Vegeta's Flamethrower

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, that "hand seal" is bs. Vegeta used "flamethrower" without doing any hand seals. Trunks + Handseals = Burning attack. Burning attack does not equal flamethrower. The flamethrower is actually just a generic beam engulfing the opponent. This has been said on numerous occasions, but if i say it again maybe someone will begin to understand the message.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Yet another person talking out of his ass like he knows everything.

Ravendust. You are possibly the dumbest person I know.
Lets not talk about you, and some wonderfull topics you once made, shall we? :S

Now, i do think the flamethrower should be in, but maybe integrated in the melee system, hmmmm, wait i know something.

Why not make it an atack you can only use once at a few times, like this.

You go close to someone, and you do the atack, instead of charching, its fired imideatily, blowing the person to smithereens, but then you can't use it anymore for like 30 or 60 seconds....

And if your weaker, then it won't work, or only doing some damage, but if your stronger then the victim, then he gets blown to bits, or do greaty damaged, and you lose ofcourse allot of energy.

What do you think of this idea?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has already been included as a move for Trunks in v1.3 I fail to see why its still being debated.
The only thing I can think of adding to this thread is giving the move to Vegeta as well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flamethrower should be used in advanced melee. It should be an additional combo for both vegeta and trunks. They do a bunch of punches and kicks (trunks uses sword or w/e he did in that frieza episode) and they both end in a giant ki wave covering the opponent just like in the show.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Ravendust. You are possibly the dumbest person I know
how about we not spam the thread carl

anyways trunks does need more attacks anyway so i say add it in even if he is a melee character it doesnt seem like it hes really bad in melee really hes only useful when he gets to go ssj so im glad theyre putting it in

Best answers
Darkowns shut up. Goodness. Anyway

The Engulfing beam should only activate when your in pointblank range of someone which I have said before.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:

Ravendust. You are possibly the dumbest person I know.
Defending your points would be good. Flaming damages your credibility. Don't do it again.

*Edit*
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Darkowns shut up. Goodness. Anyway

The Engulfing beam should only activate when your in pointblank range of someone which I have said before.
Alright, one warning :warning: to you. Now get off of this course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so back to the original subject, for Vegeta.

Heres what it looks like in the show;

So it's basically the same as Trunk's but without the preceding hand gestures. Point blank range, really wide energy blast resembling a flame (there, now everyone's happy) Leaves crispy remains.

How I think it should work;

-Advanced Melee-

Vegeta's doing a combo, if he ends with a fierce hit, he knocks them away like it is now. If he ends with two fierce hits (any direction) Then he hits them with the first and while they're recoiling he quickly extends his arms (one arm for Trunks) and fires the blast. However, it's a death move, which means it'll only fire if the computer knows it'll do enough damage to kill, otherwise it acts as a normal fierce hit.

How it all works out;
If the combo ends with a fierce hit, knocks the enemy away.
If the combo ends with two fierce hits but the attacker has insufficient ki, it knocks the enemy away.
If the combo ends with the victim still having at least 21% health left, the last fierce hit knocks the enemy away.
If the combo ends with two fierce hits, the attacker has over 1/3rd ki remaining and the victim has 20% health or less, the second fierce hit is replaced by the energy flame, that gibs them instantly.

-Stand-alone Move-

Charge is 1 second, range is roughly 1/4 the distance of Buu's Candy attack (around 32 units?), drains ki at the 1.5x the speed as Final Flash, but drains HP at 10HP per second. Instant kill (gib) at 20% or less.

This is all for Vegeta, but roughly the same applies to Trunks. C&C.

Best answers
One thing, if I were to start using this flame, and someone were to swoop at me and enter it, would it force them out of swoop and damage them? or would they cut right through to melee. I think someone suggested it having knockback earlier to avoid them dying too quickly.

Best answers
-Advanced Melee-
Don't you think he will be overpowered that everyone uses him for advanced melee?

-Standalone Move-
It will be hard to hit an enemy. Any time when an enemy get so close to you, usually they don't just fly slowly to you. They will just swoop right at you and either basic or advance melee you away. While you are preparing to fire the blast. Even if you fire sucessfully, I think there wills till be an explosion like any other beams causing you to lose health. Right now it is already so irritating to see your character die from you own beam. For example, I was charging a kamehameha, when some peeps start to swoop at me. I know by the time I shoot, it will kill both of us. So maybe this flame blast thing will hurt yourself too. Well IF this work out fine, I think it wouldn't be fair about the instant kill thing.. You see if it works out fine, when anyone swoops at you all you have to do is BOOM and they die. ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you think he will be overpowered that everyone uses him for advanced melee?
Well if Trunks has his sword for 20% melee and thats not overpowered I don't see how this is.

While you are preparing to fire the blast. Even if you fire sucessfully, I think there wills till be an explosion like any other beams causing you to lose health. Right now it is already so irritating to see your character die from you own beam. For example, I was charging a kamehameha, when some peeps start to swoop at me. I know by the time I shoot, it will kill both of us. So maybe this flame blast thing will hurt yourself too.
OR not. The move would be coded not to have an explosion, it's not a beam in the traditional sense. It doesn't have an explosion and therefore there would be no explosion to hurt you. If this was implemented with an explosion (and considering it's short range, the explosion would always hurt you) then i'd be suggesting we remove it.

Best answers
Hey everyone. The only time that I remember ANYONE doing a fire attack is in #23 when Vegeta attacks Goku with fireballs (They were red, had flame like waves, and sounded like fire - english dub). Then again, I dont have the episode of Vegeta killing that Majin guy.

I'm more in favor of SSJ Shin Carl in this one. The attack Trunks' uses to kill Freeza looks like just a short normal yellow ki blast, just like that one with Vegeta killing the Majin guy in the pictures and when Trunks kills #18 back in his own time. Whether or not its a real flame doesnt matter, if this attack is put in, it should only be involved in adv. melee as a combo and not a separate ki attack.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is included for Trunks as an attack, it isn't known if its going to also be an advanced melee combo. (Check the dev journals to see, its a blue coloured attack) So stop debating on whether or not it should be in. I personally think that Vegeta should also get the move as he does it against PuiPui.

Best answers
This thing should only be usable in after his combo. If you want to make it just for him. Other than that everyone should have the Engulfing beam. Hell all beams are supposed to engulf anyway, and then explode.

I don't get it, but for some reason the ESF team hasn't grasped the fact that the beams are Yellow, and not blue they are Blue sometimes, but they are mostly yellow, and yes Generic beams too. They are probably just trying to decipher from ssj, and not, but that means nothing. Also this "flamethrower" is supposed to be yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom