answers
If you're running that many... Just minimize ESF and go to your Task Manager , click on Process tab and find the hl.exe... rightclick on it.. find Priority and set it on High... that should make it concentrate on ESF and make it so you shouldn't lag... as much anyway..

Best answers
Here are my specs:

256mb Nvidia 5200 video card
2 Ghz Processor
80 GB Hard drive
512 MB Total memory

I hope that is enough...

And I want to try what God's fighter said too.

Best answers
this specs are more then enough. iam playing sometimes with a PC which has only 750Mhz, GF2 MX400, 256RAM etc. and it works without problems

have u tried to change the video mode to OpenGL?

Best answers
I am sorry all! I don't know what happend, but now it runs fine! Even with 10+ bots! Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom